Windows 10: SD card cannot start. Error Code 10.

Discus and support SD card cannot start. Error Code 10. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I had bought a mini PC for my mom with Windows 10 Home installed on it. It had a SD card reader. I used a 128GB MicroSD card, which worked fine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DimitarVassilev, Sep 13, 2018.

1. SD card cannot start. Error Code 10.

I had bought a mini PC for my mom with Windows 10 Home installed on it. It had a SD card reader. I used a 128GB MicroSD card, which worked fine initially.

Then comes Microsoft with their "Update first, ask questions later" policy. After a version update I see that the drive is no longer there. Checking the Device Manager revealed the device with a status of "Cannot start. Error Code 10". The problem is that by the time I uncovered the issue, it was over 30 days since the update and I couldn't roll back.

The card itself works fine. When I used it on my Android smart phone and on another Windows 7 laptop, it functioned without problems. Some extensive Google-ing and forum reading led me to believe this is driver related. One forum suggested using the Win8.1 drivers. The current driver is 10.0.17134.1. I downgraded to 6.3.9600.16408. The card was then recognized and all the files were there. But the problem was that I could only read from it, not write.

That's as far as I got so far. Hoping for some valuable suggestions. Thank you for reading.

:)

DimitarVassilev, Sep 13, 2018

2. SD CARD ERROR

Hi,

Since you already performed a hard reset and the issue was only resolved for a short period of time. We suggest that you format your SD card using the steps below:

• Connect your memory card to a PC with a USB reader that has a microSD card slot. If your card reader or PC has a regular SD card slot, you can use a microSD card adapter.
    • Use the File Explorer and browse to the removable storage on your computer, right-click the memory card and select Format.
    • For 4-32 GB cards, select the file system FAT32 and allocation unit size 32 kilobytes and press Start. For 64-200 GB cards, select the file system exFAT and allocation unit size 128kB.
    • Press OK to confirm the data loss warning message. When the formatting process is complete, press OK.
    • Restore only the data that is compatible with your phone (JPEG or MP4 in the photos folder or MP3 in the music folder).
    • Right-click the memory card, select Eject, and wait until it is safe to remove the card.
    • Insert the memory card into the memory card slot in the phone until it locks into place.
    After formatting a SD card, try to check if the issue persists.

If formatting your SD card didn't resolved the issue, we suggest that you use another SD card to check if the issue still persists.

Let us know the results.

Regards.

Justin Sor, Sep 13, 2018
  3. Paola Gar Win User
    sd card error

Hi,

This issue that you're experiencing when inserting an SD card into your computer's card reader can sometimes occur if your SD card is corrupted. For us to isolate this issue, please provide the following information:

• Is this the first time that you've experienced this issue? Were there any programs or Windows update that was installed on your device prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried inserting a different SD card into your device to check if the same issue will persist?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • If possible, send us a screenshot showing the complete error message that you're getting.

Looking forward to your response.

Paola Gar, Sep 13, 2018
  4. SD card cannot start. Error Code 10.

SD CARD

All appps are installed in phone memory. There is no way around this. You can install a game FROM the SD card but it is then installed in the device's main memory.

STEP 1: Copy all the .xap files which you want to install in your Windows 8 phone to your SD card.

STEP 2: Now go to Start -> Store -> SD card and wait for few minutes for all the .xap files to be loaded.

STEP 3: Select the app which you want to install -> Select Install option.

STEP 4: If your apps are compatible then you can see them in the Compatible apps list if not it will be shown in the Incompatible apps list.

STEP 5: Once you have successfully installed the apps, you can see those apps listed in the Apps list from start.

How to install .xap files in Windows 8 Phone?

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Sep 13, 2018
Thema:

SD card cannot start. Error Code 10.

1. SD card cannot start. Error Code 10. - Similar Threads - card cannot start

2. SD Card reading error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SD Card reading error: I've been using Windows 11 now for a few weeks on my new PC. Lately I've been using my DSLR camera to take photos for a college course and I've noticed almost every time I plug the SD card into my PC explorer crashes. Explorer becomes unresponsive, I'm unable to end task or...
  3. SD Card Error Message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SD Card Error Message: How to fix This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Apps Settings page....
  4. SD Card Error Message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SD Card Error Message: How to fix This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Apps Settings page....
  5. Error formating sd card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error formating sd card: Hello! So I have a corrupted 32gb sdhc card and I want to format it so I can use it again. But I can't format it. It says error completing format. The main error with command prompt and disk partition management is when I plug the card right in, the program stops responding...
  6. booting error on SD card

booting error on SD card: I have a Mira writer for court reporting. I have formatted older SD cards that I have used previously and they do say they are formatted, but when I insert them into my Mira writer they give me a message saying "Error in booting SD card." How can I fix this issue?...
  7. Smartab STW1050 SD card code 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Smartab STW1050 SD card code 10: I don't exactly know what I'm missing here but It's there but it's not THERE.... Devices and device manager see the 1tb SD card. It's not showing up in explorer Device properties show it's a code (10) Device Not Migrated I've ran SFC /SCANNOW Took it back out put it back in,...
  8. Driver SD Card doesn't work, code 10 error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver SD Card doesn't work, code 10 error: Dear, When I insert my SD card in my laptop, it doesn't pup up in my hardwares (it does in another devices). I can't fixed the problem, tried already software updates and fixing problem functionality in Windows. See attachment. Hope you guys have a solution for it. Kind...
  9. Driver SD Card doesn't work, code 10 error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Driver SD Card doesn't work, code 10 error: Dear, When I insert my SD card in my laptop, it doesn't pup up in my hardwares (it does in another devices). I can't fixed the problem, tried already software updates and fixing problem functionality in Windows. See attachment. Hope you guys have a solution for it. Kind...
  10. SD Storage Class Controller, This device cannot start. (Code 10)

SD Storage Class Controller, This device cannot start. (Code 10): I am running Windows 10 Home 1709, OS Build 16299.371 I installed this SD card, https://www.sandisk.in/home/memory-cards/microsd-cards/extreme-microsd-a2 [ATTACH] However I get an error as per the below: SD Storage Class Controller This device cannot start. (Code 10)...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 6.3.9600.16408 win8.1

2. windows 10 sd card driver 6.3.9600.16408

3. SD card cannot start. Error Code 10.