Windows 10: SD Card Reader Problem

Discus and support SD Card Reader Problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I'm running Windows 10 and the SD Card reader has changed. Before when I entered the SD card into the slot it would appear (like the first image)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by 6OwO9, Jun 19, 2020.

1. 6OwO9 Win User

SD Card Reader Problem

Hi, I'm running Windows 10 and the SD Card reader has changed. Before when I entered the SD card into the slot it would appear (like the first image) on the Device and Drivers. But now it only appears like (the second image) all the time and won't open. Anyway time I try to open it I always get the prompt shown on the third image.

Is there any way to revert it back to the old way? Or maybe another way I can open my SD card again on this computer?

SD Card Reader Problem [​IMG]

:)

6OwO9, Jun 19, 2020
  2. bradleyb Win User

SD card/SD card reader no longer working

Hi. New to this so not sure of category.
    I have a Lenovo G70. Windows 10, 64bit
    My SD card reader has stopped working.
    In Device Manager, the SD card is not listed.
    I can't format the card as it is not listed.
    I cannot locate the card at all as it is not listed anywhere.
    I've tried chkdsk and get 'Cannot open volume for direct access'
    I don't even have the icon displaying when micro SD card is inserted.
    It did work previously but I had errors. Scanning and fixing did not help.
    I place the SD card in my Android phone and it works fine.
    Please help!
    Thank you for any assistance.

bradleyb, Jun 19, 2020
  3. Berton Win User
    SD card/SD card reader no longer working

Bradleyb, in your Device Manager do you have anything listed in Storage Controllers? I get an entry for MMC/SD. I just checked a 1GB SD card and a 4GB SDHC card, both worked in File Explorer to show their contents.

Side note: A caveat for such cards is that if they are to be used in a camera they need to be formatted in the camera, not in Windows.

Berton, Jun 19, 2020
  4. Eric Ber Win User

SD Card Reader Problem

SD Card reader not working.

Hi,

There are several reasons why your SD card reader is not working. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What are the other troubleshooting steps have you done so for?
    • Have you tried to use another SD card reader and see if it is getting recognized or detected by your computer?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

SD Card Reader Problem

1. SD Card Reader Problem - Similar Threads - Card Reader Problem

2. SD Card reader

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SD Card reader: I have an external sd card reader and it wont work on my pc. It works on my laptop and other stuff but it only doesnt work on this pc. It only recognizes the sd card reader as USB3.0 Card Reader but it wont read the sd card at all. I even tried buying and using another sd...
  3. SD card reader?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SD card reader?: Hello! I cant access my SD card Transcend SDHC 8GB. When I plug it into my laptop, it doesn't get recognized. I installed the driver software from the Dell website my computer is a Dell Inspiron 3543 and restarted it but nothings working, I cannot actually see the SD card...
  4. SD Card Reader Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    SD Card Reader Problem: Hi, I'm running Windows 10 and the SD Card reader has changed. Before when I entered the SD card into the slot it would appear (like the first image) on the Device and Drivers. But now it only appears like (the second image) all the time and won't open. Anyway time I try to...
  5. sd card reader

sd card reader: Hi, I have been running a lenovo Z70-80 with a partitioned hard drive with a windows 7 \ linux dual boot setup. It all worked fine until I upgraded to windows 10. After I updated all the drivers everything worked well except the sd card reader. This will keep disconnecting or...
  6. SD Card Reader

SD Card Reader: Hi Every SD card I plug in to my PC says it is Write Protected. I have tried everything I can find on internet to fix this but to no avail. Can anyone help please? 146468
  7. Sd Card reader

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sd Card reader: Can Someone help Me. Ive Tried Everything But My Sd card reader wont work. How do i get my laptop to recognize that there is even a Sd card in it . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-reader/bc9ec34c-018b-485b-abbb-c6f2ec864929"
  8. SD Card Reader

SD Card Reader: I have Windows 10 and my SD card reader is not recognized. I have tried everything on the earlier post and none have worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-reader/d927df68-eac3-4356-8c18-4cd339419e75
  9. sd card reader

sd card reader: My sd card reader isn't working .How can I get it back on ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-reader/a9ecbe8c-3206-454a-960a-8b6f6ce13e12
  10. SD card reader problem

SD card reader problem: Hi, so my father was using a Windows 7 machine, and with this PC he would use a verbatim 15in1 reader. When he would insert his card, Windows would allow him to automatically move any picture and video files to a specific sub folder on his hard drive and also label each file...