Windows 10: sculptor mouse tends to "go back" for no reason after a short period of inactivity

Discus and support sculptor mouse tends to "go back" for no reason after a short period of inactivity in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently upgrade the old MS bluetooth keyboard and mouse to the newer version SCULTOR keyboard and mouse. Since installation, if the mouse is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by rodharris4, Nov 12, 2020.

1. sculptor mouse tends to "go back" for no reason after a short period of inactivity

I recently upgrade the old MS bluetooth keyboard and mouse to the newer version SCULTOR keyboard and mouse.

Since installation, if the mouse is untouched and inactive for a short amount of time while I am typing, it tends to JUMP back to the previous page

you can imagine how painful this is when you are creating an expense entry in CONCUR and arbitrarily the mouse send you back erasing the entry and you have to do it again; or, when searching for flights and placing a reservation and almost ready to buy when you are sent back to the beginning.....it's extremely annoying

I think it is a defective mouse

I do not see any place to change parameters where this JUMP back condition can be "disable"

I tried the troubleshooting tools and like many report with other issues, it says everything is working correctly

Thanks

:)

rodharris4, Nov 12, 2020

2. System Freeze after a random period of inactivity (supposedly)

Hi all,

I didn't know where to put this thread, but because it has to do with system performance, I thought this might be the best place to post my issues with Win 10. Let me get straight to the point:
    • Up-to-date Windows 10 install (ver 1511 OS Build 10586.36)
    • I haven't tested it but it seems like when the computer becomes inactive after a period of time, the whole system freezes - the mouse isn't moving, the desktop remains static on the last windows that were there, the time remains static (it doesn't change), CTRL+ALT+DELETE doesn't work. Only solution seems to be to a hard reboot.
    • In all other aspects the computer works fine: no virus (as determined by up-to-date version of Free Avast AV), SSD runs super fast, computer reboots, shuts down and goes to sleep perfectly. It's just when I am working on the computer and get sidetracked and when the computer becomes inactive, the computer freezes.
    System Specs (other relevant aspects of my system can be viewed on my system specs page):
    • Custom Built: E6700 non-OC
    • 4 GB DDR2 RAM
    • GTX 970 (up to date driver: 361.43)
    Any thoughts? Is there some sort of log that I can call up to show what is causing this stall/freeze/hang-up?

Thanks again!

rogerwilco91, Nov 12, 2020
  3. 56Kruiser Win User
    PC Freezing for short periods -> DistributedCOM Error?

Just now getting to your last post.

Interestingly, main reason, I had booted my computer into the onboard diagnostics, and ran the memory test there. I let it run 10 times. Took all evening up to bedtime. It was successful with zero errors.

I'm running a Beta Log Collector. During the run, it had the comment "Failed to download autorunsc, skipping...". The resulting file is attached.

I just turned off "Disable automatic deletion of memory dumps when disk space is low". I don't know if that will allow the dmp files to be created or not. My C: drive has 380GB of space, so I wouldn't think they should be deleted.

sculptor mouse tends to "go back" for no reason after a short period of inactivity [​IMG]

Browsing around in the control panel, I found this:

sculptor mouse tends to "go back" for no reason after a short period of inactivity [​IMG]

That suggests to me I'm not getting restore points. However I find this on restore points:

Wondering if I should make any changes to the settings.

I will run the memory test you suggested today.

56Kruiser, Nov 12, 2020
  4. Feathers Win User

sculptor mouse tends to "go back" for no reason after a short period of inactivity

Change log off period

Hi all, I've tried to look through the list of all the tutorials and I've used Google too, to find out how to extend the inactivity period before I get logged out. But all the suggestions talk about screen icons that I don't seem to have.
    My computer is six weeks old and I'm using Windows 10. Can someone please advise? Thank You.

Feathers, Nov 12, 2020
Thema:

sculptor mouse tends to "go back" for no reason after a short period of inactivity

1. sculptor mouse tends to "go back" for no reason after a short period of inactivity - Similar Threads - sculptor mouse tends

2. Keyboard keys not working after a period of inactivity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard keys not working after a period of inactivity: Good morning, my keyboard has been working properly ever since i bought it, but in the last few days it seems to have a problem.The keys: W, A, S, D, Q, E, *spacebar*, don't work after I don't press them for a while, and start working after just a few seconds, depending on...
  3. Keyboard keys not working after a period of inactivity

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard keys not working after a period of inactivity: Good morning, my keyboard has been working properly ever since i bought it, but in the last few days it seems to have a problem.The keys: W, A, S, D, Q, E, *spacebar*, don't work after I don't press them for a while, and start working after just a few seconds, depending on...
  4. No password prompt after period of inactivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No password prompt after period of inactivity: My computer doesn't automatically lock.I have tried all possible settings and it does not lock after a period of inactivity unless I restart my computer.If I leave my laptop unused for a day and then turn it on, it automatically displays content exactly how i left it. This...
  5. No password prompt after period of inactivity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No password prompt after period of inactivity: My computer doesn't automatically lock.I have tried all possible settings and it does not lock after a period of inactivity unless I restart my computer.If I leave my laptop unused for a day and then turn it on, it automatically displays content exactly how i left it. This...
  6. Windows Freezing After Short Inactivity

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Freezing After Short Inactivity: So im having this problem over a week now and I just cant find a solution for it.The problem is that if im not using my pc for more than 15-20 min, it suddenly freezes and the only way to fix it is by hard resetting the pc using the power button. At first I thought it was a...
  7. lock screen slide show inactive after a period of inactivity

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    lock screen slide show inactive after a period of inactivity: Hello everyone! The one problem I have is that I set the slideshow to the lock screen and let it show if I don't use the computer for 5 minutes. Normally, after 5 minutes, the lock screen will appear and the slideshow starts but my computer turns off the screen. Only when I...
  8. Windows 10 automatic lock after short period of inactivity

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 automatic lock after short period of inactivity: Hi, About a month ago my laptop hp pavilion started to log itself off after a minute or so of inactivity. I have had this laptop for two years and this problem had never occurred. All the screen time out settings are on never and the power plan is set all to never too....
  9. After a period of inactivity, program goes black?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After a period of inactivity, program goes black?: Hi, After I turn on my laptop from sleep when I've been gone for a period of time, one of the open windows ends up going black. Generally this happens with Chrome, but sometimes it happens with Discord and other programs. Could someone point me to help? Thanks submitted by...
  10. Computer go to sleep after a short span of inactivity

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer go to sleep after a short span of inactivity: I've tried the option of "Never" under the Change plan settings, but it doesn't work. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-go-to-sleep-after-a-short-span-of/3f84cb46-2330-4a35-a52e-9cbe46299955