Windows 10: SD Card issues

Discus and support SD Card issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; OK - I just got this Asus Transformer Book with Windows 10 on it. I have a SD card that is formatted to ExFAT, and I keep getting the "read only"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by cwaterhouse, Feb 22, 2016.

1. SD Card issues

OK - I just got this Asus Transformer Book with Windows 10 on it. I have a SD card that is formatted to ExFAT, and I keep getting the "read only" error. I know to go to the security settings, the problem is I don't have that tab on the card. I have it on the main drive, just not for the SD. I can't got to NTFS, because this SD is going into an Android tablet... Suggestions? And sorry in advance if this has been answered - my Google Fu is weak today...

:)

cwaterhouse, Feb 22, 2016

2. Win10: Not able to download Apps from Windows Store (error 0x8003f7000)

Hi Abdul,

I did perform those steps but still the SD Card does not work.

A lesser size SD Card works fine eg I have a 2GB SD card and it work fine but the 64 GB SD card does not get recognised. There is no issue in the SD card and the tablet does support upto 64 GB SD card.

This is definitely a driver issue. Can u help with the updated drivers for supporting 64 GB SD cards.

Regards,

Anand.

Anand Ramkumar, Feb 22, 2016
  3. SD Card Issues

Lemme guess--is it a PNY-brand card? Some cards can be too slow to be compatible if you bought one designed for a camera. Follow your phone manufacturer's guidance on speed requirements and size limitations (e.g., Class 10 vs Class 4 / 64GB vs 32GB
    max, etc) . Alternatively, buy most any SanDisk "Ultra" or "Extreme" card, and you should be fine.

Zyswrlevueuvft Smith, Feb 22, 2016
  4. WHS
    whs Win User

SD Card issues

Some SD cards have a tiny little switch on the side to set them to read only.

5. Its a micro SD (sorry, wasnt specific) and no switch, but it is acting like that would

6. I have found out it only affects folders. Files in the main drive are fine...

7. If you right click on a folder which says Read only, then click on Properties, does it look like this ?

SD Card issues [​IMG]

If it does, then click on the box next to Read only, then click apply.

COMPUTIAC Guest, Feb 22, 2016
  8. SD Card issues

I did. It looks like I completed it, but if I go back to the folder, it is blacked out again.

9. Thanks to the adminis for moving this to the correct spot.

10. You did click Apply, the OK ?

COMPUTIAC Guest, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

SD Card issues

1. SD Card issues - Similar Threads - Card issues

2. I have been having issues with BSODs since installing a new graphics card. What is causing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have been having issues with BSODs since installing a new graphics card. What is causing...: Hello,I recently had to install a new graphics card GeForce RTX 3050 because the previous one Geforce RTX 2080 Super died, however, with this new card I have been plagued with BSODs while gaming with the error message MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION. I will note that the most recent...
  3. I have been having issues with BSODs since installing a new graphics card. What is causing...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have been having issues with BSODs since installing a new graphics card. What is causing...: Hello,I recently had to install a new graphics card GeForce RTX 3050 because the previous one Geforce RTX 2080 Super died, however, with this new card I have been plagued with BSODs while gaming with the error message MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION. I will note that the most recent...
  4. I have been having issues with BSODs since installing a new graphics card. What is causing...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. XQD Card issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XQD Card issues: My computer will not open a XQD card. The computer will recognize an SD card in the same reader but not an XQD card. If checked using the camera, there is data on the XQD card...
  6. XQD Card issues

XQD Card issues: My computer will not open a XQD card. The computer will recognize an SD card in the same reader but not an XQD card. If checked using the camera, there is data on the XQD card...
  7. Issue with Micro SD Card Deleting Files After Copying

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issue with Micro SD Card Deleting Files After Copying: Hi all,Would really appreciate some help with this as it's been driving me mad for months. Basically, when I try to copy files to my microSD card, after I eject it going through the proper channels, it just seems to delete them instantly. I'm using a Sandisk SD card...
  8. Issue with Micro SD Card Deleting Files After Copying

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Micro SD Card Deleting Files After Copying: Hi all,Would really appreciate some help with this as it's been driving me mad for months. Basically, when I try to copy files to my microSD card, after I eject it going through the proper channels, it just seems to delete them instantly. I'm using a Sandisk SD card...
  9. Issue with Micro SD Card Deleting Files After Copying

10. I have some issues with my amd graphic card where it makes my font blurry and its too...

I have some issues with my amd graphic card where it makes my font blurry and its too...: i ever tried to disable my amd graphic card and my screen turn normal, white screen doesnt burn my eyes and its good. but i cant play anything that need too use graphic card, and all of the this seems lagging since i turned off my graphic card.some issues with screen:1. too...