Windows 10: SD Card and File Explorer

Discus and support SD Card and File Explorer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am having a strange problem on my new Win10 laptop. I have a built-in SD slot in my laptop in which I keep a 2G card to store just one file - my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tony Vella, Jun 28, 2017.

1. SD Card and File Explorer

I am having a strange problem on my new Win10 laptop. I have a built-in SD slot in my laptop in which I keep a 2G card to store just one file - my complete collection of UserIDs and Passwords; I leave the card in all the time and copy and paste whenever needed.

The reason I use this card is in the happenstance something went wrong with my machine and I need to take it in for repairs, I just have to remove that SD card and the only important information on my machine is not available to the technician. Anything else on my laptop is replaceable (daily backup) and common place.

Once in a while, at least once a day, File Explorer opens on that card folder without my doing anything - sometimes I am not even sitting at my desk. I wonder if anyone out there has ever faced this situation and could perhaps explain the behaviour to me. Better still, tell me how to stop it happening. No grave injury but annoying.

Thanks in advance for all assistance, opinions, guesses, gossip, whatever!

:)

Tony Vella, Jun 28, 2017

2. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Jun 28, 2017
  3. Can't move apps to SD

Hi,

We need to gather more information for us to provide the best solution to your moving apps to SD card concern. Kindly answer the following questions:

• Is the SD card showing in the File Explorer and can you access it?
    • Can you also transfer files from your PC to SD card in File Explorer?
    • Can you also check if SD card is on read-only?

Regards.

Robelene Win, Jun 28, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

SD Card and File Explorer

Brink, Jun 28, 2017
  5. Hydrate Win User
    If I had to take an educated guess, I would say the SD card slot is loose and reconnects itself due to a hardware problem.

The other suggestion is to say your SD card slot reader requires a driver update which can be done through device manager.

Check the properties to ensure it is running healthily. Report back this result.

SD Card and File Explorer [​IMG]

Or we can Update the device driver.

Select the update option and see if any are available.

Additionally, check Windows 10 for updates and install any remaining.

Let us know what's going on.

Hydrate, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

SD Card and File Explorer

1. SD Card and File Explorer - Similar Threads - Card File Explorer

2. Losing file on SD card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Losing file on SD card: Hello,I used my SD card on my PC, shut it down and place it on my camera.After finishing the recording, I place my SD card to my PC, boot it up and when I try to look at the files, it's gone.There is still the new folders for the photos and videos but there is nothing...
  3. Losing file on SD card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Losing file on SD card: Hello,I used my SD card on my PC, shut it down and place it on my camera.After finishing the recording, I place my SD card to my PC, boot it up and when I try to look at the files, it's gone.There is still the new folders for the photos and videos but there is nothing...
  4. Videos NOT showing on file explorer from SD card

Videos NOT showing on file explorer from SD card: So videos from my SD card will not show up on file explorer. This does not work for either of my SD cards, so it's not an issue on that end. I have "hidden items" checked as you can see in the screenshot below. Can anyone suggest any other options that may need to be toggled?...
  5. In File Explorer, why are there no thumbnails of SD cards images?

In File Explorer, why are there no thumbnails of SD cards images?: In Folder Options > View I have unchecked Always show icons, never thumbnails. In the other folders in the File Explorer icons are shown. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-file-explorer-why-are-there-no-thumbnails-of-sd/8875ccbc-28d5-4c2b-be14-90bfc7b1067b
  6. Cannot view mp4 files from SD card in file explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot view mp4 files from SD card in file explorer: I'm trying to move mp4 files from an SD card I use in my camera to my computer but when I view the SD card in file explorer I can see ARW and JPG files but not the mp4 files. My SD card file system is FAT32. My file explorer view is set to show hidden files. I tried copying...
  7. Photos from SD card not importing properly into File Explorer

Photos from SD card not importing properly into File Explorer: When I try to import photos from an SD card, the photos on the card are not showing up in File Explorer. I am seeing old pictures that have already been imported into the photos app. I would prefer to use File Explorer and not the Photos app, any suggestions?...
  8. sd card files

sd card files: Hi I am trying to play files from my Dashcam SD Card I get message saying windows media cant play files as it doesn't know which codec was used to compress the files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-files/7234fbb0-99d2-46fc-8a7d-767106d4691d"
  9. sd card reader not showing on explorer

sd card reader not showing on explorer: sd card reader not showing on explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-reader-not-showing-on-explorer/75cdc18e-6091-460f-9380-db31bce46b8f
  10. Files are corrupted on SD card

Files are corrupted on SD card: I use 512 SD card inserted in my Surface Go as an extra storage place. But I’ve recently found out that most of my files are corrupted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-are-corrupted-on-sd-card/3f6ddc9c-be6d-4568-941b-e45837817246