Windows 10: SD Card not recognised.

Discus and support SD Card not recognised. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Dell, Ultrabook, Latitude E7470, Window s 10 My SD card reader does not recognise any of my SD cards. They all work when plugged into my card reader,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Roger Kitsell, Sep 30, 2019.

1. SD Card not recognised.

Dell, Ultrabook, Latitude E7470, Window s 10

My SD card reader does not recognise any of my SD cards.

They all work when plugged into my card reader, when using USB slots.

Any experience of similar issue on Dell laptop?

:)

Roger Kitsell, Sep 30, 2019

2. PC won't recognise SD card.

My laptop had a virus about 3 months ago and needed Windows 8.1 reinstalling. Took some photos on digital camera yesterday but now SD card not being recognised. Any suggestions please?

David Brocklehurst2, Sep 30, 2019
  3. dorsetknob, Sep 30, 2019
  4. SD Card not recognised.

SD card failure

Hi Andrew,

I would need to ask few questions so I can isolate your concern properly. Kindly answer the following:

• Did you get a specific error message?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • What's the current build of your computer? Press Windows key + R and then type winver.
    • Did you try to run a full system scan using your anti-virus? Can you tell us the result?
    • Does your SD card has a write protection?

Meanwhile, you may try these troubleshooting steps:

Step 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. Open Settings> Update & Security> Troubleshoot> Hardware and Devices> Run the troubleshooter.

Step 2: Check SD Card in Disk Management.

1. Open Disk Management.
    2. Your SD card will appear as a removable disk.
    3. Check if it has a drive letter.
    4. If it does not show anything, right click the SD card and then select “Change Drive Letter and Paths”.
    5. Click “Add” and select a drive letter, then click “OK”.

Step 3: Update SD card driver.

1. Open Device manager.
    2. Find your SD card and right click it.
    3. Select Properties.
    4. Click the driver tab and then select Update Driver.

Note: You may need to use a keyboard and mouse to connect to your laptop to perform the said steps if it does not allow on tablet mode.

Raymond Ave, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

SD Card not recognised.

1. SD Card not recognised. - Similar Threads - Card recognised

2. Windows update makes my computer not recognise the wifi card.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows update makes my computer not recognise the wifi card.: With the "new" update my computer did not recognise the wifi card, as so, it couldnt detect nor connect to the internet. Ive solved the problem by going back in the updates but it only seems like a bandaid solution, and ive been noticing my computer is a bit slugish when i...
  3. SD card not recognised... Solution

SD card not recognised... Solution: Hi to everyone having problems with an sd card not being recognised in windows 10 on a surface device. I tried all the other suggestions and none worked, until I formatted the disc. Works a treat now. Long press windows button bottom left, computer management, Disc...
  4. Nvidia GFX Card No Longer Recognised

Nvidia GFX Card No Longer Recognised: Hi guys, turned my PC on this morning to find that the resolution has changed and I could no longer change it back. Quick investigation shows that my computer no longer recognises completely that I have a graphics card installed. It's an old 660ti but it's been doing the...
  5. Renesas USB 3 Pcie Card is not recognised

Renesas USB 3 Pcie Card is not recognised: Long shot but had this problem for the past 6 months. I installed a Renesas USB 3 Pcie card and it worked great.....But every time I switch off my pc and leave it off for a few days, when I put it back on the card would sometimes work but a lot of the time it does not....I...
  6. Lenovo 260 ThinkPad does not recognise internal cellular SIM card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lenovo 260 ThinkPad does not recognise internal cellular SIM card: My Lenovo 260 ThinkPad runs Windows 10. It has an internal modem which takes a SIM card for a cellular connection. Recently the SIM card icon no longer appears on the Network & Internet connectivity menu. I am only able to connect to the Internet via Wi-Fi. How can I fix...
  7. Audigy sound card not being recognised after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Audigy sound card not being recognised after update: After updates on the 13th I get no sound and the card is not found by Windows ot the Creative software. If I use the motherboard sound it works OK Thanks...
  8. SD card not recognised

SD card not recognised: There was a similar thread a couple of years ago but this is now locked and I'm still looking for a solution. I'm using an SD card in a Lenovo MIIX 320 to extend storage. 9 times out of 10 the card is unrecognised. Disabling the Storage Controller and then re-enabling it...
  9. card reader not recognised after W10 upgrade

card reader not recognised after W10 upgrade: Hi. My windows 10 version is 1903(18362 836). My Rosewill RDCR 11004 media dashboard with USB ports and card slots worked fine until I upgraded to W10 a few months ago. I'm glad I did, by the way, but since then the card reader does not work and the cards fail to register...
  10. Memory card not being recognised

Memory card not being recognised: I have a Dell Inspiron 5750 laptop running Windows 10. The memory card has suddenly stopped being recognised when I insert it. The drive does not come up in File Explorer. I've done a system restore to when it was working and installed the Realtek Card reader from the...