Windows 10: Sd Card reader

Discus and support Sd Card reader in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Can Someone help Me. Ive Tried Everything But My Sd card reader wont work. How do i get my laptop to recognize that there is even a Sd card in it .... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AveryTheBiBean420, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Sd Card reader

Can Someone help Me.

Ive Tried Everything But My Sd card reader wont work. How do i get my laptop to recognize that there is even a Sd card in it .

:)

AveryTheBiBean420, Jun 25, 2019
  2. Eric Ber Win User

SD Card reader not working.

Hi,

There are several reasons why your SD card reader is not working. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What are the other troubleshooting steps have you done so for?
    • Have you tried to use another SD card reader and see if it is getting recognized or detected by your computer?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Jun 25, 2019
  3. Boot from SD card Reader?

It likely depends on what the BIOS thinks the device is? If it shows up like a USB thumb drive it should work. If it requires drivers to even be detected it won't.
    I know I wish I could boot from the built in SD Card reader in my laptop but the BIOS does not even see it. It's not listed as a boot option even with a bootable SD card in it.

alphanumeric, Jun 25, 2019
  4. sygnus21 Win User

Sd Card reader

Boot from SD card Reader?

Thanks guys. It looks like it basically comes down to what the BIOS thinks of the card reader, and if it even sees it.

That's basically one of the questions there... since the machine has a card reader built in, can they boot from an SD card?

As stated, it just comes down to what the BIOS thinks and does.

Thanks for all the replies. Will link this thread over there.

@ Indianatone, that's good info with the screen shots

Peace *Cool

sygnus21, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

Sd Card reader

1. Sd Card reader - Similar Threads - Card reader

2. How to repair SD Card reader - New

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to repair SD Card reader - New: I have new SD card reader. bought after first one failed. card is inserted into USB Port opposite side of USB then inserted into USB port, SD Card is held internally. Same as old reader, nothing. I check port with thumb drive, reads ok. Port ok. These are 2.0 USB Ports...
  3. How to repair SD Card reader - New

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to repair SD Card reader - New: I have new SD card reader. bought after first one failed. card is inserted into USB Port opposite side of USB then inserted into USB port, SD Card is held internally. Same as old reader, nothing. I check port with thumb drive, reads ok. Port ok. These are 2.0 USB Ports...
  4. How to repair SD Card reader - New

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 11 Home does not detect my CF Express Type B/XQD card reader and card.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Home does not detect my CF Express Type B/XQD card reader and card.: HiI have a card reader that can take CF express cards and sd cards.When i put a sd card in the reader it shows up and I can access the card, but when I put the CF express card in there nothing shows up.If I go to control panel it shows something is plugged in but when i look...
  6. Windows 11 Home does not detect my CF Express Type B/XQD card reader and card.

Windows 11 Home does not detect my CF Express Type B/XQD card reader and card.: HiI have a card reader that can take CF express cards and sd cards.When i put a sd card in the reader it shows up and I can access the card, but when I put the CF express card in there nothing shows up.If I go to control panel it shows something is plugged in but when i look...
  7. Can a SD card memory reader also successfully read a sdhc card ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can a SD card memory reader also successfully read a sdhc card ?: Hey there, if anyone can answer me it would be greatly appreciated.Can a SD card memory reader also successfully read a sdhc card ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-a-sd-card-memory-reader-also-successfully-read/b47399a7-4ab3-4304-8749-20598f4a5814
  8. Can a SD card memory reader also successfully read a sdhc card ?

Can a SD card memory reader also successfully read a sdhc card ?: Hey there, if anyone can answer me it would be greatly appreciated.Can a SD card memory reader also successfully read a sdhc card ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-a-sd-card-memory-reader-also-successfully-read/b47399a7-4ab3-4304-8749-20598f4a5814
  9. My new Acer laptop with Windows 11 everytime I try to use a card reader to download my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My new Acer laptop with Windows 11 everytime I try to use a card reader to download my...: When I put my card readers into the USB slots on the laptop it keeps putting a pop up saying You need to format the disk in drive :E before you can use it. giving you the option to format or cancel. Obviously I don't want to format the SD card as this would wipe the photos...
  10. My new Acer laptop with Windows 11 everytime I try to use a card reader to download my...

My new Acer laptop with Windows 11 everytime I try to use a card reader to download my...: When I put my card readers into the USB slots on the laptop it keeps putting a pop up saying You need to format the disk in drive :E before you can use it. giving you the option to format or cancel. Obviously I don't want to format the SD card as this would wipe the photos...