Windows 10: SD card not working now in W.10 phone.

Discus and support SD card not working now in W.10 phone. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a Nokia 1520, Windows 10 phone, I inadvertently removed the sd card by mistake while the phone was still switched on. Now half of my apps have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by robinpe, May 18, 2018.

1. robinpe Win User

SD card not working now in W.10 phone.

I have a Nokia 1520, Windows 10 phone, I inadvertently removed the sd card by mistake while the phone was still switched on. Now half of my apps have faded out. I formatted the card on my laptop, inserted it back in but it's not being recognised at all. it's only a 32GB card. Any recommendations?

:)

robinpe, May 18, 2018

2. windows phone cant read sd card

Get your data off it (on the computer) . . .

Put it in the phone . . .

To format the SD card

You can format the SD card in your phone to erase all files on it and start fresh.

WARNING: All your personal files and everything else on the SD card will be erased.

• In the App list, tap Storage Sense
      SD card not working now in W.10 phone. [​IMG]

• Tap SD card, and then pan down and tap Format SD card.

• In the Format SD card? message box, tap Yes to confirm and format the card.
    Does it work in the phone to do that/after that?

Shenan Stanley, May 18, 2018
  3. Joe Men Win User
    Phone is not reading the SD card.

Hello,
    Jeevan

Thank you for posting your query to Microsoft Community. We understand that you Lumia 640 XL LTE is having issues reading your SD memory card.

There is a possibility that the SD memory card corrupted. Please try to perform a Scan Disk maintenance on it by following the steps below:

• Turn off your phone and remove the SD card. Use a SD card reader and plug it in to your computer.
    • Open Computer by clicking the Start button, and then clicking Computer.
    • Right-click the SD card drive that you want to check, and then click "Properties".
    • Click the "Tools" tab, and then, under Error-checking, click Check Now.
    • Put a check mark on the "Automatically fix the file system errors" and "Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors".
    • Click Start.
      • Wait for the Scan Disk process to complete, then mount your SD memory card back to your phone.
    Hope this helps.

Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Joe Men, May 18, 2018
Thema:

SD card not working now in W.10 phone.

1. SD card not working now in W.10 phone. - Similar Threads - card working phone

2. phone sd card bug in explorer Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    phone sd card bug in explorer Windows 10: Apparently this bug hasn’t been adressed by Windows developers for 6 years now and keeps happening to people. Whenever it emerges as a question on this forum the “support” member answers the same way without even understanding the question by pasting the default response and...
  3. phone sd card bug in explorer Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    phone sd card bug in explorer Windows 10: Apparently this bug hasn’t been adressed by Windows developers for 6 years now and keeps happening to people. Whenever it emerges as a question on this forum the “support” member answers the same way without even understanding the question by pasting the default response and...
  4. phone sd card bug in explorer Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. SD Card not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SD Card not working: I have a SanDisk 128GB Micro SDXC Card and for some reason today it just isn't recognised from device manager or disk management or anything. please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-not-working/27009f32-0f37-4a42-837c-b507263f6b3e
  6. SD card not working

SD card not working: SD card not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-not-working/429d379a-40a4-4258-917b-17a55063ef3d
  7. SD card not working

SD card not working: SD card not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-not-working/f96ec9e7-39e2-4b9d-84c8-3b61671988ad
  8. SD card/SD card reader no longer working

SD card/SD card reader no longer working: Hi. New to this so not sure of category. I have a Lenovo G70. Windows 10, 64bit My SD card reader has stopped working. In Device Manager, the SD card is not listed. I can't format the card as it is not listed. I cannot locate the card at all as it is not listed anywhere. I've...
  9. SD Card not working on Windows 10

SD Card not working on Windows 10: Hi, I've bought a 32GB microSD card for use on my netbook (Model: Schneider SCL101BTP), with Windows 10 on it. However, once I insert it into my PC, Windows Explorer starts freezing: my SD card is detected, but it won't open or show how much storage is left, and clicking on...
  10. SD CARD SLOT IS NOT WORKING

SD CARD SLOT IS NOT WORKING: Hello Microsoft, I have a Acer Aspire V3 731 laptop using Windows 10. My computer was moving slow, so I did a factory setting reset. Once completed, I realized that my SD card slot doesn't work like it once did prior to the reset. I'm thinking my driver is no...