Windows 10: scsi to usb connection no longer working error code 10

Discus and support scsi to usb connection no longer working error code 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, I have a 2002 Korg Triton Studio keyboard that has a 20gb scsi hard drive, was instantly recognised by windows (all versions ) up until very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mechris, Jun 23, 2019.

1. mechris Win User

scsi to usb connection no longer working error code 10

Hi all,
    I have a 2002 Korg Triton Studio keyboard that has a 20gb scsi hard drive, was instantly recognised by windows (all versions ) up until very recently via a simple scsi to usb cable.

Now I recieve an error code 10 not recognised.

Though getting on in years, my Trion keyboard is a valued part of my music studio set up and I am lost not being able to easily transfer files and importantly back up the hard drive!

Clearly a recent Windows update has in some way done something to stop this interface from working
    I have tried all of the usual things, driver update....I have the most up to date driver, uninstall and reboot...installs the driver and same problem. Whats going on Microsoft?

Is there another driver I can use or have microsoft simply stopped us users from using scsi to usb interfaces with windows?

As you may have gathered I am NOT HAPPY!

Over to you Guys and Girls of the forum

Kind regards and thanks in advance for your time!

:)

mechris, Jun 23, 2019

2. USB Attached SCSI Mass Storage Device, Code: 19

• Probably. This has been happening for a couple months and I have just been working around it. When it originally occurred I did a a system restore to the earliest restore point I had but the issue persisted.
    • I just ran Dell's tool and updated my BIOS.
    • I have not made any changes to the BIOS.

I am able to make my devices work, if after they are plugged in and I am shown the yellow exclamation mark, I follow these steps. However, once I unplug/plugin again I have to go through these steps again.
    Sometimes device manager doesn't find the device automatically and I have to right click and "scan for hardware changes."

• Right click on the device.
    • "Update driver".
    • "Browse my computer for driver software".
    • "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer".
    • Then, in the list of available drivers I can choose the appropriate one.
      • For a mouse: "USB Input Device".
      • For a HDD: "USB Attached SCSI (UAS) Mass Storage Device".
    That works, but if I have to do that every time I plug anything in, it is going to get tiresome.

Additionally:

Any other suggestions?

someonewhohasaproblem, Jun 23, 2019
  3. Can't open USB drives, Windows 10, code 19

I am having a bizarre problem with my USB ports on my computer. They aren't working. I have 4 ports, and the only device that works in any of them is my mouse - an older Razer Death Adder 3.5G. If I plug any other device in, Windows plays that nice "connecting" sound, then instantly plays the rude "disconnecting" sound and disconnects. Sometimes it connects/disconnects a few times. Afterwards I go to device manager and, if the device is a external drive I get the error under the Storage controller section, and if it was a mouse, I get the same error under the Human Interface Devices section.

Error:

scsi to usb connection no longer working error code 10 yIsmN.png

I have looked at the registry following the advice given on other questions, but none of the registry keys suggested have UpperFilters or LowerFilters that were values that should be deleted.
    Here are a couple of the keys I checked.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e978-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}

Anyone have any suggestions?

Edit:

I am able to make my devices work, if after they are plugged in and I am shown the yellow exclamation mark, I follow these steps. However, once I unplug/plugin again I have to go through these steps again. Sometimes device manager doesn't find the device automatically and I have to right click and "scan for hardware changes."

• Right click on the device.
    • "Update driver".
    • "Browse my computer for
      driver software".
    • "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my
      computer".
    • Then, in the list of available drivers I can choose the
      appropriate one.
      • For a mouse: "USB Input Device".
      • For a HDD: "USB
        Attached SCSI (UAS) Mass Storage Device".

That works, but if I have to do that every time I plug anything in, it is going to get tiresome.

blackandorangecat, Jun 23, 2019
  4. Pavan_N Win User

All USB storage devices have code 39 error

Hi Ilya,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Do you get same error codes in the Device manager too?
    • Does this issue occurs in other hardware components like keyboard and mouse?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Do you get same error when you connect your extenal hard drive to a different computer running Windows 10?

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to check in Device Manager and check if you get the same error code. If yes follow link and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested under
    Code 39

Error codes in Device Manager in Windows.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/310123#bookmark-39

Do let us know if the same code 39 shows under all USB storage devices. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jun 23, 2019
Thema:

1. scsi to usb connection no longer working error code 10 - Similar Threads - scsi usb connection

2. USB mic is not working error code 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB mic is not working error code 10: Trying to install the usb mic ld systems d1013C. This is the model, which should not require any additional drivers. Tried this mic on other pc - works fine. On my own laptop i've tried and failed:- trying all the usb ports available - uninstalling and installing the device-...
  3. USB mic is not working error code 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB mic is not working error code 10: Trying to install the usb mic ld systems d1013C. This is the model, which should not require any additional drivers. Tried this mic on other pc - works fine. On my own laptop i've tried and failed:- trying all the usb ports available - uninstalling and installing the device-...
  4. USB Code 10 error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Code 10 error: USB Code 10 error still present after 2 Preview builds updates.only 1 USB port working.This USB issue was present few months ago also.Need fix fast https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-code-10-error/78591566-855f-432d-9984-242463b90c80
  5. USB Code 10 error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Code 10 error: USB Code 10 error still present after 2 Preview builds updates.only 1 USB port working.This USB issue was present few months ago also.Need fix fast https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-code-10-error/78591566-855f-432d-9984-242463b90c80
  6. USB Ports No Longer Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Ports No Longer Working: I have this laptop: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Gateway-14-1-1080p-PC-Laptop-Intel-Core-i5-16GB-RAM-256GB-SSD-Windows-10-Black-GWTN141-4BK/364041142?comm-msg-vehicle=EMAIL&comm-msg-id=8b024544-7a63-430a-a90f-2e782d565448The laptop has two USB ports. Whenever I try plugging a...
  7. Code 43 USB cords no longer work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Code 43 USB cords no longer work: HP Pavilion x360. I've tried a few different different cords, and none of them work. They beep, they charge, but on This PC the phone no longer shows up. I cannot access my phone, and under Device Manager it listed it as "device descriptor request failed". Normally I...
  8. scsi to usb connection no longer working error code 10

in Windows 10 Support
    scsi to usb connection no longer working error code 10: Hi all, I have a 2002 Korg Triton Studio keyboard that has a 20gb scsi hard drive, was instantly recognised by windows (all versions ) up until very recently via a simple scsi to usb cable. Now I recieve an error code 10 not recognised. Though getting on in years, my Trion...
  9. USB Composite error code 10

USB Composite error code 10: Well, have been a few days trying to make this work, looking in forums and videos but nothing worked. I have an HP Laptop 15-db0xxx brand new, Windows 10 Home edition with AMD Ryzen 3 2200U Processor, 8 GB Ram, bla bla, and everything have been a nightmare to make an Generic...
  10. Can anyone use USB attached SCSI in 10?

Can anyone use USB attached SCSI in 10?: Is anyone using a UAS device successfully on 9926? I have a Iomega eGo USB 3 1TB drive which connects through USB Attached SCSI when running 9926 on 2012 Macbook Pro hardware. The drive is fine (works through USB2 on Thinkpad) and the Macbook is fine (the same drive works...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. usb attached scsi disconnects if not in use