Windows 10: SD card not working

Discus and support SD card not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; SD card not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-not-working/f96ec9e7-39e2-4b9d-84c8-3b61671988ad Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JoyceLogan, Oct 15, 2020.

1. SD card not working

SD card not working

:)

JoyceLogan, Oct 15, 2020
  2. bradleyb Win User

SD card/SD card reader no longer working

Hi. New to this so not sure of category.
    I have a Lenovo G70. Windows 10, 64bit
    My SD card reader has stopped working.
    In Device Manager, the SD card is not listed.
    I can't format the card as it is not listed.
    I cannot locate the card at all as it is not listed anywhere.
    I've tried chkdsk and get 'Cannot open volume for direct access'
    I don't even have the icon displaying when micro SD card is inserted.
    It did work previously but I had errors. Scanning and fixing did not help.
    I place the SD card in my Android phone and it works fine.
    Please help!
    Thank you for any assistance.

bradleyb, Oct 15, 2020
  3. Berton Win User
    SD card/SD card reader no longer working

Bradleyb, in your Device Manager do you have anything listed in Storage Controllers? I get an entry for MMC/SD. I just checked a 1GB SD card and a 4GB SDHC card, both worked in File Explorer to show their contents.

SD card not working [​IMG]

Side note: A caveat for such cards is that if they are to be used in a camera they need to be formatted in the camera, not in Windows.

Berton, Oct 15, 2020
  4. Eric Ber Win User

SD card not working

SD Card reader not working.

Hi,

There are several reasons why your SD card reader is not working. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What are the other troubleshooting steps have you done so for?
    • Have you tried to use another SD card reader and see if it is getting recognized or detected by your computer?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

SD card not working

1. SD card not working - Similar Threads - card working

2. Occasional BSOD and Graphics Card not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Occasional BSOD and Graphics Card not working: My laptop shut down due to low power while it was in the middle of restarting during an update. Now my computer works like normal except that it bluescreens every time it updates, and my NVIDIA graphics card doesn't work doesn't show up in task manager at all, and...
  3. Occasional BSOD and Graphics Card not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Occasional BSOD and Graphics Card not working: My laptop shut down due to low power while it was in the middle of restarting during an update. Now my computer works like normal except that it bluescreens every time it updates, and my NVIDIA graphics card doesn't work doesn't show up in task manager at all, and...
  4. Occasional BSOD and Graphics Card not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows audio is in 16 bits at 48khz, but I have an external sound card that works in 24...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows audio is in 16 bits at 48khz, but I have an external sound card that works in 24...: I have a Behringer UM2 sound card, which works in 24 bits at 48khz. When configuring the sound in Windows, the 24-bit options do not appear. When I work in my DAW, I can safely use 24 bits, but not in WindowsH8U5.png 499×456 imgbrr.coPS: Behringer works with Asio4All, but...
  6. Will an older version of Hoyle card games work on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will an older version of Hoyle card games work on Windows 11: Will older version of Hoyle card games work on Windows 11 version https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-an-older-version-of-hoyle-card-games-work-on/8deddef3-434f-4dc5-a7bb-f82b935ede0f
  7. Will an older version of Hoyle card games work on Windows 11

Will an older version of Hoyle card games work on Windows 11: Will older version of Hoyle card games work on Windows 11 version https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-an-older-version-of-hoyle-card-games-work-on/8deddef3-434f-4dc5-a7bb-f82b935ede0f
  8. Video capture card not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video capture card not working: HI,I'm getting annoyed that my video capture card isn't getting and picture or audio from my PS5.i have tries disabling HCDP didn't do anything and power cycling, changing the power plan, doing an entire system troubleshoot to make sure nothing is outdated. I'm using a Lenovo...
  9. Video capture card not working

Video capture card not working: HI,I'm getting annoyed that my video capture card isn't getting and picture or audio from my PS5.i have tries disabling HCDP didn't do anything and power cycling, changing the power plan, doing an entire system troubleshoot to make sure nothing is outdated. I'm using a Lenovo...
  10. after trying to install a graphics card update, my pc cannot boot, how can i get it working?

after trying to install a graphics card update, my pc cannot boot, how can i get it working?: i was updating the graphics card things and suddenly all my screens went black, sensing a connection from the pc but nothing actually being on the screen. i then turned it on and off again at least 50 times and it did the same thing, the pc lit up and did the usual loud fans,...