Windows 10: SD card problem.

Discus and support SD card problem. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; An SD card that I have is not showing up in Windows after the latest update. I know that the SD is good because it is working on another computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BarrySpieker, Nov 19, 2018.

1. SD card problem.

An SD card that I have is not showing up in Windows after the latest update.

I know that the SD is good because it is working on another computer just fine.

Could you please assist?

:)

BarrySpieker, Nov 19, 2018

2. Card SD problem

Look at this FAQ for information about your SD card:

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/how-to/wp8/phones-and-hardware/use-an-sd-card-to-add-space

In part, relating to SD card removal this is what was said:

To safely remove the SD card from your phone

Before you take the card out of your phone, you need to go through a few steps on your phone first. Otherwise, it can cause problems with the card itself or the files on it.

• In the
      App list
      , tap Storage Sense
      SD card problem. storage-sense-icon_InvariantCulture_Default.png

• Tap SD card, pan down and tap Remove SD card, and then tap
      Yes to confirm.

• In the Safe to remove message box, tap OK, and then take the card out of your phone.
    If you don't safely remove the SD card, when you reinsert the card you might see the
    Scan SD card and fix errors message box. If that happens, tap
    Yes to have your phone scan the card and try to fix any errors. If you see an
    SD card scan failed message, insert the SD card into a PC to try and fix it there. To learn more, see this
    Microsoft Support article about fixing SD card problems.

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Nov 19, 2018
  3. dorsetknob, Nov 19, 2018
  4. SD card problem.

SD card failure

Hi Andrew,

I would need to ask few questions so I can isolate your concern properly. Kindly answer the following:

• Did you get a specific error message?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • What's the current build of your computer? Press Windows key + R and then type winver.
    • Did you try to run a full system scan using your anti-virus? Can you tell us the result?
    • Does your SD card has a write protection?

Meanwhile, you may try these troubleshooting steps:

Step 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. Open Settings> Update & Security> Troubleshoot> Hardware and Devices> Run the troubleshooter.

Step 2: Check SD Card in Disk Management.

1. Open Disk Management.
    2. Your SD card will appear as a removable disk.
    3. Check if it has a drive letter.
    4. If it does not show anything, right click the SD card and then select “Change Drive Letter and Paths”.
    5. Click “Add” and select a drive letter, then click “OK”.

Step 3: Update SD card driver.

1. Open Device manager.
    2. Find your SD card and right click it.
    3. Select Properties.
    4. Click the driver tab and then select Update Driver.

Note: You may need to use a keyboard and mouse to connect to your laptop to perform the said steps if it does not allow on tablet mode.

Raymond Ave, Nov 19, 2018
Thema:

SD card problem.

1. SD card problem. - Similar Threads - card problem

2. problems with new amd radeon graphics card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    problems with new amd radeon graphics card: I bought a Dell OptiPlex 990 and a AMD Radeon HD 7670 graphics card the listing was kinda sketchy tbh. I recently installed it into my pc, following a tutorial just to make sure I didn't do anything wrong. After installing it I plugged my monitor into via a vga cable and that...
  3. problems with new amd radeon graphics card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problems with new amd radeon graphics card: I bought a Dell OptiPlex 990 and a AMD Radeon HD 7670 graphics card the listing was kinda sketchy tbh. I recently installed it into my pc, following a tutorial just to make sure I didn't do anything wrong. After installing it I plugged my monitor into via a vga cable and that...
  4. problems with new amd radeon graphics card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. gift card problem

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    gift card problem: i recently activated a gift card for minecraft on my pc and after i put the code in it asked for an email adress so i put my microsft email in and it took me to my xbox account and gave me a price to buy the game again and now it says the code has already been used what do i...
  6. gift card problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    gift card problem: i recently activated a gift card for minecraft on my pc and after i put the code in it asked for an email adress so i put my microsft email in and it took me to my xbox account and gave me a price to buy the game again and now it says the code has already been used what do i...
  7. gift card problem

8. GIFT CARD CODE REDEEM PROBLEM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GIFT CARD CODE REDEEM PROBLEM: I bought rocket league rocketeer pack for PC from India. I redeemed the code in Redeem Code page in Microsoft and it told that my pack is ready. I launched Rocket league via Epic Games in which I was logged in to the same account as in the Microsoft redeem page. But now, I...
  9. GIFT CARD CODE REDEEM PROBLEM

GIFT CARD CODE REDEEM PROBLEM: I bought rocket league rocketeer pack for PC from India. I redeemed the code in Redeem Code page in Microsoft and it told that my pack is ready. I launched Rocket league via Epic Games in which I was logged in to the same account as in the Microsoft redeem page. But now, I...
  10. Graphics card problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics card problem: hello,For a few months now, I've been having problems with my computer, it keeps crashing mainly on games. It just randomly gets a drop in fps, then the fans start to ventilate a lot, and then I get a blue screen for a few seconds, and I have to restart the pc. This happens...