Windows 10: SD Card issues

Discus and support SD Card issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; OK - I just got this Asus Transformer Book with Windows 10 on it. I have a SD card that is formatted to ExFAT, and I keep getting the "read only"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by cwaterhouse, Feb 22, 2016.

1. SD Card issues

OK - I just got this Asus Transformer Book with Windows 10 on it. I have a SD card that is formatted to ExFAT, and I keep getting the "read only" error. I know to go to the security settings, the problem is I don't have that tab on the card. I have it on the main drive, just not for the SD. I can't got to NTFS, because this SD is going into an Android tablet... Suggestions? And sorry in advance if this has been answered - my Google Fu is weak today...

:)

cwaterhouse, Feb 22, 2016

2. Win10: Not able to download Apps from Windows Store (error 0x8003f7000)

Hi Abdul,

I did perform those steps but still the SD Card does not work.

A lesser size SD Card works fine eg I have a 2GB SD card and it work fine but the 64 GB SD card does not get recognised. There is no issue in the SD card and the tablet does support upto 64 GB SD card.

This is definitely a driver issue. Can u help with the updated drivers for supporting 64 GB SD cards.

Regards,

Anand.

Anand Ramkumar, Feb 22, 2016
  3. SD Card Issues

Lemme guess--is it a PNY-brand card? Some cards can be too slow to be compatible if you bought one designed for a camera. Follow your phone manufacturer's guidance on speed requirements and size limitations (e.g., Class 10 vs Class 4 / 64GB vs 32GB
    max, etc) . Alternatively, buy most any SanDisk "Ultra" or "Extreme" card, and you should be fine.

Zyswrlevueuvft Smith, Feb 22, 2016
  4. WHS
    whs Win User

SD Card issues

Some SD cards have a tiny little switch on the side to set them to read only.

5. Its a micro SD (sorry, wasnt specific) and no switch, but it is acting like that would

6. I have found out it only affects folders. Files in the main drive are fine...

7. If you right click on a folder which says Read only, then click on Properties, does it look like this ?

SD Card issues [​IMG]

If it does, then click on the box next to Read only, then click apply.

COMPUTIAC Guest, Feb 22, 2016
  8. SD Card issues

I did. It looks like I completed it, but if I go back to the folder, it is blacked out again.

9. Thanks to the adminis for moving this to the correct spot.

10. You did click Apply, the OK ?

COMPUTIAC Guest, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

SD Card issues

1. SD Card issues - Similar Threads - Card issues

2. PCI WiFi card issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PCI WiFi card issues: Device Name: Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 Product Name: ASUS PCE-AC55BT Windows Version: x64 Windows 10 Home Ver.1903(OS Build 18362.449) So, my issue started occurring after installing some optional windows updates. The updates were; 2019-10 Cumulative Update for...
  3. PCI WiFi card issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PCI WiFi card issues: Device Name: Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 Product Name: ASUS PCE-AC55BT Windows Version: x64 Windows 10 Home Ver.1903(OS Build 18362.449) So, my issue started occurring after installing some optional windows updates. The updates were; 2019-10 Cumulative Update for...
  4. Graphics card issue after latest Win10 update 10.0.18362 Build 18362

Graphics card issue after latest Win10 update 10.0.18362 Build 18362: I have an Alienware 17 R2 with GeForce GTX980m Everything seem to be running ok until the latest feature update. Since then I get a Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43) on the 980m device and it will not come on at all. I tried...
  5. Graphics Card Issue

Graphics Card Issue: Good Day! I own a Dell Inspiron 14 3467 equipped with a GPU - AMD Radeon 520. Over the course of using my laptop, I regularly receive driver updates for the mentioned Graphics Card. I was able to successfully updated them and use the GPU to run games and other software that...
  6. Wifi Issues(A lot of issues). Asking if this wifi card I am looking at will be stable.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi Issues(A lot of issues). Asking if this wifi card I am looking at will be stable.: I have an Asus PCE-AC56 wifi card. Asus claims this card supports 5Ghz connection but after further review, I found out it technically does but the range of 5Ghz channels that this card can read is low which is causing me to get lag spikes on everything I do. I recently found...
  7. Graphics card related issues after updating windows 10 to 1903 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Graphics card related issues after updating windows 10 to 1903 update: Hello, I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 version 1903, and after this update, i have started to face some graphics card related issues with third party apps like MSI gaming app, and it's not just third party apps, but also Windows 10 Night light settings feature has...
  8. Can't install Windows 10 on Samsung NP-RV511 (Broadcom WiFi card issue)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't install Windows 10 on Samsung NP-RV511 (Broadcom WiFi card issue): Hello everyone, I have a Samsung laptop with Windows 8.1 installed, and I wanted to upgrade to Windows 10. When I tried a clean install with USB the loading animation didn't show under the windows logo, even after a few hours. The same issue for the normal "upgrade"...
  9. GearsOfWar Windows 10 Audio Issue - 7.1 HeadPhones / Creative Card

GearsOfWar Windows 10 Audio Issue - 7.1 HeadPhones / Creative Card: To preface: (GoW4) I have had no other issues from the plethora of other games I've played on PC via steam/origin etc. etc. It began while playing for the first time and I noticed two of the guns sounded like Atari? (What I guess is like a very low quality conversion) I am...
  10. creative sound card issues

creative sound card issues: There has been a known issue with creative sound cards not working after upgrading to Windows 10 version 1903. I finally had to remove the sound card and rely on the onboard sound for the time being. When can we expect this problem to be resolved as I would like to use my...