Windows 10: Scrolls on its own

Discus and support Scrolls on its own in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have had this same problem and a number of others people have mentioned since upgrading to Windows 10. Just to clarify - my issue is with the active... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DomieBascones, Jan 31, 2021.

1. Scrolls on its own

I have had this same problem and a number of others people have mentioned since upgrading to Windows 10.

Just to clarify - my issue is with the active window. Scrolling occurs on my windows in several different web browsers, Microsoft Word, Excel -- pretty much everything to all apps. If Im on my desktop I cant click on an app since it scrolls to the last app.

Question :Are you facing this issue with specific application or all?

Answer: Yes, to all apps as in to all. If im on the desktop if I select and app and double click on it, it will open the last icon or app in the bottom of the screen since it scrolls on its own.

Question : If so, which applications do you experience this issue with? Are these applications, Microsoft Office applications or Windows applications also?

Answer: ALL OF THE APPLICATIONS.

:)

DomieBascones, Jan 31, 2021
  2. pedsto Win User

scrolling bad

New event. When placing cursor over a list or row of columns, even the volume bar scrolling is automatic and proceeds to one end of the series and stops. The scrolling also stops when I move the cursor away from the list but am unable to select anything in the list. Not all the possible lists are effected. Other sites have recommended mouse/kb fixes. Have tried all those but the phenomena persists. Have not had any known updates recently and don't have a restore point to try. Any other suggestions? W10Pro 1903

pedsto, Jan 31, 2021
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    not scrolling

Hi Donna,

This may have occurred due to a mouse driver conflict or a hardware issue that caused this. For us to help you with this, kindly answer the following questions:

• What is the make and model of your mouse? Is it wired or wireless?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

On the other hand, we suggest that you check this
    article
    . Kindly perform the steps as our initial troubleshooting and see if there will be any changes on scrolling.

Kindly get back to us further assistance.

Xylee Del, Jan 31, 2021
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Scrolls on its own

Page scrolling on its own

We appreciate your response. To troubleshoot your issue, we suggest that you follow these steps below on how to modify Touchpad Scrolling Settings.

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Click Mouse and choose Touchpad tab.
    • Locate the Scrolling Settings area within the touchpad properties tab. Adjust the settings to meet your needs.
    • Click OK.

Let us know if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jan 31, 2021
Thema:

Scrolls on its own

1. Scrolls on its own - Similar Threads - Scrolls own

2. My mouse won't respond to clicks, keeps scrolling on it's own. Please help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse won't respond to clicks, keeps scrolling on it's own. Please help!: Hello, my mouse hasn't been working properly, it has been going on for three weeks now. I think it was because I downloaded a program that gave me malware. I checked my device manager and noticed some errors on the other devices. I reinstalled the drivers like the system...
  3. My mouse won't respond to clicks, keeps scrolling on it's own. Please help!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My mouse won't respond to clicks, keeps scrolling on it's own. Please help!: Hello, my mouse hasn't been working properly, it has been going on for three weeks now. I think it was because I downloaded a program that gave me malware. I checked my device manager and noticed some errors on the other devices. I reinstalled the drivers like the system...
  4. My mouse won't respond to clicks, keeps scrolling on it's own. Please help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop keeps scrolling down on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keeps scrolling down on its own: Recently, my computer will keep scrolling down by itself. It will just scroll to the bottom and it is impossible to scroll up. I don’t use an external mouse and just use the mousepad. I have zero clue on what is causing it but it is unlike that my touchpad is causing it....
  6. Laptop keeps scrolling down on its own

Laptop keeps scrolling down on its own: Recently, my computer will keep scrolling down by itself. It will just scroll to the bottom and it is impossible to scroll up. I don’t use an external mouse and just use the mousepad. I have zero clue on what is causing it but it is unlike that my touchpad is causing it....
  7. Why does my scroll bar move on it's own?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my scroll bar move on it's own?: I've been having a major problem. I cannot move down to view anything because the scroll bar automatically moves back up anytime I try to move down.I already reset Windows 10 and waited hours and hours to reinstall windows and it's still happening. I even attempted to...
  8. Why does my scroll bar move on it's own?

Why does my scroll bar move on it's own?: I've been having a major problem. I cannot move down to view anything because the scroll bar automatically moves back up anytime I try to move down.I already reset Windows 10 and waited hours and hours to reinstall windows and it's still happening. I even attempted to...
  9. Why does my scroll bar move on it's own?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. Windows search fields and menus scrolling on their own.

Windows search fields and menus scrolling on their own.: Hello community.Recently windows search fields and menus have started to scroll with no physical input from myself. The direction of the infinite scrolling appears to be upwards. I have tried several solutions such as removing ghost drivers, disconnecting all devices save for...