Windows 10: SD Card not recognised.

Discus and support SD Card not recognised. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Dell, Ultrabook, Latitude E7470, Window s 10 My SD card reader does not recognise any of my SD cards. They all work when plugged into my card reader,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Roger Kitsell, Sep 30, 2019.

1. SD Card not recognised.

Dell, Ultrabook, Latitude E7470, Window s 10

My SD card reader does not recognise any of my SD cards.

They all work when plugged into my card reader, when using USB slots.

Any experience of similar issue on Dell laptop?

:)

Roger Kitsell, Sep 30, 2019

2. PC won't recognise SD card.

My laptop had a virus about 3 months ago and needed Windows 8.1 reinstalling. Took some photos on digital camera yesterday but now SD card not being recognised. Any suggestions please?

David Brocklehurst2, Sep 30, 2019
  3. dorsetknob, Sep 30, 2019
  4. SD Card not recognised.

SD card failure

Hi Andrew,

I would need to ask few questions so I can isolate your concern properly. Kindly answer the following:

• Did you get a specific error message?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • What's the current build of your computer? Press Windows key + R and then type winver.
    • Did you try to run a full system scan using your anti-virus? Can you tell us the result?
    • Does your SD card has a write protection?

Meanwhile, you may try these troubleshooting steps:

Step 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. Open Settings> Update & Security> Troubleshoot> Hardware and Devices> Run the troubleshooter.

Step 2: Check SD Card in Disk Management.

1. Open Disk Management.
    2. Your SD card will appear as a removable disk.
    3. Check if it has a drive letter.
    4. If it does not show anything, right click the SD card and then select “Change Drive Letter and Paths”.
    5. Click “Add” and select a drive letter, then click “OK”.

Step 3: Update SD card driver.

1. Open Device manager.
    2. Find your SD card and right click it.
    3. Select Properties.
    4. Click the driver tab and then select Update Driver.

Note: You may need to use a keyboard and mouse to connect to your laptop to perform the said steps if it does not allow on tablet mode.

Raymond Ave, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

SD Card not recognised.

1. SD Card not recognised. - Similar Threads - Card recognised

2. smart card reader is not working on lenovo t440

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    smart card reader is not working on lenovo t440: I use a gemalto smart card usb token, wich was used for secure signing of official documents on my laptop until the last major win10 update in august. (1903) After that the gemalto card stopped working... The problem is, that a win10 service for smartcard-s starts and...
  3. Windows 10 won't recognize SD card from camera

Windows 10 won't recognize SD card from camera: laptop with windows all of a sudden won't recognize SD card from camera https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-wont-recognize-sd-card-from-camera/b8567e56-7747-4332-b9ef-4231699629f6
  4. SD Card not recognised in Surface Book

SD Card not recognised in Surface Book: I have inserted a micro SD card into my surface book using an adaptor but my surface book is not recognising it. When i go into device manager, and click on show hidden devices, i can see a generic SD card device under disk drives, but i can't get it to work. I have tried...
  5. Anker AK-A7611011 USB to Ethernet Network-Card Adaptor being recognised as a DVD drive

Anker AK-A7611011 USB to Ethernet Network-Card Adaptor being recognised as a DVD drive: Following the major update to W10 1903 my Anker USB to Ethernet adaptor is now being recognised as a DVD drive. I've had it since September 2018 and has been fine with previous builds of W10. I can get it recognised as a Ethernet device by double-clicking on the drive icon...
  6. Nvidia Graphics card not being recognised?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia Graphics card not being recognised?: Please help! I recently performed a clean re-install of Windows 10 (64/Home) on my PC. I have an Nvidia 1060 6GB graphics card, which seems to be causing some issues. I have installed the drivers via GeForce experience, rebooted, removed the display adapter from device...
  7. Cannot download photos from sd card, and laptop doesn't recognise camera, after recent...

Cannot download photos from sd card, and laptop doesn't recognise camera, after recent...: Windows updates installed automatically when I switched on my laptop, however, I can no longer download photographs from SD card. When linking up the camera via usb, that's not recognised either. I have used the troubleshooter and driver update etc but this hasn't worked....
  8. Since windows 10 update USB card not recognised

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Since windows 10 update USB card not recognised: To transfer photos from my camera to the computer I take the memory card out of the camera and insert it in the USB slot on the computer. The computer and laptop recently had updates to Windows 10 and now neither recognise the memory card. Why did you do this and can you...
  9. PC won't recognise 64 Gb SDXC card

PC won't recognise 64 Gb SDXC card: I bought 2 64Gb SDXC cards back in September and my PC running Windows 10 PRO recognised these cards and I was able to write to them. I bought another one a few days ago, but the PC will not recognise the card and when I tried the 2 cards I already had again, it wouldn't...
  10. Games jerky and sluggish - graphics card suddenly not recognised?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Games jerky and sluggish - graphics card suddenly not recognised?: Hi all. I am having issues with my NVIDIA GeForce GTX750. I discovered today that when I try to play a game, it's suddenly extremely slow and jerky. This issue has come a bit out of nowhere, as it was working fine when I last played a game (the same game) a couple of weeks...