Windows 10: Sculpt Ergonomic mouse left click not working

Discus and support Sculpt Ergonomic mouse left click not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I purchased the Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic keyboard and mouse last year and I'm happy with it. But the left mouse button is not working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DG931, Dec 3, 2018.

1. DG931 Win User

Sculpt Ergonomic mouse left click not working

Hello, I purchased the Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic keyboard and mouse last year and I'm happy with it. But the left mouse button is not working correctly. Sometimes I have to press hard to get it to click, sometimes I have to press it 3 or 4 times before it clicks. This wasn't a gradual change but something that suddenly started to happen. I have followed the usual fixes suggested else where like update drivers, test other mice, replace the battery. None of these worked.

At this stage I'm trying to find out how to return the item to Microsoft for a replacement as I believe it's still under warranty.

Can you tell me how to go about returning the item please as I can't find the information on the Internet.

Thanks.

:)

DG931, Dec 3, 2018

2. New Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse

My previous Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse has the rubber on the side coming off. Purchased a new mouse, same kind. Now the new mouse works fine but now the Sculpt Ergonomic keyboard is not working. Will the new ergonomic mouse work with my 'old'
    ergonomic keyboard? If so, what do I need to do?

Thanks.

DondreiaJohnson, Dec 3, 2018
  3. Aaron_Sum Win User
    Microsoft Ergonomic Sculpt Mouse - Quick Movements Cause Incorrect Movements

Hi,

Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community.

Please confirm the following things for me.

1. What is the make and model of your system?
    2. Was there any major change on your system prior to which you were able to use the mouse without any issues?
    3. Does the issue with the mouse occur when it is used on a different system?

I would suggest you to update the driver for your mouse under ‘Mice and other pointing devices’. You can follow the steps in this article on ‘Update
    drivers in Windows 10
    ’ and uninstall the mouse driver.

Please visit this link to download and install the driver for your ‘Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse’.
    Kindly restart the system and check if this worked out for you.

Hope it helps.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Dec 3, 2018
  4. Sculpt Ergonomic mouse left click not working

Clean Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse

Hi, I just wanted to know if it is possible to clean the Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse. The scroll wheel and the left button aren't working perfectly anymore, they don't always detect clicks and scrolls, so I'd like to open the mouse to clean the interior but
    I can't find any screws or anything to open it. Is it possible to open it?

JulienGrimard, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

Sculpt Ergonomic mouse left click not working

1. Sculpt Ergonomic mouse left click not working - Similar Threads - Sculpt Ergonomic mouse

2. Sculpt Ergonomic Left Mouse Button Sticking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sculpt Ergonomic Left Mouse Button Sticking: I have the Sculpt Ergonomic mouse and keyboard which I love however my left mouse button has been sticking to the point where you can't press it down. Does anyone know why?...
  3. Sculpt Ergonomic Left Mouse Button Sticking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sculpt Ergonomic Left Mouse Button Sticking: I have the Sculpt Ergonomic mouse and keyboard which I love however my left mouse button has been sticking to the point where you can't press it down. Does anyone know why?...
  4. Sculpt Ergonomic Left Mouse Button Sticking

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Sculpt Mouse left click

Sculpt Mouse left click: Hello,Since some days my mouse left click starts to randomly have issues:- sometimes working normally- sometimes need to click 2 times or more to have it work- sometimes it double click- sometimes it clicks but dont keep it drag and dropOther buttons work perfectly fine.Is...
  6. Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse

Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse: Hi, i seem to be having the same common problem with my Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse that others have had in the past, but couldn't find a response to the issue. The left mouse button doesn't work nearly as well as it used to, i have to click in other areas of the button or shift...
  7. Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse Left Click Button Is Only Working 75% of the Time

Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse Left Click Button Is Only Working 75% of the Time: I have a very similar problem as what Rorsacq d'Ardoix described from this link: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-sculp-ergonomic-desktop-mouse-left-click/ac63a272-986d-4d85-800a-15023b557254 I already tried using my other mouse and do a left...
  8. Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse Double Click Error

Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse Double Click Error: I have two Microsoft Sculpt mice with click issues. The first one was a keyboard mouse bundle (w/ bluetooth dongle), and had an issue with single clicks sometimes not registering, or registering as double clicks. I assumed it was hardware failure; so I bought another one....
  9. Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse

Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse: Hi, I have recently bought a sculpt ergonomic mouse and I really like the shape and feel, I just cant get it to work properly. I have tried a few different mouse pads and even tried the desk but it just doesn't seem to work properly. Is there a certain type of mouse pad i...
  10. Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse double click problem

Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse double click problem: Hi, I have a new problem with my mouse. This sculpt ergonomic set (keyboard and mouse) was with me for several years. Sometimes she (yes I called my mouse as a she :)) clicks double or non at all. But after this she works fine, then again an another clicking problem....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft sculpt mouse not working

2. microsoft ergonomic mouse left button not always registering

3. microsoft sculpt mouse not clicking

4. left click not working microsoft sculpt,
  5. sculpt comfort mouse clicking,
  6. sculpt ergonomic mouse misses clicks,
  7. microsoft sculpt ergonomic mouse repair button,
  8. sculpt ergonomic mouse right click not working,
  9. microsoft sculpture confort desktop mouse with click failure,
  10. microsoft sculpture mouse with click failure,
  11. surface sculpt ergonmic mouse,