Windows 10: SD card not working when inserted; Troubleshoot Hardware and Devices gone.

Discus and support SD card not working when inserted; Troubleshoot Hardware and Devices gone. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've been trying to find ways to get my sd card reader working again. Since I've updated to the latest version of windows, I've had nothing but regret... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Silver Rhapsody, Oct 3, 2019.

1. SD card not working when inserted; Troubleshoot Hardware and Devices gone.

I've been trying to find ways to get my sd card reader working again. Since I've updated to the latest version of windows, I've had nothing but regret because now my laptop is unable to use my SD card reader and I can't even troubleshoot my hardware to even attempt to use it because now the "Troubleshoot Hardware and Devices" option is gone. It's really pissing me off that windows would decide to do this. Does anyone know a way to get around this? I need my SD card reader for my projects and I don't have any other devices to share my sd cards with.

:)

Silver Rhapsody, Oct 3, 2019

2. SD card inserted into PC doesn't do anything

Hi,

We may need to do further investigation to identify the issue and its cause. Please provide us the following information:

• Have you tried inserting or connecting other SD cards?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to insert the SD card, or when trying to connect the camera? If so, please send us a screenshot.
    • Are you getting any error messages in Device Manager? Please send us a screenshot.

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices
    troubleshooter to scan your computer, identify the problem, and attempt to fix the issue automatically. You may refer to the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R and type Control Panel.
    • Type troubleshooting in the search bar and click on
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Oct 3, 2019
  3. Enabling SD card reader

Hi John,

To isolate your concern, we would like to know the following:

• Have you tried inserting your SD card reader on a different computer? If yes, how was it?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve this?

For possible resolution, insert the SD card and run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter. You may follow the steps below:

• Click Windows.
    • Type Troubleshooting in the search box, then press Enter.
    • Click Hardware and Sound, and run the Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the On screen instructions. Once this is done, restart the computer, and check the status.

Let us know how it goes.

Michael Gall, Oct 3, 2019
  4. SD card not working when inserted; Troubleshoot Hardware and Devices gone.

Transferring photos from sd card after Windows 10 upgrade

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please follow bellows steps and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1:
    Run Hardware and Device Troubleshooter

• Press Windows Key + R, type Control Panel.
    • Type Troubleshooting in the search bar, click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Hardware and Sound, click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the steps from the wizard to run the Troubleshooter.
    If the issue still persist refer to the below method.

Method 2: AutoPlay Settings.

I suggest you to follow the steps as shown below and check if it helps.

• Insert in the SD Card.
    • Go to Start and type AutoPlay Settings.
    • Choose AutoPlay Settings.
    • Under your SD Card settings, choose the option "Import Photos and Videos."
    • Exit Auto Play Settings and check if the issue persists.
    I also suggest you to install latest chipset drivers by downloading from the computer manufacturer’s website.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Oct 3, 2019
Thema:

SD card not working when inserted; Troubleshoot Hardware and Devices gone.

1. SD card not working when inserted; Troubleshoot Hardware and Devices gone. - Similar Threads - card working inserted

2. SD card gone wrong

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SD card gone wrong: Long story short I removed an SD card from a device that does not like that and now I can not access any of the files on the SD card and my computer can not even detect it. I have an SD USB adaptor connected to my PC and I can see in my Devices and drives that I have my C...
  3. Windows doesn't recognize SD card when inserted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows doesn't recognize SD card when inserted: Hi, I have a Dell Inspiron running Windows 10 and it doesn't recognize/show an SD card when inserted. I have searched the Microsoft Community and many of the solutions start with locating the SD card in the device manager; however, my SD drive doesn't even show up in the...
  4. Windows doesn't recognize SD card when inserted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows doesn't recognize SD card when inserted: Hi, I have a Dell Inspiron running Windows 10 and it doesn't recognize/show an SD card when inserted. I have searched the Microsoft Community and many of the solutions start with locating the SD card in the device manager; however, my SD drive doesn't even show up in the...
  5. Windows doesn't recognize SD card when inserted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. AutoPlay is not working when inserting SD card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    AutoPlay is not working when inserting SD card: When I insert an SD card, I would like File Explorer to open and display the contents. I tried changing the options in Settings -> Devices - AutoPlay to the following: Removable drive: Open folder to view files File Explorer Memory card: Open folder to view files File...
  7. how to insert sd card

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to insert sd card: how to insert sd card https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-insert-sd-card/b093ae6e-7b9b-408e-82b6-d5dee16c5bee
  8. inserting micro sd card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    inserting micro sd card: hi when I insert a micro sd card into the slot on my laptop it won't stay or click in place. it works if I hold it in place. can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/inserting-micro-sd-card/110bd64b-13e0-414c-a03d-ecd379cfad66
  9. BSOD inserting SD card

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD inserting SD card: Hi when i turned on my PC i typed my PassWord in and i ejected my SD card while logging in and inserted when my desktop and then i got BSOD. And i forgot what the error was and i know whats in the sd card and its just unsupported files (thats not corrupted and no dll and exe...
  10. Problem showing SD cards when inserted in card reader

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem showing SD cards when inserted in card reader: Here's the thing: I have a multi card reader which has been working fine until the Anniversary Update. Now, when I insert an SD card, Windows doesn't show the card mounted. It remains as a hidden object which can only be viewed when I activate the "show hidden items"...