Windows 10: SD card reader

Discus and support SD card reader in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am having a problem with my SD card reader - I used to insert the card and it would read off the photos right away. Now it is telling me that I need... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Katycarcan, Mar 5, 2019.

1. SD card reader

I am having a problem with my SD card reader - I used to insert the card and it would read off the photos right away. Now it is telling me that I need to format the card to driver G - I don't recall the drive being G. I took the card home and my computer at home can read it fine - the drive there is F - so not sure if the drive has been changed and how do I fit this - both computers have windows 10 and have had them for 2 years

:)

Katycarcan, Mar 5, 2019
  2. Eric Ber Win User

SD Card reader not working.

Hi,

There are several reasons why your SD card reader is not working. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What are the other troubleshooting steps have you done so for?
    • Have you tried to use another SD card reader and see if it is getting recognized or detected by your computer?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Mar 5, 2019
  3. Boot from SD card Reader?

It likely depends on what the BIOS thinks the device is? If it shows up like a USB thumb drive it should work. If it requires drivers to even be detected it won't.
    I know I wish I could boot from the built in SD Card reader in my laptop but the BIOS does not even see it. It's not listed as a boot option even with a bootable SD card in it.

alphanumeric, Mar 5, 2019
  4. sygnus21 Win User

SD card reader

Boot from SD card Reader?

Thanks guys. It looks like it basically comes down to what the BIOS thinks of the card reader, and if it even sees it.

That's basically one of the questions there... since the machine has a card reader built in, can they boot from an SD card?

As stated, it just comes down to what the BIOS thinks and does.

Thanks for all the replies. Will link this thread over there.

@ Indianatone, that's good info with the screen shots

Peace *Cool

sygnus21, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

SD card reader

1. SD card reader - Similar Threads - card reader

2. Windows 10 Won't recognize card reader after upgrading. Driver not found or compatible

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Won't recognize card reader after upgrading. Driver not found or compatible: Windows 10 Won't recognize card reader after upgrading. Driver not found or compatibleIn my case, windows 10 could not find a compatible driver. I went to Device Manager, update driver, Browse Computer, Let me pick, and selected Digital Media Device....
  3. Windows 10 will not turn on/restart with card reader plugged.

Windows 10 will not turn on/restart with card reader plugged.: Hey guys, this is whats happening to meI own a Kingstom FCR-HS4 card reader, it works just fine in my laptop.It works too in my main PC, it reades the card normally.The problem is when I need to turn off the PC and turn on or just a restart, Windows will not start. The BSOD...
  4. I can no longer use Photo app to view files in my card reader, and scroll through

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can no longer use Photo app to view files in my card reader, and scroll through: I can no longer use Photo app to view files in my card reader, I can open one, but then the next image will be from my pc, so I cannot scroll through, or navigate using direction arrows. My photo app was recently updated, but it was still able to access it properly, but has...
  5. "The driver detected a controller error on" card reader after suspend

"The driver detected a controller error on" card reader after suspend: Moin. I'm running Windows 21H1 (19043.1081) and recently discovered that every time my PC wakes up after sleep mode, I get 2-4 errors in the event viewer like this: The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk8\DR8. The Harddisk number covers several, and all of...
  6. SD Card Reader

SD Card Reader: My computer no longer recognizes and/or reads SD cards. That drive/slot does not appear on My Computer any longer. I need that very badly. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-reader/f307ee1e-8d96-46f6-b1a4-9f65bd81dd89
  7. Card readers not working on latest version of Windows 10 Pro

Card readers not working on latest version of Windows 10 Pro: Hi all,I have two plug and play card readers - OneSpan Digipass 905 and Sitecom MD-064. I'm trying to use them to read my ID card using Windows 10 Pro. But neither of them seem to be recognized as USB devices by the OS.I've tried stopping and re-starting up the smart card...
  8. reader works with one sd card but not the other

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    reader works with one sd card but not the other: on win 10, my new sd/micro sd card reader says it support sdxc as well as sdhc on the manual. idk if it makes a difference but my sdxc card says it is 3d nand. anyways, the reader reads my sdhc card but not my sdxc card. this happened with another reader and it still doesnt...
  9. win 10 usb memory card reader driver

win 10 usb memory card reader driver: one minute i can read data from the usb memory card reader the next i cannot and there's a website asking me for £50 which i haven't paid surely i can read a memory card reader data please help...
  10. My USB ports and SD Card reader port will not work. I have tried everything that I have...

My USB ports and SD Card reader port will not work. I have tried everything that I have...: My usb ports and sd card reader port have quit working. I have tried everything I have found to fix it without any success. Below is my laptop information. The device mgr says no driver available. I need help. My laptop is only about 2 years old. Also I have included a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 1903 sd card reader dosent work