Windows 10: SD card reader problem

Discus and support SD card reader problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, so my father was using a Windows 7 machine, and with this PC he would use a verbatim 15in1 reader. When he would insert his card, Windows would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Winneh da Pu, Jan 19, 2018.

1. SD card reader problem

Hi, so my father was using a Windows 7 machine, and with this PC he would use a verbatim 15in1 reader. When he would insert his card, Windows would allow him to automatically move any picture and video files to a specific sub folder on his hard drive and also label each file with the current date.

Now he's on Windows 10 and using the built in reader on the XPS 8700 I upgraded him to, but he is unable to get the same results on this PC. Even when using the verbatim reader it still does nothing when he inserts his card and he had to manually move the files in explorer, and is limited to one folder that Windows selected, even though he wants the location to default to a sub folder.

Any recommendations?

Also, another problem that's happening is that he is unable to right click on file explorer without the cursor giving him the blue circle of death.

I ran SFC /scannow in an elevated command prompt but it came back clean. This makes the PC almost unusable as right clicking on explorer is needed.

Any help is appreciated.

:)

Winneh da Pu, Jan 19, 2018

2. My Windows 10 PC does not recognize my Windows 10 Mobile Lumia 735

Just to verify, which SD card reader is not working? Is it the SD card reader of your Lumia or is it the SD card reader of your computer?

Ruizell Rey, Jan 19, 2018
  3. SD card

An external SD reader. Okay, got it, Scott!

Have you tried plugging the external SD reader on a different device? A different PC or a laptop, perhaps? How about the SD card using a different reader? This is to make sure that we're not having a problem with the hardware or the SD card itself.

Just to confirm, does the external SD reader have an installer with it or the like?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Michelle Her, Jan 19, 2018
  4. dalchina New Member

SD card reader problem

This sort of thing is often reported if you mean explorer crashes and restarts. You will find the usual advice is to diagnose 3rd party shell extensions using
    Shellexview (free- download, install)
    Shellmenuview
    by a process of elimination.
    Avoid disabling any MS extensions.

No need to log off after disabling/enabling.

However if by 'blue circle of death' you mean a BSOD, that may be something else.

When you get his machine fixed, make sure you create a disk image as we so often recommend (e.g. Macrium Reflect (free)).

dalchina, Jan 19, 2018
  5. Hi, thanks I'll try the shellexview option and hopefully find the culprit. And I meant BCOD, blue circle of death, thankfully not a BSOD.

Winneh da Pu, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

SD card reader problem

1. SD card reader problem - Similar Threads - card reader problem

2. SD Card reader

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SD Card reader: I have an external sd card reader and it wont work on my pc. It works on my laptop and other stuff but it only doesnt work on this pc. It only recognizes the sd card reader as USB3.0 Card Reader but it wont read the sd card at all. I even tried buying and using another sd...
  3. SD card reader?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SD card reader?: Hello! I cant access my SD card Transcend SDHC 8GB. When I plug it into my laptop, it doesn't get recognized. I installed the driver software from the Dell website my computer is a Dell Inspiron 3543 and restarted it but nothings working, I cannot actually see the SD card...
  4. SD Card Reader Problem

SD Card Reader Problem: Hi, I'm running Windows 10 and the SD Card reader has changed. Before when I entered the SD card into the slot it would appear (like the first image) on the Device and Drivers. But now it only appears like (the second image) all the time and won't open. Anyway time I try to...
  5. SD Card Reader Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    SD Card Reader Problem: Hi, I'm running Windows 10 and the SD Card reader has changed. Before when I entered the SD card into the slot it would appear (like the first image) on the Device and Drivers. But now it only appears like (the second image) all the time and won't open. Anyway time I try to...
  6. sd card reader

sd card reader: Hi, I have been running a lenovo Z70-80 with a partitioned hard drive with a windows 7 \ linux dual boot setup. It all worked fine until I upgraded to windows 10. After I updated all the drivers everything worked well except the sd card reader. This will keep disconnecting or...
  7. SD Card Reader

SD Card Reader: Hi Every SD card I plug in to my PC says it is Write Protected. I have tried everything I can find on internet to fix this but to no avail. Can anyone help please? 146468
  8. Sd Card reader

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sd Card reader: Can Someone help Me. Ive Tried Everything But My Sd card reader wont work. How do i get my laptop to recognize that there is even a Sd card in it . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-reader/bc9ec34c-018b-485b-abbb-c6f2ec864929"
  9. SD Card Reader

SD Card Reader: I have Windows 10 and my SD card reader is not recognized. I have tried everything on the earlier post and none have worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-reader/d927df68-eac3-4356-8c18-4cd339419e75
  10. sd card reader

sd card reader: My sd card reader isn't working .How can I get it back on ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-reader/a9ecbe8c-3206-454a-960a-8b6f6ce13e12