Windows 10: SD Card file system crash when moving files?

Discus and support SD Card file system crash when moving files? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; OS: Windows 10 64 Pro Hi, wasn't sure where to post that topic, so I went here 'cause I don't really know the error causing it (yet). Problem:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Badabing, May 14, 2020.

1. Badabing Win User

SD Card file system crash when moving files?

Hi,

wasn't sure where to post that topic, so I went here 'cause I don't really know the error causing it (yet).

Problem: Whenever I move (RAW+jpeg) files from my (128 GB) SD card, the file system crashes at some point. Sometimes when all files are moved, sometimes after like 20 or 30 %. When that happens, Windows wants me to format the card, 'cause: no valid file system found.
    They are still recoverable via tools, but still it's annoying. If I copy them first and delete them afterwards on the card - no problem at all.

I'd be happy if someone has a a permanent fix for that/explanation why this is happening.

:)

Badabing, May 14, 2020
  2. Mark_W. Win User

Move apps between SD Cards

Hello Lemol-C:

You can certainly provide us with any feature requrests you like here,
    http://windowsphone.uservoice.com/forums/101801-feature-suggestions
    . This process of moving content from the SD card is something that can be done. In your case this looks to be an issue with the files being corrupted or steps being missed.

Since the process's we discussed here did not work for you consider the following if you make this change again some time. Move as many of the apps from your SD card to your phone storage as you can. Remove the SD card from your phone and insert the new
    SD card. Move the apps on the phone storage to the new SD card and repeat the process. Each time you remove the SD card, be sure to follow the safe removal steps to further ensure you do not damage the files on the SD card.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns we can assist you with.

Mark W.

Mark_W., May 14, 2020
  3. Darren Win User
    Page file on a flash card.

Page file will slow down your system regardless whether on a SD card or on a hard disk drive. Ideally you want page filing off completely for maximum performance.

Darren, May 14, 2020
  4. SD Card file system crash when moving files?

Can't delete files from sd card.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1: What is the exact error code/error message you have received when you try to delete/format the files?

2: Is that happening with all the files or with any specific file?

3: Which Operating System are you using?

If you are trying to format the SD card, you may try the following steps.

Please backup your files before proceeding with this step. This will delete all the files saved in the SD Card

Step 1:

Insert the microSD card into your computer card reader. If you do not have a card reader, use a USB card reader to add this capability. If your card reader does not accept microSD cards, insert the card into an SD card adapter
    to convert it to standard SD card size. When doing so, make sure the adapter's lock slider is in the unlocked position.

Step 2:

Click the "Start" button, right-click "Computer" and select "Manage" to open the Computer Management dialog box.

Step 3:

Click "Disk Management" from the left panel.

Step 4:

Right-click the microSD card from the list of storage devices and select "Format."

Step 5:

Click the "File System" drop-down menu and select the file system you wish to use. If the card will be used in personal electronic devices, choose "FAT32" or "FAT." If the card will only be used on your computer, choose "NTFS."

Step 6:

Click "OK" to format the microSD card.

Reply with the required information if the issue is not resolved with the above mentioned steps.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Forum Moderator

Muralidhar_G, May 14, 2020
Thema:

SD Card file system crash when moving files?

1. SD Card file system crash when moving files? - Similar Threads - Card file system

2. Sd card files disappears and are moved onto a shortcut named "Sd Card 32gb"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sd card files disappears and are moved onto a shortcut named "Sd Card 32gb": When i try to plug in an sd card or usb to windows 7 SP1 all the files just disappear and get moved onto a shortcut when i look what is it it was moved into a invisible folder...
  3. Sd card files disappears and are moved onto a shortcut named "Sd Card 32gb"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sd card files disappears and are moved onto a shortcut named "Sd Card 32gb": When i try to plug in an sd card or usb to windows 7 SP1 all the files just disappear and get moved onto a shortcut when i look what is it it was moved into a invisible folder...
  4. Moving Files onto and SD Card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving Files onto and SD Card: Hello! I am trying to move my system files onto an SD card; my system files take up a LOT of storage and my system storage is full. I've copied them onto the card, is it safe to delete the original files?I hope this made sense...
  5. Moving Files onto and SD Card

Moving Files onto and SD Card: Hello! I am trying to move my system files onto an SD card; my system files take up a LOT of storage and my system storage is full. I've copied them onto the card, is it safe to delete the original files?I hope this made sense...
  6. Losing file on SD card

Losing file on SD card: Hello,I used my SD card on my PC, shut it down and place it on my camera.After finishing the recording, I place my SD card to my PC, boot it up and when I try to look at the files, it's gone.There is still the new folders for the photos and videos but there is nothing...
  7. Losing file on SD card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Losing file on SD card: Hello,I used my SD card on my PC, shut it down and place it on my camera.After finishing the recording, I place my SD card to my PC, boot it up and when I try to look at the files, it's gone.There is still the new folders for the photos and videos but there is nothing...
  8. SD Card file system crash when moving files?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SD Card file system crash when moving files?: OS: Windows 10 64 Pro Hi, wasn't sure where to post that topic, so I went here 'cause I don't really know the error causing it (yet). Problem: Whenever I move (RAW+jpeg) files from my (128 GB) SD card, the file system crashes at some point. Sometimes when all files are...
  9. sd card files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    sd card files: Hi I am trying to play files from my Dashcam SD Card I get message saying windows media cant play files as it doesn't know which codec was used to compress the files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-files/7234fbb0-99d2-46fc-8a7d-767106d4691d"
  10. SD Card and File Explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SD Card and File Explorer: I am having a strange problem on my new Win10 laptop. I have a built-in SD slot in my laptop in which I keep a 2G card to store just one file - my complete collection of UserIDs and Passwords; I leave the card in all the time and copy and paste whenever needed. The reason...