Windows 10: SD card driver not working

Discus and support SD card driver not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am trying to transfer some files to an SD card, but it is not showing up in file explorer. When I check Device Manager, it says the driver for SD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by nic0The9r, Jul 11, 2019.

1. nic0The9r Win User

SD card driver not working

I am trying to transfer some files to an SD card, but it is not showing up in file explorer. When I check Device Manager, it says the driver for SD cards has been blocked from working, showing a code 48. However, if i try to update, it says I already have the best version of the driver. Does anyone know where to download a new driver, or how to fix this issue?

:)

nic0The9r, Jul 11, 2019

2. SD card failure

Hi Andrew,

I would need to ask few questions so I can isolate your concern properly. Kindly answer the following:

• Did you get a specific error message?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • What's the current build of your computer? Press Windows key + R and then type winver.
    • Did you try to run a full system scan using your anti-virus? Can you tell us the result?
    • Does your SD card has a write protection?

Meanwhile, you may try these troubleshooting steps:

Step 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. Open Settings> Update & Security> Troubleshoot> Hardware and Devices> Run the troubleshooter.

Step 2: Check SD Card in Disk Management.

1. Open Disk Management.
    2. Your SD card will appear as a removable disk.
    3. Check if it has a drive letter.
    4. If it does not show anything, right click the SD card and then select “Change Drive Letter and Paths”.
    5. Click “Add” and select a drive letter, then click “OK”.

Step 3: Update SD card driver.

1. Open Device manager.
    2. Find your SD card and right click it.
    3. Select Properties.
    4. Click the driver tab and then select Update Driver.

Note: You may need to use a keyboard and mouse to connect to your laptop to perform the said steps if it does not allow on tablet mode.

Raymond Ave, Jul 11, 2019
  3. sd card port not working cant upload pics

Hello,

As you are facing issues with accessing SD card on your device, we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue that might have resulted in this?
    • What exactly happens when you try to access the SD card?

This might have occurred due to corrupted/outdated port drivers. As a workaround try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

I suggest you to connect different SB card to the port and check if it is detected. This will let us know if the issue is with SD card or the port.

Also, if you are using SD card reader connected to the port to access SD card try to connect to different ports as well.

Step 1: If the drive is being detected in Device Manager try the below to update the drivers:

• Right click on Start button and select
      Device Manager.

• Expand the SD card/ USB ports drivers, right click on the drivers and click on
      Update driver software.

• Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: If the device is not detected on your computer try to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 11, 2019
  4. Eric Ber Win User

SD Card reader not working.

Hi,

There are several reasons why your SD card reader is not working. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What are the other troubleshooting steps have you done so for?
    • Have you tried to use another SD card reader and see if it is getting recognized or detected by your computer?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

1. SD card driver not working - Similar Threads - card driver working

2. SD card drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SD card drivers: Hello,for some reason on my toughbook everytime I want to use the SD card slot I have to uninstall the SDA standard compliant SD host adapters under SD host adapters in device manager put the SD card in and scan for hardware changes. If i take the card out and then back in I...
  3. SD card drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SD card drivers: Hello,for some reason on my toughbook everytime I want to use the SD card slot I have to uninstall the SDA standard compliant SD host adapters under SD host adapters in device manager put the SD card in and scan for hardware changes. If i take the card out and then back in I...
  4. SD card drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. SD Card not working

SD Card not working: I have a SanDisk 128GB Micro SDXC Card and for some reason today it just isn't recognised from device manager or disk management or anything. please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-not-working/27009f32-0f37-4a42-837c-b507263f6b3e
  6. SD card not working

SD card not working: SD card not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-not-working/429d379a-40a4-4258-917b-17a55063ef3d
  7. SD card not working

SD card not working: SD card not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-not-working/f96ec9e7-39e2-4b9d-84c8-3b61671988ad
  8. SD card/SD card reader no longer working

SD card/SD card reader no longer working: Hi. New to this so not sure of category. I have a Lenovo G70. Windows 10, 64bit My SD card reader has stopped working. In Device Manager, the SD card is not listed. I can't format the card as it is not listed. I cannot locate the card at all as it is not listed anywhere. I've...
  9. SD card driver missing

SD card driver missing: I need the SD card driver for a Dell Latitude E6320. It is missing since a update and reinstall of windows 10. The SD card slot is not showing right now. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-driver-missing/0b7a6f4e-ae89-4294-92a0-05a3118a07e8
  10. sd card needs driver, driver error

sd card needs driver, driver error: I have a scandisk 128gb sd card I am trying to use on my tablet and it tells me driver error Anyone have any sugestions? thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-needs-driver-driver-error/d9557594-692b-49c9-8a39-bca8f687db02