Windows 10: SD Card not detected

Discus and support SD Card not detected in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have an older HP laptop (6730b) running Win 10. When I inserted an SD card right after startup it would show up in This PC and function normally.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by tedthebed, Oct 10, 2019.

1. tedthebed Win User

SD Card not detected

I have an older HP laptop (6730b) running Win 10. When I inserted an SD card right after startup it would show up in This PC and function normally. After finishing with the SD card, I would "Safely Remove Hardware" from the Notification Area and remove the card. I then would on occasion insert another SD card or the same one that I removed again and it would NOT show up in This PC until I restarted the computer. I tried all the fixes online, but the only solution that worked was the restart.

Then, I discovered that by NOT using "Safely Remove Hardware" when I removed the SD card, subsequent SD cards inserted into the card reader would function normally. My thought is that the "Safely Remove Hardware" command disabled the SD card reader until the restart.

:)

tedthebed, Oct 10, 2019

2. My Lumia 635 is not detecting SD card

Hi,

You may try the following steps:

• Try to remove the SD card and insert it again, make sure it's seated well without using too much force.
    • If it still does not recognize the SD card, you may try to connect your SD card to PC via a card reader and format.
    • Try using a different SD card and check if your Lumia 635 will recognize it.

Marcel Dio, Oct 10, 2019
  3. jdsumaro Win User
    Sd Card Not Detected

My Sd Card is not detected in my computer but the Device is showing in Disk Management.

in Disk Management is showing no media and nor any space to allocate
    here is the screenshot for the problem

jdsumaro, Oct 10, 2019
  4. SD Card not detected

SD Memory Card not detecting

Hi,

The card is absolutely clean and there is no data in the card. I removed the card from the slot and then switched off the phone. Then inserted it again and i feel that it got fit properly. Then switched on my phone but again same problem.

I have tried the hard reset of the phone as suggested by Linley, but that didn't help too. I have tried 2 other cards in this phone (1 GB SD Card), and those worked perfectly fine. The phone detected those cards, the moment i plugged it in.

It's kinda very strange that the phone is not detecting the card that i bought, whereas its getting detected in other phones. And its detecting other cards.

Any other suggestions please? I am totally perplexed by this problem.

Karan

Karan Kapoor, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

SD Card not detected

1. SD Card not detected - Similar Threads - Card detected

2. My micro sd hc 128 gb card is not being detected by any of my devices.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My micro sd hc 128 gb card is not being detected by any of my devices.: I have tried cleaning it with isopropyl alcohol but it didn't work. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-micro-sd-hc-128-gb-card-is-not-being-detected/c460224c-69f9-46ac-a4ee-71c5b71eae4c
  3. My micro sd hc 128 gb card is not being detected by any of my devices.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My micro sd hc 128 gb card is not being detected by any of my devices.: I have tried cleaning it with isopropyl alcohol but it didn't work. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-micro-sd-hc-128-gb-card-is-not-being-detected/c460224c-69f9-46ac-a4ee-71c5b71eae4c
  4. My micro sd hc 128 gb card is not being detected by any of my devices.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. sd card not detected windows 11 hp laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sd card not detected windows 11 hp laptop: windows 11 hp laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-not-detected-windows-11-hp-laptop/c28b9da7-d1d4-463f-a680-85a2433d0909
  6. sd card not detected windows 11 hp laptop

sd card not detected windows 11 hp laptop: windows 11 hp laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-not-detected-windows-11-hp-laptop/c28b9da7-d1d4-463f-a680-85a2433d0909
  7. Windows 11 Home does not detect my CF Express Type B/XQD card reader and card.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Home does not detect my CF Express Type B/XQD card reader and card.: HiI have a card reader that can take CF express cards and sd cards.When i put a sd card in the reader it shows up and I can access the card, but when I put the CF express card in there nothing shows up.If I go to control panel it shows something is plugged in but when i look...
  8. Windows 11 Home does not detect my CF Express Type B/XQD card reader and card.

Windows 11 Home does not detect my CF Express Type B/XQD card reader and card.: HiI have a card reader that can take CF express cards and sd cards.When i put a sd card in the reader it shows up and I can access the card, but when I put the CF express card in there nothing shows up.If I go to control panel it shows something is plugged in but when i look...
  9. Realtek cardreader not detecting SD card after Windows 11 23H2 upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek cardreader not detecting SD card after Windows 11 23H2 upgrade: After upgrading from Windows 21H2 to 23H2 , I am getting these error and warning in event viewer administrative eventsevent ID 131 , error , Metadata staging failed, result=0x80070490 for container '{A2942204-A62D-11EE-AC53-806E6F6E6963}'event ID 201 , warning , A connection...
  10. Realtek cardreader not detecting SD card after Windows 11 23H2 upgrade

Realtek cardreader not detecting SD card after Windows 11 23H2 upgrade: After upgrading from Windows 21H2 to 23H2 , I am getting these error and warning in event viewer administrative eventsevent ID 131 , error , Metadata staging failed, result=0x80070490 for container '{A2942204-A62D-11EE-AC53-806E6F6E6963}'event ID 201 , warning , A connection...