Windows 10: Sculpt Keyboard Keys not registering/ working/inoperable (`~ and 5 and 6 keys only)

Discus and support Sculpt Keyboard Keys not registering/ working/inoperable (`~ and 5 and 6 keys only) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Just received a new Microsoft keyboard. Everything works as intended however the ~` and 5 and 6 keys are not working. They do not register a touch -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MSBrokenAgain, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Sculpt Keyboard Keys not registering/ working/inoperable (`~ and 5 and 6 keys only)

Just received a new Microsoft keyboard.

Everything works as intended however the ~` and 5 and 6 keys are not working. They do not register a touch - it doesn't matter how long I hold it down. There is no way to make them register a key press that I can find.

I've tried:

- Checking if any function key or other key is stuck. no.

- Starting in safe mode. no

- Uninstalling/Re-installing drivers and microsoft keyboard/mouse centre. no.

- Using the keyboard on another system (the problem is replicated on another system - even on MacOS as well - same keys).

- Using air canister to spray underneath. no.

I don't understand why these three keys and no other keys would not register.

:)

MSBrokenAgain, Feb 8, 2019

2. Sculpt Comfort Keyboard not registering 1st keystroke

Hello Kit,

An outdated or incompatible driver can be one of the possible factors why this issue occurs. That being said, I suggest you to Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    and check. Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

1. Press Windows key + S on your keyboard.
    2. Type Troubleshoot and hit
      Enter.
    3. Click on Hardware and Devices.
    4. Run the troubleshooter and follow the on-screen prompt.

Also suggest you to go the link below and download the latest drivers for the keyboard and see if it helps to resolve the issue:

Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop

If you have additional questions, or if the issue persists after the troubleshooting steps above, please let me know by replying to this thread. This way, I'll get notified and respond back to you as
    soon as I can.

Michelle Vil, Feb 8, 2019
  3. Keyboard Volume Keys not working while in-game

I happen to have used the Tt Challenger Pro keyboard in the past, and the volume keys worked flawlessly in every game, so it's indeed a weird problem. I would suggest the same thing sneekypeet suggested, using the keyboard software and assign this function to a hotkey, but you said that didn't work either, so yeah...

George_o/c, Feb 8, 2019
  4. Sculpt Keyboard Keys not registering/ working/inoperable (`~ and 5 and 6 keys only)

Sculpt keyboard key issue, deassembly

I have a sculpt keyboard which I quite like. Unfortunately the g key has started not working consistently. I can't be sure, but with other keyboards, taking the cover off and removing debris would resolve the issue. How can I take the keyboard apart, at
    least enough to get underneath the keys? Also, I was searching for a proper forum for this and could not find a Microsoft hardware forum, there must be one, any suggestions?

Bobby Doogle, Feb 8, 2019
Thema:

Sculpt Keyboard Keys not registering/ working/inoperable (`~ and 5 and 6 keys only)

1. Sculpt Keyboard Keys not registering/ working/inoperable (`~ and 5 and 6 keys only) - Similar Threads - Sculpt Keyboard Keys

2. Delete key on Sculpt keyboard will not work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Delete key on Sculpt keyboard will not work: My Delete key suddenly quit working, the key will function but not delete.The keyboard is a Sculpt Comfort received on 12/25/2021Thanks in advanceGary* Moved from Mobile Devices...
  3. Only Number Keys 5 and 6 Working In Row of Number Keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only Number Keys 5 and 6 Working In Row of Number Keys: All of the number keys on my keyboard, other than the numpad, which still works fine for some reason, won't work except numbers 5 and 6. This is also the same with the symbols for each key, only the symbols corresponding to 5 and 6 work. I don't really understand why this...
  4. Only Number Keys 5 and 6 Working In Row of Number Keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Only Number Keys 5 and 6 Working In Row of Number Keys: All of the number keys on my keyboard, other than the numpad, which still works fine for some reason, won't work except numbers 5 and 6. This is also the same with the symbols for each key, only the symbols corresponding to 5 and 6 work. I don't really understand why this...
  5. Only Number Keys 5 and 6 Working In Row of Number Keys

6. Number 6 key not working on keyboard!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Number 6 key not working on keyboard!: Hello there, I am having problems with my keyboard. I just bought this new keyboard from corsair and it should not have any problems but I found that my number 6 key above Y and T is not working at all. No program is able to use this key so I tried trouble shooting with...
  7. In my windows 10 , only number keys( except 5 and 6 )are not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    In my windows 10 , only number keys( except 5 and 6 )are not working: In my windows 10 , only number keys( except 5 and 6 )are not working. Done all circus mentioned below available in blogs , KBS. Nothing worked. To precise all keys in the key board except 5 and 6 are working. 1,2,3,4,7,9,0 are not working > Un install keyboard driver and...
  8. number keys not working except 5 and 6

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    number keys not working except 5 and 6: In my windows 10 , only number keys( except 5 and 6 )are not working. Done all circus mentioned below available in blogs , KBS. Nothing worked. To precise all keys in the key board except 5 and 6 are working. 1,2,3,4,7,9,0 are not working > Un install keyboard driver and...
  9. In my windows 10 , only number keys( except 5 and 6 )are not working

In my windows 10 , only number keys( except 5 and 6 )are not working: In my windows 10 , only number keys( except 5 and 6 )are not working. Done all circus mentioned below available in blogs , KBS. Nothing worked. To precise all keys in the key board except 5 and 6 are working. 1,2,3,4,7,9,0 are not working > Un install keyboard driver and...
  10. Sculpt keyboard function keys

Sculpt keyboard function keys: Just got a sculpt keyboard and trying to get use to it, the first thing I wanted to do was mute the sound (blue function on F10) and I couldn't figure out what combination of keys got to that function. Couldn't find anything on the web that addressed this. Is there another...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. only 5 and 6 keys work windows 10

2. microsoft sculpt some keys are not working

3. sculpt keyboard 5 and 6

4. only 5 and 6 keys work,
  5. one section of keys not working microsoft sculpt