Windows 10: sd card needs driver, driver error

Discus and support sd card needs driver, driver error in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a scandisk 128gb sd card I am trying to use on my tablet and it tells me driver error Anyone have any sugestions? thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RonForenman, Mar 7, 2019.

1. sd card needs driver, driver error

I have a scandisk 128gb sd card I am trying to use on my tablet and it tells me driver error Anyone have any sugestions?

thanks

:)

RonForenman, Mar 7, 2019

2. SD card failure

Hi Andrew,

I would need to ask few questions so I can isolate your concern properly. Kindly answer the following:

• Did you get a specific error message?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • What's the current build of your computer? Press Windows key + R and then type winver.
    • Did you try to run a full system scan using your anti-virus? Can you tell us the result?
    • Does your SD card has a write protection?

Meanwhile, you may try these troubleshooting steps:

Step 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. Open Settings> Update & Security> Troubleshoot> Hardware and Devices> Run the troubleshooter.

Step 2: Check SD Card in Disk Management.

1. Open Disk Management.
    2. Your SD card will appear as a removable disk.
    3. Check if it has a drive letter.
    4. If it does not show anything, right click the SD card and then select “Change Drive Letter and Paths”.
    5. Click “Add” and select a drive letter, then click “OK”.

Step 3: Update SD card driver.

1. Open Device manager.
    2. Find your SD card and right click it.
    3. Select Properties.
    4. Click the driver tab and then select Update Driver.

Note: You may need to use a keyboard and mouse to connect to your laptop to perform the said steps if it does not allow on tablet mode.

Raymond Ave, Mar 7, 2019
  3. Joe Men Win User
    PC SD card slot driver

Hello
    Otis

Regarding your concern, do the following to update your laptop's SD card reader driver:

• Plug in an SD memory card to the SD card reader slot.
    • Usually, the driver will automatically be installed. If it didn't, launch the
      Control Panel and go to System and Security >
      System
      > Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the SD card reader and click on Update Driver.
    • Click on the Search automatically for updated driver software.
    You can also check for driver updates by going to the Settings
    > Update & security > Windows Update > Check for updates.

Let us know what happens after trying to update your SD card reader's driver.

Joe Men, Mar 7, 2019
  4. sd card needs driver, driver error

SD card reader driver problem on Windows 10.

Hello Ewald,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

We appreciate the troubleshooting methods performed to resolve the issue on your own. However from the above description, I have noticed you have not tried updating the SD card reader driver from the
    Device manager option besides checking the SD card in the
    Disk management
    on connecting to the PC.

You may be facing the above issue due to the non-updated device driver as the device is working in a good condition on every other software but Windows 10.

I suggest you to try updating the SD card reader driver from the Device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Device manager form the context menu.
    • Expand Storage Controllers, right click on the card reader driver and select
      Update option from the context menu.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and wait for the update to complete.
    • Close the window after the update is complete and check if the issue is resolved.

Write to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Mar 7, 2019
Thema:

sd card needs driver, driver error

1. sd card needs driver, driver error - Similar Threads - card needs driver

2. SD card drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SD card drivers: Hello,for some reason on my toughbook everytime I want to use the SD card slot I have to uninstall the SDA standard compliant SD host adapters under SD host adapters in device manager put the SD card in and scan for hardware changes. If i take the card out and then back in I...
  3. SD card drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SD card drivers: Hello,for some reason on my toughbook everytime I want to use the SD card slot I have to uninstall the SDA standard compliant SD host adapters under SD host adapters in device manager put the SD card in and scan for hardware changes. If i take the card out and then back in I...
  4. SD card drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. SD Card + Bluetooth Drivers Missing ?

SD Card + Bluetooth Drivers Missing ?: Hi! I own an HP Pavilion w/Intel Core i5 running Windows 10.I need drivers for my bluetooth and for my SD card slot. I bought this computer refurbished but neither of those things were on here and I have no idea how to get them back. Thank you...
  6. SD Card + Bluetooth Drivers Missing ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SD Card + Bluetooth Drivers Missing ?: Hi! I own an HP Pavilion w/Intel Core i5 running Windows 10.I need drivers for my bluetooth and for my SD card slot. I bought this computer refurbished but neither of those things were on here and I have no idea how to get them back. Thank you...
  7. SD Card + Bluetooth Drivers Missing ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. built-in SD card reader driver error

built-in SD card reader driver error: The SD card is recognized and I'm ask what the computer wants me to do with it. But I can't drag anything onto it or download pictures from another one. When I try the message comes up that there's a problem with the driver. So I click "Fix driver". Then I'm told it is...
  9. SD card driver missing

SD card driver missing: I need the SD card driver for a Dell Latitude E6320. It is missing since a update and reinstall of windows 10. The SD card slot is not showing right now. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-driver-missing/0b7a6f4e-ae89-4294-92a0-05a3118a07e8
  10. SD card driver not working

SD card driver not working: I am trying to transfer some files to an SD card, but it is not showing up in file explorer. When I check Device Manager, it says the driver for SD cards has been blocked from working, showing a code 48. However, if i try to update, it says I already have the best version of...