Windows 10: SD card reader slot is unresponsive

Discus and support SD card reader slot is unresponsive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; SD card reader slot is unresponsive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GarthGunther, Mar 11, 2019.

1. SD card reader slot is unresponsive

SD card reader slot is unresponsive

:)

GarthGunther, Mar 11, 2019
  2. boomergfz Win User

SD memory Card Reader/ Slot is not working on Windows 10

My Solution....

I had a recent update on Win10 around 24th of Sept. 2016...on my Dual OS ONDA brand Win10/Android Tablet.

Built in SD card slot would not read card.... read the boards here...pretty funny, yet SAD.... I am with you my fellow frustrated MS users, (do a youtube search for Happiness Is No Charge, and you can take down your frustration if you get the Kindle Book....

But I did THIS....

I had my SD card in the slot. And REBOOTED with my Multicard reader with a 8gb card in the Micro slot.... after getting to the desktop, checked This PC...and selected This PC on the left list of places, and BOTH were there!!!! The Multicard Micro SD, AND
    my D:/ Drive SD CARD.... Shutdown, and unplugged the Multicard reader, and rebooted.... the D:/ drive SD CARD is STILL THERE.... just did this... so it WORKS.... Hope this is helpful, and solves your issue....

Someone at Microsoft needs to be raked over the coals.... probably all of them.... SD card reader slot is unresponsive :)

boomergfz, Mar 11, 2019
  3. SD Card Slot

• Can said SD card be read on other systems?
    • Is the device driver for the SD reader connected/internal to your computer installed and working properly?
    • Can it read other SD cards?
    • What file format is the SD card in question formatted with?

Shenan Stanley, Mar 11, 2019
  4. SD card reader slot is unresponsive

SD memory Card Reader/ Slot is not working on Windows 10

I have an Advent desktop (QC-6003) Core-2 Quad with 8Gb of RAM and a fitted card-reader with 4 card slots SD, CF (Compact Flash) and 2 others I never use. I upgraded the machine from Windows Vista to Windows-7 and then to Windows-10 as soon as it came out.
    The card reader slots worked fine - no issues.

I then upgraded to Windows-10 1511 and again the card-reader slots continued to work without issue.

I again updated to Windows-10 to the Anniversary Update (Version: 1607 Build: 14393.82) and now the card-reader slots no longer work. When I put an SD or a Compact Flash (CF) card in the cards are not recognised and nothing happens at all. I have tried
    the Hardware Trouble Shooter and it finds nothing; no problems or issues at all. I have the latest drivers for both the card slots and for the chipset on the motherboard and Device Manager shows them to be the latest and indicates that they are working properly.
    I am fully up to date with ALL the Windows Updates. Despite all of the above the slots do not work and cards when inserted are unrecognised.

I even got to the point of wondering if the card reader assembly had become disconnected inside the box - so I checked but no it/they are still connected AND when a card is inserted into a slot the small green LED light alongside comes on !!

I am baffled and do not know what to do/try next. Any help or suggestions would be most gratefully received !!!!!!!!!!!!! Come on Microsoft - get this sorted ASAP - please !!!!

Steve

SteveMcBill, Mar 11, 2019
Thema:

SD card reader slot is unresponsive

1. SD card reader slot is unresponsive - Similar Threads - card reader slot

2. SD Card reader

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SD Card reader: I have an external sd card reader and it wont work on my pc. It works on my laptop and other stuff but it only doesnt work on this pc. It only recognizes the sd card reader as USB3.0 Card Reader but it wont read the sd card at all. I even tried buying and using another sd...
  3. SD card reader?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SD card reader?: Hello! I cant access my SD card Transcend SDHC 8GB. When I plug it into my laptop, it doesn't get recognized. I installed the driver software from the Dell website my computer is a Dell Inspiron 3543 and restarted it but nothings working, I cannot actually see the SD card...
  4. sd card reader

sd card reader: Hi, I have been running a lenovo Z70-80 with a partitioned hard drive with a windows 7 \ linux dual boot setup. It all worked fine until I upgraded to windows 10. After I updated all the drivers everything worked well except the sd card reader. This will keep disconnecting or...
  5. SD Card Reader

SD Card Reader: Hi Every SD card I plug in to my PC says it is Write Protected. I have tried everything I can find on internet to fix this but to no avail. Can anyone help please? 146468
  6. Sd Card reader

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sd Card reader: Can Someone help Me. Ive Tried Everything But My Sd card reader wont work. How do i get my laptop to recognize that there is even a Sd card in it . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-reader/bc9ec34c-018b-485b-abbb-c6f2ec864929"
  7. SD Card Reader

SD Card Reader: I have Windows 10 and my SD card reader is not recognized. I have tried everything on the earlier post and none have worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-reader/d927df68-eac3-4356-8c18-4cd339419e75
  8. sd card reader

sd card reader: My sd card reader isn't working .How can I get it back on ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-reader/a9ecbe8c-3206-454a-960a-8b6f6ce13e12
  9. Sd Card Slot

Sd Card Slot: Hi, I have an issue with my card reader it worked fine yesterday, but now when I insert my sd card into the reader on my laptop it does not make a sound or anything. I have a new Dell XPS 15 9570, any help would be much appreciated as I am at a loss. The card works fine if I...
  10. sd card slot

sd card slot: reinstalled 10 after your update wiped my whole system out. Now i have no sd slots cant find drives another dayswork lost https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-slot/9af25310-8acc-4762-ae10-457cc2f406e3