Windows 10: sd card reader not recognized

Discus and support sd card reader not recognized in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; sd card reader not recognized https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-reader-not-recognized/10de784a-abbe-49b2-a77d-22385c823869" Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by McScottMc, Apr 28, 2019.

1. McScottMc Win User

sd card reader not recognized

:)

McScottMc, Apr 28, 2019
  2. Eric Ber Win User

SD Card reader not working.

Hi,

There are several reasons why your SD card reader is not working. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What are the other troubleshooting steps have you done so for?
    • Have you tried to use another SD card reader and see if it is getting recognized or detected by your computer?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Apr 28, 2019
  3. jimbo45 Win User
    Boot from SD card Reader?

Hi there

the main problem is whether the BIOS recognizes the card reader -- if it doesn't you won't be able to boot DIRECTLY from the SD card reader. You MIGHT be able to create a bootloader on a conventional USB drive and then it can load the OS from the card reader once the drivers have been loaded. Never tried it though.

An interesting idea could be to boot from a Micro SD card in a smart phone !!!!!. If the Bios recognizes the Phone as a USB device then you are in business -- especially these days as you've got 32 and 64 micro SD cards. Windows to Go from a smart phone --- now there's another idea !!!

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 28, 2019
  4. sd card reader not recognized

SD Card Reader

Still wondering if Windows 10 will ever recognize my built in SD card reader in my HP laptop? In Windows 7, I inserted my card and it would show everything. Now with Windows 10 it's like the SD port just dissapeared!!
    I have been researching and nothing that was suggested has worked.

JenniferWengerd, Apr 28, 2019
Thema:

1. sd card reader not recognized - Similar Threads - card reader recognized

2. SD card reader doesn't recognize subsequent cards

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SD card reader doesn't recognize subsequent cards: About three weeks ago my Dell XPS 8920's SD card reader stopped recognizing subsequent cards.If I start the computer with a card inserted, I can view the card's data. The same goes for starting the computer without a card in the reader and inserting a card.But once I pull out...
  3. SD card reader doesn't recognize subsequent cards

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SD card reader doesn't recognize subsequent cards: About three weeks ago my Dell XPS 8920's SD card reader stopped recognizing subsequent cards.If I start the computer with a card inserted, I can view the card's data. The same goes for starting the computer without a card in the reader and inserting a card.But once I pull out...
  4. SD card reader doesn't recognize subsequent cards

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. SD Card reader

SD Card reader: I have an external sd card reader and it wont work on my pc. It works on my laptop and other stuff but it only doesnt work on this pc. It only recognizes the sd card reader as USB3.0 Card Reader but it wont read the sd card at all. I even tried buying and using another sd...
  6. Troubleshooting Failure to Read SD Card/Recognize SD Card Reader

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Troubleshooting Failure to Read SD Card/Recognize SD Card Reader: Very frustrating trying to figure out the problem. Installed 32GB Class 10 SD Card https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07J1G261N/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 in Game Camera, formatted per instructions and set the unit outside. Just retrieved it, and tried...
  7. sd card reader

sd card reader: Hi, I have been running a lenovo Z70-80 with a partitioned hard drive with a windows 7 \ linux dual boot setup. It all worked fine until I upgraded to windows 10. After I updated all the drivers everything worked well except the sd card reader. This will keep disconnecting or...
  8. SD Card Reader

SD Card Reader: Hi Every SD card I plug in to my PC says it is Write Protected. I have tried everything I can find on internet to fix this but to no avail. Can anyone help please? 146468
  9. Internal SD card reader not recognized

Internal SD card reader not recognized: Hello This is an old problem. I got an internal all in one reader. The USB port is working but the sd card is not recognized. When I put a SD card in it, the PC is do run and try to read it but no error message is shown. In the disk management, the E\ drive is set to SD...
  10. sd card reader

sd card reader: My sd card reader isn't working .How can I get it back on ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-reader/a9ecbe8c-3206-454a-960a-8b6f6ce13e12