Windows 10: SD Card disk not shown in Task Manager Performance view

Discus and support SD Card disk not shown in Task Manager Performance view in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, The Performance graphical view of the task manager doesn't show the disk volume associated with my SD Card, which is drive 'D:'. The problem is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AlterMind, May 21, 2021.

1. AlterMind Win User

SD Card disk not shown in Task Manager Performance view

Hi all, The Performance graphical view of the task manager doesn't show the disk volume associated with my SD Card, which is drive 'D:'. The problem is the same when I'm actively using the SD Card and copying files. This disk volume is however functioning correctly (read/write files), and is displayed as should in the Windows File Explorer, in the Device Manager as a SD Card reader and as a mounted disk volume, and in the Resource Monitor, as shown in screenshots below. Any idea on how I can it also usefully appear in the Performance view of the Task Manager ? Thanks for your advice ! PS: the SD Card is embedded in an HP EliteBook 850 G4 laptop, runnning Windows 10 version 1909 (build 18363).

:)

AlterMind, May 21, 2021

2. SD card failure

Hi Andrew,

I would need to ask few questions so I can isolate your concern properly. Kindly answer the following:

• Did you get a specific error message?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • What's the current build of your computer? Press Windows key + R and then type winver.
    • Did you try to run a full system scan using your anti-virus? Can you tell us the result?
    • Does your SD card has a write protection?

Meanwhile, you may try these troubleshooting steps:

Step 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. Open Settings> Update & Security> Troubleshoot> Hardware and Devices> Run the troubleshooter.

Step 2: Check SD Card in Disk Management.

1. Open Disk Management.
    2. Your SD card will appear as a removable disk.
    3. Check if it has a drive letter.
    4. If it does not show anything, right click the SD card and then select “Change Drive Letter and Paths”.
    5. Click “Add” and select a drive letter, then click “OK”.

Step 3: Update SD card driver.

1. Open Device manager.
    2. Find your SD card and right click it.
    3. Select Properties.
    4. Click the driver tab and then select Update Driver.

Note: You may need to use a keyboard and mouse to connect to your laptop to perform the said steps if it does not allow on tablet mode.

Raymond Ave, May 21, 2021
  3. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue SD Card disk not shown in Task Manager Performance view :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, May 21, 2021
  4. Tryx3 Win User

Windows 10 recognizes my SD Card as a local drive

Jon,

I think you are saying that -

1 Disk management does not identify that SD card as removable, and

2 Device manager lists that SD card in its Disk drives entry but not in its
    Portable devices entry, and

3 Device manager, Disk drives, {SD card}, Properties, Volumes, Populate identifies that SD card Type as Basic [not as Removable].

I am rather astonished. I thought that this was going to turn into a Refresh issue. I have never heard of anything like your problem before.

I have a few suggestions for action followed by some advice about posting a new question on the topic in both this forum & TenForums [www.tenforums.com - auto-formatting is not working at the moment].

Suggestion 1 -

1.1 Go to Device manager and note the SD card
    reader Properties, Driver entry [my SD card reader is within the USB Controllers group but that does not mean yours is].

1.2 Go to the computer maker / SD card reader maker and get their latest Windows 10 driver for the SD card reader and install it.

1.3 Go to Device manager and note the new SD card reader Properties, Driver entry

Suggestion 2 - If you cannot do that then

2.1 Remove the SD card

2.2 If a zombie entry for the SD card remains in Device manager, Disk drives then delete it.

2.3 Go to Device manager and right-click, Uninstall the entry for the SD card reader [mine is within the USB Controllers group but that does not mean yours is].

2.4 Restart the computer straight away [merely to avoid any suspicion that observed symptoms might be left-overs from beforehand].

2.5 Windows will redetect the hardware as it starts. You can force it to by clicking on the Device manager toolbar's Scan for hardware changes icon but that really should not be necessary.

