Windows 10: Sculpt USB mouse and keyboard do not work, USB receiver not detected in Device Manager

Discus and support Sculpt USB mouse and keyboard do not work, USB receiver not detected in Device Manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I own a Microsoft Sculpt Comfort wireless keyboard and mouse. It has worked fine up until now, but for some reason the USB receiver does not seem to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Andrew Irwin, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Sculpt USB mouse and keyboard do not work, USB receiver not detected in Device Manager

I own a Microsoft Sculpt Comfort wireless keyboard and mouse. It has worked fine up until now, but for some reason the USB receiver does not seem to be detected anymore. The computer doesn't respond to input from the mouse or keyboard, and the receiver doesn't even appear in the Device Manager list.

I've already tried:

- Changing which hub the USB is plugged into

- Running the hardware troubleshooter (the troubleshooter could not find any issues)

- Restarting my computer

- Running DISM and sfc /scannow

I cannot try:

- Plugging the USB into another computer, as I do not have access to one

- Updating drivers, since the USB device doesn't even appear in Device Manager

Is there any hope of recovering the receiver, or is it most likely just broken? And if it is, is it possible to order a new receiver instead of an entirely new mouse and keyboard?

:)

Andrew Irwin, Jan 4, 2019

2. Sculpt mouse without USB dongle won't work with Keyboard Mouse USB combo

So I own the sculpt comfort desktop combo (link below). It came with a keyboard, sculpt mouse and USB receiver.

https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/en-ca/products/keyboards/sculpt-comfort-desktop/l3v-00002

The right click on the mouse stopped working so I ordered a new Sculpt Mouse (link below) however this one I'm having trouble connecting to the transeiver from my previous keyboard/mouse combo. Anyone know how to fix?

https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/en-ca/products/mice/sculpt-comfort-mouse/h3s-00004

SonuBhuthal, Jan 4, 2019
  3. T_96 Win User
    Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard and Mouse Connect to Different USB Adapter

Hi Monica,

The setup is:

System A: Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard and Mouse + 1 wireless USB adapter

- Both the keyboard and mouse work with the wireless USB adapter that came with them.

System B: Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse + 1 wireless USB adapter

- The mouse works with the wireless USB adapter that came with it.

What I would like to do is connect the keyboard from System A to the wireless USB adapter in System B. To answer your question - no, the wireless USB adapter from System B is currently unable to detect the Keyboard from System A.

Thanks

T_96, Jan 4, 2019
  4. Weemala08 Win User

Sculpt USB mouse and keyboard do not work, USB receiver not detected in Device Manager

Microsoft sculpt ergonomic mouse usb receiver replacement

I've had the cool microsoft sculpt ergonomic mouse now for about 6 weeks. I love it. It has quite a different USB receiver about 1cm longer than a normal mouse USB.

Anyway, the USB receiver for my microsoft sculpt ergonomic mouse bent at 90 degrees, and has broken in two. This was broken in simple carriage to/from work in a laptop back. I've never had this issue with any other mouse, but this Microsoft USB does stick
    out much further.

I cant seem to find how i go about getting a replacement usb receiver for this product. Everything online appears to be bagging this product, and no real solutions I could find. I'd welcome very much any ideas, feedback or suggestions?

I wonder whether a smaller more traditional USB receiver would work to avoid this happening again?

I welcome any help or advice please.

Regards, Gavin

Weemala08, Jan 4, 2019
Thema:

Sculpt USB mouse and keyboard do not work, USB receiver not detected in Device Manager

1. Sculpt USB mouse and keyboard do not work, USB receiver not detected in Device Manager - Similar Threads - Sculpt USB mouse

2. Can I get a USB receiver replacement for Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard and Mouse?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I get a USB receiver replacement for Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard and Mouse?: I've lost the USB receiver, it seems silly to purchase a new set when the only thing that needs to be replaced is the USB receiver. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-get-a-usb-receiver-replacement-for-microsoft/248fdcf3-2627-4999-8938-5b68bf88bd7e
  3. Can I get a USB receiver replacement for Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard and Mouse?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I get a USB receiver replacement for Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard and Mouse?: I've lost the USB receiver, it seems silly to purchase a new set when the only thing that needs to be replaced is the USB receiver. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-get-a-usb-receiver-replacement-for-microsoft/248fdcf3-2627-4999-8938-5b68bf88bd7e
  4. Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard And Mouse - broken USB transmitter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard And Mouse - broken USB transmitter: Hi,I just broke in half my USB transmitter for Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard And Mouse.Can I buy a replacement? Is a Right to Repair functioning in Microsoft for this product?Best reagardsWiktor Świątkowski...
  5. USB Sculpt comfort mouse not working well

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Sculpt comfort mouse not working well: I have a Microsoft USB Sculpt comfort keyboard and mouse being used with windows 10. The keyboard is working fine but the mouse seems to go to sleep very quickly and takes too long to wake up. Most of the time I have to click a button to re-activate it. Sometimes the scroll...
  6. Replacing Sculpt Mouse with a new Sculpt Mouse, but unsure about USB receiver

Replacing Sculpt Mouse with a new Sculpt Mouse, but unsure about USB receiver: I have a Microsoft Sculpt Desktop keyboard and mouse and recently I have been experiencing some issues with the mouse. The problem is that the left mouse button works erratically. The issue happens in all applications and it is not caused by low batteries or drivers. The...
  7. Sculpt Comfort Keyboard + Mouse w/ USB Transceiver - Mouse no longer works.

Sculpt Comfort Keyboard + Mouse w/ USB Transceiver - Mouse no longer works.: Windows 10 Version 1903 OS Build 18362.900 64-bit No internal Bluetooth. Devices: Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Keyboard Model 1531 Came with Sculpt Mouse and USB Transceiver dongle thing. Hi... Several months ago, my Sculpt Mouse stopped working. Keyboard works fine....
  8. USB Mouse is not detected on device manager

USB Mouse is not detected on device manager: So I just repaired my Laptoo by resetting I am now starting grom the start but when I'm going to use my mouse it won't work. I thought os was because of the mouse itself is broken but no, it wasn't. I've tried some methods but when I'm going to check in the device manager it...
  9. Sculpt mouse without USB dongle won't work with Keyboard Mouse USB combo

Sculpt mouse without USB dongle won't work with Keyboard Mouse USB combo: So I own the sculpt comfort desktop combo (link below). It came with a keyboard, sculpt mouse and USB receiver. https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/en-ca/products/keyboards/sculpt-comfort-desktop/l3v-00002 The right click on the mouse stopped working so I ordered a new...
  10. Mouse detected as USB Input Device

Mouse detected as USB Input Device: My wired optical mouse is detected first as unknown device and later gets detected as USB Input Device; I have a TOSHIBA Sattelite S40Dt-A with an upgraded Windows from 8 to 10. Any help?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sculpt usb dongle not detecting keyboard mouse

2. sculpt receiver reset