Windows 10: SD Card bugged after formating

Discus and support SD Card bugged after formating in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello I just formated my SD Card in file explorer and now instead of showing the capacity when going to "This PC" it says exFAT and everytime i try... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PeterGriffin7, Mar 6, 2019.

1. SD Card bugged after formating

Hello

I just formated my SD Card in file explorer and now instead of showing the capacity when going to "This PC" it says exFAT and everytime i try to copy any file to it it tells me that the required file is no longer located in whatever directory i took it from. Even though it clearly is and copying to any other folders works just fine.

In Properties it also shows both Used and Free Space as 0 bytes. I'm using an USB Card reader if that might help.

:)

PeterGriffin7, Mar 6, 2019

2. Unable to format sd card

Hi,

There are many possible reasons why this issue is happening. To help resolve your concern, we'd like to ask the following questions below:

• Are you using an SD card reader? If yes, have you tried using another card reader?
    • Have you tried formatting the SD card using another computer?
    In the meantime, we suggest running a hardware diagnostics while your SD card is connected to the computer and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Type Troubleshooting in the search box, then select
      Troubleshooting
      from the search result.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Hardware and Devices to run a hardware diagnostics.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Martin Bar, Mar 6, 2019
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    formatting sd card f drive

Hi Richard,

You can format your SD card in File Explorer. To do this, follow these steps:

• Insert your SD card.
    • Open File Explorer.
    • On the left pane, right-click your SD card and choose Format.
    • If you want to change the File system of your SD card, click the drop-down menu below it and choose one of the options there.
    • Click Start, and then click OK on the prompt.
    • After formatting your SD card, click OK again on the prompt.

If you have additional queries, kindly reply to this thread.

Argel Obm, Mar 6, 2019
  4. SD Card bugged after formating

SD card won't format

Hello Suvaan,

We would like to know why you are unable to make any activity on your SD card. To further look into this, can you tell us the error message that you are getting when trying to format, copy or delete files on the SD card? Have you tried any troubleshooting
    steps? Which device are you using to format the SD card?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try inserting the SD card to a different device and see if you will encounter the same error. You can also try to remove the SD card, restart the device and then insert the SD card again to see if it will make a difference.

Regards.

Michael Rey, Mar 6, 2019
Thema:

SD Card bugged after formating

1. SD Card bugged after formating - Similar Threads - Card bugged formating

2. Formating a micro SD card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Formating a micro SD card: Hi, Does anybody know how to format a micro SD card? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/formating-a-micro-sd-card/103f6f3f-4234-4391-918e-46dff548d7a2
  3. Error formating sd card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error formating sd card: Hello! So I have a corrupted 32gb sdhc card and I want to format it so I can use it again. But I can't format it. It says error completing format. The main error with command prompt and disk partition management is when I plug the card right in, the program stops responding...
  4. Formatting SD Card

Formatting SD Card: Hello, I have an SD Card of 64 GB storage space which my friend and I used as an external storage device. It has somehow become write protected. I cannot delete it's files. I've checked it's physical lock. How can I convert it to a normal SD Card or Format it completely...
  5. Formating a SD card

Formating a SD card: Hello, I am not a computer wizard.....can do some things but I cannot find out how to format a SD card - I have the adapter, with the SD card in, put into computer and laptop and nothing happens. Do I have to set up something - not sure what they are - the computer has only...
  6. Unsupported SD Card format

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unsupported SD Card format: Hi there!! I connected an SD Card and Windows tells me to format it if I want to use it. I need the data inside it, how can I do to transfer it's data anywhere else or to use it safely without formatting?? Thanks, hoping this has solution!!!! submitted by /u/Lukss_203...
  7. Format SD Card

Format SD Card: I cannot format an SD Card https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/format-sd-card/8177d725-b12d-4d1c-a799-efcb3df3c53f
  8. Formatting a SD card with FAT32

Formatting a SD card with FAT32: I have a camera that requires a micro SD card with a USH-1 rating and U3 video level. The card I have is 128GB. The camera requires the card to be formatted with FAT32. When trying to format the card in Windows 10pro, the formatting options presented are NTFS and exFAT. I...
  9. Unable to Format SD Card

Unable to Format SD Card: Hello everyone, After scrounging the internet for the past two days and trying what I feel is almost everything I wanted to come here to ask for help. My micro SD card was acting up in my cell phone, so I decided to put it into my computer with its adapter, backup all my...
  10. SD card format problem

SD card format problem: I have a problem with formating my phones sd card. I've tried literaly everything (from formating it regularly or using cmd, to using third party apps), but it doesn't wan't to format. I really don't know what to do at this point hence the reason why I'm asking this question....