Windows 10: SD card error "cant find audio device"

Discus and support SD card error "cant find audio device" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have absolutely no problem on my HP ENVY laptop running windows 10 with sound. Until I try to run a movie file on an SD card. Then i get the error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jkhcast, Feb 14, 2020.

1. jkhcast Win User

SD card error "cant find audio device"

I have absolutely no problem on my HP ENVY laptop running windows 10 with sound. Until I try to run a movie file on an SD card. Then i get the error

CANT PLAY - WE CANT FIND AN AUDIO DEVICE - 0x8889000f.

The file will not play at all - even the video, and i have to shut it down. I can play this SD card on my other HP running windows 10 same version same build. So i know the card is not corrupted. I am using the "movies & TV app' for windows 10 to view.

HELP. These are videos of my kids and i want to make copies for them.

:)

jkhcast, Feb 14, 2020
  2. Paola Gar Win User

sd card error

Hi,

This issue that you're experiencing when inserting an SD card into your computer's card reader can sometimes occur if your SD card is corrupted. For us to isolate this issue, please provide the following information:

• Is this the first time that you've experienced this issue? Were there any programs or Windows update that was installed on your device prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried inserting a different SD card into your device to check if the same issue will persist?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • If possible, send us a screenshot showing the complete error message that you're getting.

Looking forward to your response.

Paola Gar, Feb 14, 2020
  3. SD card failure

Hi Andrew,

I would need to ask few questions so I can isolate your concern properly. Kindly answer the following:

• Did you get a specific error message?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • What's the current build of your computer? Press Windows key + R and then type winver.
    • Did you try to run a full system scan using your anti-virus? Can you tell us the result?
    • Does your SD card has a write protection?

Meanwhile, you may try these troubleshooting steps:

Step 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. Open Settings> Update & Security> Troubleshoot> Hardware and Devices> Run the troubleshooter.

Step 2: Check SD Card in Disk Management.

1. Open Disk Management.
    2. Your SD card will appear as a removable disk.
    3. Check if it has a drive letter.
    4. If it does not show anything, right click the SD card and then select “Change Drive Letter and Paths”.
    5. Click “Add” and select a drive letter, then click “OK”.

Step 3: Update SD card driver.

1. Open Device manager.
    2. Find your SD card and right click it.
    3. Select Properties.
    4. Click the driver tab and then select Update Driver.

Note: You may need to use a keyboard and mouse to connect to your laptop to perform the said steps if it does not allow on tablet mode.

Raymond Ave, Feb 14, 2020
  4. Rose Ter Win User

WINDOWS 10 SD CARD RECOGNITION

Hi,

There’s a possibility that the SD card is not compatible with your device.
    To better assist you, please clarify the following:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Does any other SD card work on this device?
    • Does the SD card work on a different computer?
    • Are you getting any error messages?

Regards.

Rose Ter, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

1. SD card error "cant find audio device" - Similar Threads - card error cant

2. SD Card reading error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SD Card reading error: I've been using Windows 11 now for a few weeks on my new PC. Lately I've been using my DSLR camera to take photos for a college course and I've noticed almost every time I plug the SD card into my PC explorer crashes. Explorer becomes unresponsive, I'm unable to end task or...
  3. Windows 11 cant find micro sd card in file explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 cant find micro sd card in file explorer.: Tried Disc manager, updating driver on device manager and a bunch of other solutions. I had another post open but the guy that was helping me stopped responding. Here is a link to the other...
  4. Windows 11 cant find micro sd card in file explorer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 cant find micro sd card in file explorer.: Tried Disc manager, updating driver on device manager and a bunch of other solutions. I had another post open but the guy that was helping me stopped responding. Here is a link to the other...
  5. SD Card Error Message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SD Card Error Message: How to fix This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Apps Settings page....
  6. SD Card Error Message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SD Card Error Message: How to fix This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Apps Settings page....
  7. Error formating sd card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error formating sd card: Hello! So I have a corrupted 32gb sdhc card and I want to format it so I can use it again. But I can't format it. It says error completing format. The main error with command prompt and disk partition management is when I plug the card right in, the program stops responding...
  8. booting error on SD card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    booting error on SD card: I have a Mira writer for court reporting. I have formatted older SD cards that I have used previously and they do say they are formatted, but when I insert them into my Mira writer they give me a message saying "Error in booting SD card." How can I fix this issue?...
  9. Cant delete items on sd card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cant delete items on sd card: I have several sd cards and I can open, copy and paste all items to my pc windows 10 but when I right click there is no delete option. The cards are not locked and I always used to be able to delete but the option has disappeared. I have tried to format them on the pc but I...
  10. Cant access USB or SD cards

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant access USB or SD cards: So i have been trawling the web and bashing my head against the wall for hours. I cant access removable storage. It tells me i need to access the security tab in the properties menu, but there isn't one. Have tried everything in the video linked, but doesnt work. As...