Windows 10: Sculpt Comfort Bluetooth cursor moves, but clicking works intermittently

Discus and support Sculpt Comfort Bluetooth cursor moves, but clicking works intermittently in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an issue with the Bluetooth Sculpt Comfort Mouse that I'm perplexed by. The cursor moves without issue so Bluetooth connection is good, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Bill Bascus - Workday, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Sculpt Comfort Bluetooth cursor moves, but clicking works intermittently

I have an issue with the Bluetooth Sculpt Comfort Mouse that I'm perplexed by.

The cursor moves without issue so Bluetooth connection is good, but clicking only works intermittently after repeated clicks.

The mouse has worked great for two years - so great in fact, that I have two others at remote work spaces that pair with the same machine Lenovo X1 Carbon 7th Gen. Those mice have continued to work without issue.

I'm disinclined to believe it's a mechanical issue, as it happened overnight after I made an unrelated registry edit. I have disconnected and reconnected via Bluetooth several times, and run the hardware troubleshooter with no luck.

I've thrown in the towel, and a replacement is on the way, but putting this up there in the hopes that it might generate some discussion.

:)

Bill Bascus - Workday, Jul 24, 2020

2. Sculpt Comfort (Bluetooth) cursor moves, but clicking works intermittently

I have an issue with the Bluetooth Sculpt Comfort Mouse that I'm perplexed by.

The cursor moves without issue (so Bluetooth connection is good), but clicking only works intermittently after repeated clicks.

The mouse has worked great for two years - so great in fact, that I have two others at remote work spaces that pair with the same machine (Lenovo X1 Carbon 7th Gen). Those mice have continued to work without issue.

I'm disinclined to believe it's a mechanical issue, as it happened overnight after I made an unrelated registry edit. I have disconnected and reconnected via Bluetooth several times, and run the hardware troubleshooter with no luck.

I've thrown in the towel, and a replacement is on the way, but putting this up there in the hopes that it might generate some discussion.

Bill Bascus - Workday, Jul 26, 2020
  3. cfourkays Win User
    WIFI mouse (mouses?) not working. Cursor not moving.

Windows 10 Pro Insider
    Have a Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse and Logitech M510 that are installed. Both had been working.
    Now cursor does not move with either mouse. Wired mouses OK.
    With Logitech only, can click left or right depending on cursor placement moving cursor with wired mouse.
    Sculpt mouse clicks do not work.
    Both recognized in "Bluetooth and other devices. Had been working.

Wired mouse works OK.
    Have Logitech K800 Keyboard that is working.
    Fresh batteries in both.

Very, very strange.*Huh

Pete

cfourkays, Jul 26, 2020
  4. Sculpt Comfort Bluetooth cursor moves, but clicking works intermittently

Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse is working intermittently.

Thank you for getting back to us, Naris. Since the Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse worked intermittently on both your Surface Pro4 and your HP Pavillion, then it's more likely a hardware issue. It's a good option to get in touch with the hardware support.

Feel free to let us know if you need further information.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

Sculpt Comfort Bluetooth cursor moves, but clicking works intermittently

1. Sculpt Comfort Bluetooth cursor moves, but clicking works intermittently - Similar Threads - Sculpt Comfort Bluetooth

2. Microsoft sculpt comfort mouse not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft sculpt comfort mouse not working: I have a microsoft sculpt comfort mouse which has stopped working.I already tried the solutions found on this forum download the new drivers and so on but it still doesn't work.Does anybody know what I can do now?Thanks,...
  3. Microsoft sculpt comfort mouse not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft sculpt comfort mouse not working: I have a microsoft sculpt comfort mouse which has stopped working.I already tried the solutions found on this forum download the new drivers and so on but it still doesn't work.Does anybody know what I can do now?Thanks,...
  4. Microsoft sculpt comfort mouse not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Sculpt Comfort Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sculpt Comfort Desktop: Hello I just bought a Sculpt Comfort Desktop and I am trying to use it with my Macbook Pro, the mouse fits pretty well but the keyboard will not work at all. I am using MacOS Monterrey version 12.0.1. Please help!! what am I missing?...
  6. Sculpt Comfort Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sculpt Comfort Desktop: Hello I just bought a Sculpt Comfort Desktop and I am trying to use it with my Macbook Pro, the mouse fits pretty well but the keyboard will not work at all. I am using MacOS Monterrey version 12.0.1. Please help!! what am I missing?...
  7. Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Bluetooth Mouse Gestures Lag

Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Bluetooth Mouse Gestures Lag: I have this great mouse for years, after replacing my PC corporate machine from Lenovo ThinkPad T470s to Lenovo ThinkPad T495s, both using Windows 10 1909, but each one installed in different way BMB in old machine and digital desktop in new machine, I started facing lag...
  8. Sculpt Comfort Mouse - scrolling intermittently stops working driver issue

Sculpt Comfort Mouse - scrolling intermittently stops working driver issue: I am experiencing software issues with the scroll wheel on the Sculpt Comfort Mouse. The exact symptoms are: - While working in a given application scrolling suddenly stops working - The application can be anything; MS Word, Edge, Chrome... - To resolve the issue all I...
  9. Sculpt comfort mouse stoped working

Sculpt comfort mouse stoped working: I have been using the sculpt comfort mouse for a time now. I have the mouse and the keyboards, but suddenly my mouse stopped working. The keyboard works properly, but it seems like the usb receiver is not getting the mouse. The battery is fine. Tried with new ones and the...
  10. Sculpt Comfort Mouse disabling bluetooth radios

Sculpt Comfort Mouse disabling bluetooth radios: I have two new (2018-19) pcs running windows 10 which have both have bluetooth connectivity and have used it recently. However after pairing the Microsoft sculpt comfort bluetooth mouse to these computers the mouse would run for a while and then drop off. I thought it was the...