Windows 10: SD card cannot be read by windows?

Discus and support SD card cannot be read by windows? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am trying to see files on ad sd card. When i put the card into the reader and the reader into the computer windows dosent see a drive.The onlt way to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Alex1324574569874, Dec 3, 2019.

1. SD card cannot be read by windows?

I am trying to see files on ad sd card. When i put the card into the reader and the reader into the computer windows dosent see a drive.The onlt way to see it is to use a smartphone. Please help me.

:)

Alex1324574569874, Dec 3, 2019

2. Cant read the SD card

Hello,

Oftentimes, a corrupted device can result to issues in reading your SD card. For us to isolate the case further and determine the appropriate resolution, provide answers to the following questions:

• Have you checked if other external devices/accessories are properly detected on your device?
    • Can you confirm if the SD card is being detected on another device aside from the one that you're using?
    • What procedures have you taken so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Press Windows key + W and type Troubleshooting.
    • Choose Troubleshooting.
    • Click on View All option on the left pane.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices and follow the prompt to run the troubleshooter.

This tool checks the hardware connected to your computer for common issues and gives details on how to rectify them. If there are any suggestions given by the troubleshooter, you may try those and check if it helps.

We will wait for your response so we can help you further with this issue.

Dhavelyn Mer, Dec 3, 2019
  3. Joe Men Win User
    Phone is not reading the SD card.

Hello,
    Jeevan

Thank you for posting your query to Microsoft Community. We understand that you Lumia 640 XL LTE is having issues reading your SD memory card.

There is a possibility that the SD memory card corrupted. Please try to perform a Scan Disk maintenance on it by following the steps below:

• Turn off your phone and remove the SD card. Use a SD card reader and plug it in to your computer.
    • Open Computer by clicking the Start button, and then clicking Computer.
    • Right-click the SD card drive that you want to check, and then click "Properties".
    • Click the "Tools" tab, and then, under Error-checking, click Check Now.
    • Put a check mark on the "Automatically fix the file system errors" and "Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors".
    • Click Start.
      • Wait for the Scan Disk process to complete, then mount your SD memory card back to your phone.
    Hope this helps.

Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Joe Men, Dec 3, 2019
  4. Sandy JUL Win User

SD card cannot be read by windows?

Windows 10 not reading SD card

Windows 10 will not read my SD cards. I have tried updating the drivers and other suggestions to no avail. I also have a small SD card that needs an adapter and plugs into a usb port. It doesn't read this either.

Sandy JUL, Dec 3, 2019
Thema:

SD card cannot be read by windows?

1. SD card cannot be read by windows? - Similar Threads - card cannot read

2. windows 10 doesnt read my sd card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 doesnt read my sd card: hello. I just recently upgraded my laptop to windows 10 and everything is been working fine, but I just find out windows 10 doesn't read the sd card install on my computer. is there a solution for that? I looks like I need a sd card driver. do you have one?...
  3. Windows 10 won't read my SD card

Windows 10 won't read my SD card: I haven't tried to connect a SD card on any PC before and this is my first time doing it, I tried to connect a Lexar Multi-use 4 GB SDHC card that was in my Nintendo 3DS XL to my HP Laptop and nothing showed up, Windows didn't read it nor recognize it. I've tried methods...
  4. SD card not being read by computer

SD card not being read by computer: I put in my SD card correctly, but it never appears. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-not-being-read-by-computer/cafebd8e-3d22-4791-b0c7-d37a7c0173ff
  5. Trouble reading micro sd card.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trouble reading micro sd card.: Hello there. I've been having an issue with micro sd cards lately. I own a 1 and half year old Acer Switch hybrid notebook and have used a 64gb class 10 card with it from day 1. After about an year, windows explorer began to freeze when trying to read from the card, and would...
  6. Will not read SD.

Will not read SD.: I have a HP Pavilion m7 with windows 10 on it. I tried to insert my SD card but nothing happened. It did not make a sound and when I checked the My PC section in File Explorer it did not show anything....
  7. SD card not being completely read.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SD card not being completely read.: SD card problem hello I just got a new HP laptop. I have alot of my school papers on a sd card that came from my old HP laptop. When I put it in the new one not all the files were listed I thought the files had been lost but I still come put them up on the old laptop. I have...
  8. my sd card readed not working

my sd card readed not working: After upgrading to Windows 10 my SD Card not recognized, my PC does not detect the card https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-sd-card-readed-not-working/d9c367b7-7411-4a7e-bb70-8716a275fbc7
  9. Surface Studio not read any SD Card

Surface Studio not read any SD Card: This issue started 2 days ago No matter what SD Card I put in, the Surface Studio does not see it. I tried the Trouble Shooting but nothing came up and also try updating Please assist....
  10. why will windows 10 not read my sd card

in Windows 10 Customization
    why will windows 10 not read my sd card: I have been trying to take off my pictures from a micro sd card using an sd card reader and a usb micro sd card reader, in multiple computers usb and sd card readers and micro sd cards. the micro sd card shows in my phone and my kindle, but will not show up in this computer....