Windows 10: Sd Card reader

Discus and support Sd Card reader in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Can Someone help Me. Ive Tried Everything But My Sd card reader wont work. How do i get my laptop to recognize that there is even a Sd card in it .... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AveryTheBiBean420, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Sd Card reader

Can Someone help Me.

Ive Tried Everything But My Sd card reader wont work. How do i get my laptop to recognize that there is even a Sd card in it .

:)

AveryTheBiBean420, Jun 25, 2019
  2. Eric Ber Win User

SD Card reader not working.

Hi,

There are several reasons why your SD card reader is not working. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What are the other troubleshooting steps have you done so for?
    • