Windows 10: Sculpt Comfort Keyboard not registering 1st keystroke

Discus and support Sculpt Comfort Keyboard not registering 1st keystroke in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have been using a Sculpt Comfort wireless Keyboard for about 4 months. It is comfortable and has worked great up until about 2 weeks ago. I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KitPalmer, Sep 20, 2018.

1. KitPalmer Win User

Sculpt Comfort Keyboard not registering 1st keystroke

I have been using a Sculpt Comfort wireless Keyboard for about 4 months. It is comfortable and has worked great up until about 2 weeks ago. I was running Windows 7 on my HP Mobile Workstation with no issues, but was forced to upgrade my OS to Windows 10 (company IT policy).

Since then, I notice that every time I switch programs or even windows within the same program, the first keystroke does not register. As you can imagine, this is very frustrating. I have downloaded the latest software and drivers for Win10 with no effect on this problem. I do not see this issue if I use a wired keyboard. Also having the dongle plugged into the laptop instead of the docking station did not improve this either.

Is this a known issue with this keyboard and Win10?

:)

KitPalmer, Sep 20, 2018

2. Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard not registering first keystroke

Purchased Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard 11/2015

After upgrading to Windows 10, Sculpt Keyboard intermittently not registering first keystroke. .

- Replaced battery - no change

- Moved USB/dongle to another port - not change

Any ideas?

JaimeCaban, Sep 20, 2018
  3. Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard not registering first keystroke

I gave up and purchased a new Sculpt and guess what - it's still happening!

First keystroke randomly does not take - it's super annoying so I would never comfortably recommend the keyboard for purchase.

Sad really because I love the look, feel and touch of the keyboard.

JaimeCaban, Sep 20, 2018
  4. DavidA835 Win User

Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard not registering first keystroke

I tried all your steps and no luck. I have one of these keyboards at home and at work. Both have the same issue. It mainly is when you switch between programs the first keystroke is not registering.

This is very frustrating, especially when typing password.

David

DavidA835, Sep 20, 2018
Thema:

1. Sculpt Comfort Keyboard not registering 1st keystroke - Similar Threads - Sculpt Comfort Keyboard

2. Microsoft sculpt comfort desktop keyboard.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft sculpt comfort desktop keyboard.: I need assistance in replacing my keyboard for the Microsoft sculpt comfort desktop keyboard. Some of the letters on the keyboard have completely faded off. I haven't even had this keyboard for close a year. I've tried finding a cover to put on it but nothing matches its...
  3. Microsoft sculpt comfort desktop keyboard.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft sculpt comfort desktop keyboard.: I need assistance in replacing my keyboard for the Microsoft sculpt comfort desktop keyboard. Some of the letters on the keyboard have completely faded off. I haven't even had this keyboard for close a year. I've tried finding a cover to put on it but nothing matches its...
  4. Microsoft sculpt comfort desktop keyboard.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Sculpt keyboard drops first keystroke

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sculpt keyboard drops first keystroke: My Microsoft Sculpt keyboard drops first keystroke after idle for a few seconds? What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sculpt-keyboard-drops-first-keystroke/c33f9d5d-75bd-45e9-ba68-1270dcbbf2fd
  6. Sculpt keyboard drops first keystroke

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sculpt keyboard drops first keystroke: My Microsoft Sculpt keyboard drops first keystroke after idle for a few seconds? What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sculpt-keyboard-drops-first-keystroke/c33f9d5d-75bd-45e9-ba68-1270dcbbf2fd
  7. Laptop keyboard not registering every keystroke

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop keyboard not registering every keystroke: I'm getting very frustrated. My laptop keyboard is behaving inconsistently. It started a couple weeks ago with just the L key not always coming up as a keystroke every time, then quickly spread to all of the other keys. I'm having to use an external keyboard else everything...
  8. Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard - 1st Keystroke no working

Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard - 1st Keystroke no working: It appears that the latest all black Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard - has a firmware issue and only after a few minutes it goes to sleep, the first keystroke wakes the power save feature embedded - which means that first keystroke does not appear on screen. Rendering this...
  9. Broken Link for Sculpt Comfort Keyboard Software

Broken Link for Sculpt Comfort Keyboard Software: Nowhere did I find a way to report broken links on the microsoft website.The Sculpt Comfort Keyboard software download link is not working and I would like to ask someone for help to find out how to fix it.I recently bought this hardware and would like to download the...
  10. Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Keyboard

Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Keyboard: I was given a MS Sculpt Comfort Keyboard model 1531. How can I connect it to my computer? Do I need a dongle for my USB port? If so, I do not have it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-sculpt-comfort-keyboard/1bb131fa-450f-428c-93f2-8c571b64bf70

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft sculpt first key stroke

2. sculpt keyboard first keystroke not recognized