Windows 10: SD Card full of undeletable files

Discus and support SD Card full of undeletable files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I bought a sd card with 256 gb but suddenly 165 gb of storage was used on "important files" and i can't delete them. If it's so important, why's it 165... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ThomasPerreta, Aug 20, 2020.

1. SD Card full of undeletable files

I bought a sd card with 256 gb but suddenly 165 gb of storage was used on "important files" and i can't delete them. If it's so important, why's it 165 gb worth of storage?

:)

ThomasPerreta, Aug 20, 2020

2. SD CARD

All appps are installed in phone memory. There is no way around this. You can install a game FROM the SD card but it is then installed in the device's main memory.

STEP 1: Copy all the .xap files which you want to install in your Windows 8 phone to your SD card.

STEP 2: Now go to Start -> Store -> SD card and wait for few minutes for all the .xap files to be loaded.

STEP 3: Select the app which you want to install -> Select Install option.

STEP 4: If your apps are compatible then you can see them in the Compatible apps list if not it will be shown in the Incompatible apps list.

STEP 5: Once you have successfully installed the apps, you can see those apps listed in the Apps list from start.

http://windows8search.com/forum/how-install-xap-files-windows-8-phone-2630.html

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Aug 20, 2020
  3. SD card not sen

Lumia 625 has a SD card slot. I have downloaded certain apps on PC (.xap files) and am trying to install the same on my Lumia 625. However, I am not able to view "SD card" when I am in the "Store" (as mentioned in step 2 below) and so cannot install
    the apps.

"install apps and games from your phone's SD card

• Insert an SD card that contains one or more .XAP files into your phone.

• On Start
      SD Card full of undeletable files hardware-icon-start-button.png
      , tap Store
      SD Card full of undeletable files start-icon-marketplace.png
      then tap SD card."

i have used your trick of switch off phone but, it can't works
    Can anyone please suggest any solution?

sachinpawale, Aug 20, 2020
  4. Berton Win User

SD Card full of undeletable files

SD card/SD card reader no longer working

Bradleyb, in your Device Manager do you have anything listed in Storage Controllers? I get an entry for MMC/SD. I just checked a 1GB SD card and a 4GB SDHC card, both worked in File Explorer to show their contents.

SD Card full of undeletable files [​IMG]

Side note: A caveat for such cards is that if they are to be used in a camera they need to be formatted in the camera, not in Windows.

Berton, Aug 20, 2020
Thema:

SD Card full of undeletable files

1. SD Card full of undeletable files - Similar Threads - Card full undeletable

2. Losing file on SD card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Losing file on SD card: Hello,I used my SD card on my PC, shut it down and place it on my camera.After finishing the recording, I place my SD card to my PC, boot it up and when I try to look at the files, it's gone.There is still the new folders for the photos and videos but there is nothing...
  3. Losing file on SD card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Losing file on SD card: Hello,I used my SD card on my PC, shut it down and place it on my camera.After finishing the recording, I place my SD card to my PC, boot it up and when I try to look at the files, it's gone.There is still the new folders for the photos and videos but there is nothing...
  4. Losing file on SD card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Files in SD card unrecognizable

Files in SD card unrecognizable: So there are definitely heavy files on the SD card but somehow every time I try to recover files or try to open it it shows this error. Also note that the folder icons are faded. The SD card is V-GEN and is 2 GB [ATTACH]...
  6. sd card files

sd card files: Hi I am trying to play files from my Dashcam SD Card I get message saying windows media cant play files as it doesn't know which codec was used to compress the files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-files/7234fbb0-99d2-46fc-8a7d-767106d4691d"
  7. Files are corrupted on SD card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Files are corrupted on SD card: I use 512 SD card inserted in my Surface Go as an extra storage place. But I’ve recently found out that most of my files are corrupted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-are-corrupted-on-sd-card/3f6ddc9c-be6d-4568-941b-e45837817246
  8. SD Card file type

SD Card file type: Put SD Card in and opened file, but could not open to see any pics. How can I change the "file type" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-file-type/7df3c6d5-97e1-4669-90ed-7da6790d7f4f"
  9. C Drive Full and SD Card Corrupting Files

C Drive Full and SD Card Corrupting Files: Hey, hope this is in the right place. So my C drive is literally full. No space whatsoever. I've attempted multiple times to clean it out, deleting folders, using software to clean out junk files, everything. I cannot delete anything in the C drive because it's system...
  10. SD Card and File Explorer

SD Card and File Explorer: I am having a strange problem on my new Win10 laptop. I have a built-in SD slot in my laptop in which I keep a 2G card to store just one file - my complete collection of UserIDs and Passwords; I leave the card in all the time and copy and paste whenever needed. The reason...