Windows 10: Scrolling Windows 10

Discus and support Scrolling Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've found then when I'm scrolling up ofdown on my laptop using the trackpad, it opens the start menu. Is this a fault with my laptop or is it a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JWB, Nov 29, 2015.

1. JWB
    JWB Win User

Scrolling Windows 10

I've found then when I'm scrolling up ofdown on my laptop using the trackpad, it opens the start menu. Is this a fault with my laptop or is it a windows 10 thing? Never had the problem before I installed windows 10.

:)

2. Scroll problem in Windows 10 with dell N5010

Hi. I am facing scroll problem in windows 10. Scroll feature is activated and running good in google chrome. But scroll function is not working in windows 10. When I try to scroll nothing happens but at the same time when I scroll in google chrome it works.
    Please help.

Ravi Kant Verma, Nov 29, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so i figured it out myself

Found the logfile in "C:\Windows\Minidump".

You need the Windows Development Kit to open it and a bit of googling to understand it.

Found out that a Daemon driver caused an error. Removed Daemon but this didn't solve it. (ps: Daemon itself worked normally).

I let hibernate my computer again and found another error with sptd2.sys: SCSI Pass Through Direct layer

More google and ended up on the duplexsecure site. Downloaded the W10 version and voila: problem fixed.

For the Windows support team: It would be really helpfull if you could pass problems to a more skilled helpdesk who can do more than proposing the standard solutions in case those won't work.

Cheers

windows-10, Nov 29, 2015
  4. philc43 Win User

Scrolling Windows 10

It's possible that W10 has changed the behaviour of the touchpad and you may have a region of the pad activated for the start menu.

Here is the page in settings that you need to look at (type mouse in the search bar):

Scrolling Windows 10 [​IMG]

Look at the additional mouse settings and see if there is a tab for your trackpad and its settings. On mine there is a section where I can enable/disable tap zones

Scrolling Windows 10 [​IMG]

Its just possible that you may have been accidently touching the start menu zone without realizing it.

philc43, Nov 29, 2015
Thema:

Scrolling Windows 10

1. Scrolling Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Scrolling

2. Laptop keeps scrolling down itself in browsers and etc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keeps scrolling down itself in browsers and etc.: My dell laptop most of the time keeps scrolling down to the page by itself. any fixes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-keeps-scrolling-down-itself-in-browsers-and/2e15b0f1-03c0-44cf-95d7-4571e9d44ec5
  3. Laptop keeps scrolling down itself in browsers and etc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop keeps scrolling down itself in browsers and etc.: My dell laptop most of the time keeps scrolling down to the page by itself. any fixes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-keeps-scrolling-down-itself-in-browsers-and/2e15b0f1-03c0-44cf-95d7-4571e9d44ec5
  4. a problem where my mouse stops tracking whenever i scroll it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    a problem where my mouse stops tracking whenever i scroll it: how do i fix a problem where my mouse stops tracking whenever i scroll, i took it apart trying to fix the problem but nothing worked. its also very annoying because i play video games o here that use the scroll and a button to do something....
  5. a problem where my mouse stops tracking whenever i scroll it

a problem where my mouse stops tracking whenever i scroll it: how do i fix a problem where my mouse stops tracking whenever i scroll, i took it apart trying to fix the problem but nothing worked. its also very annoying because i play video games o here that use the scroll and a button to do something....
  6. a problem where my mouse stops tracking whenever i scroll it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. a problem where my stops tracking whenever i scroll it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    a problem where my stops tracking whenever i scroll it: how do i fix a problem where my stops tracking whenever i scroll, i took it apart trying to fix the problem but nothing worked. its also very annoying because i play video games o here that use the scroll and a button to do something....
  8. a problem where my stops tracking whenever i scroll it

a problem where my stops tracking whenever i scroll it: how do i fix a problem where my stops tracking whenever i scroll, i took it apart trying to fix the problem but nothing worked. its also very annoying because i play video games o here that use the scroll and a button to do something....
  9. a problem where my stops tracking whenever i scroll it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. White lines following files in file explorer when scrolling down.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White lines following files in file explorer when scrolling down.: When scrolling down in File Explorer I have these white lines following me. It happens only in File Explorer and nowhere else and only in that bottom left corner....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. skroll bar jitter windows10