2.6 Go to Device manager and note the new SD card reader Properties, Driver entry

Suggestion 3 - If possible -

As Suggestion 2 but deliberately install the new driver at step 2.5 irrespective of what Windows has installed.

- - - - - - - - - - -

If these suggestions do not fix things then I think you need to post a new question on the subject. That will get you a better response than continuing with this current one.

Title - Device manager & Disk management show removable SD card as a fixed drive.

Description -

1 Disk management does not identify the SD card as removable, and

2 Device manager lists the SD card in its Disk drives entry but not in its
    Portable devices entry, and

3 Device manager, Disk drives, {SD card}, Properties, Volumes, Populate identifies the SD card Type as Basic [not as Removable].

4 [describe the effect of the problem - the contents of a previous SD card still being shown]

5 [describe the steps you have already taken to fix things - you can just cut and paste from this thread and then adjust verbiage]

- - - - - - - - - -

When you create your new questions, please paste links to them here so I can follow your progress.

Best of luck,

Denis

Tryx3, May 21, 2021
Thema:

1. SD Card disk not shown in Task Manager Performance view - Similar Threads - Card disk shown

2. High fluctuating hdd usage in performance of task manager but no cause shown in task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High fluctuating hdd usage in performance of task manager but no cause shown in task manager: I have an hp laptop with 4gb ram and 1tb hdd that came installed on the laptop,i have also installed a120gb ssd nvme that is currently running windows ondisk c. Disk d and e is a partition of the hdd. Since recently whenever I open a game which is installed on the ssd, the...
  3. High fluctuating hdd usage in performance of task manager but no cause shown in task manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High fluctuating hdd usage in performance of task manager but no cause shown in task manager: I have an hp laptop with 4gb ram and 1tb hdd that came installed on the laptop,i have also installed a120gb ssd nvme that is currently running windows ondisk c. Disk d and e is a partition of the hdd. Since recently whenever I open a game which is installed on the ssd, the...
  4. High fluctuating hdd usage in performance of task manager but no cause shown in task manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. SD Card disk not shown in Task Manager Performance view

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SD Card disk not shown in Task Manager Performance view: Hi all, The Performance graphical view of the task manager doesn't show the disk volume associated with my SD Card, which is drive 'D:'. The problem is the same when I'm actively using the SD Card and copying files. This disk volume is however functioning correctly...
  6. Disk management - micro SD card renaming

Disk management - micro SD card renaming: Greetings everyone . My brand new Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 Home doesn't recognize my micro SD card. Following instructions that I found on another website I'm trying to change it's drive letter using Disk Manager. This results in the error in the attached screenshot....
  7. Disk management - micro SD card renaming

in Windows 10 Support
    Disk management - micro SD card renaming: Greetings everyone . My brand new Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 Home doesn't recognize my micro SD card. Following instructions that I found on another website I'm trying to change it's drive letter using Disk Manager. This results in the error in the attached screenshot....
  8. WD not shown in Explorer but shown in Disk Management

WD not shown in Explorer but shown in Disk Management: Hi, I recently tried to connect my WD Extrernal 1 TB passport to my windows PC. After connecting, I hear the normal click sound that appears on connecting on any external device. But I dont see any device shown in the explorer. I do see my passport under disk management...
  9. Disk order shown in disk Management

Disk order shown in disk Management: [img] I read somewhere that the C directory disk should ideally be Disk 0 - as you will see, my three internal disks do not follow this pattern. Do I need to swap the signal leads at the motherboard end to correct this - or does it not really matter. I confess I do...
  10. Increase Task Manager performance view beyond 60 seconds

in Windows 10 Support
    Increase Task Manager performance view beyond 60 seconds: Hi all -- the title says it all :-) Is there a tweak that would allow the Windows 10 Task Manager performance view (the graphics sliding every second) to show more than 60 seconds ? Windows 7 would allow me to see near 30 mins ! Thx for your suggestions ! @+++ [img] 29693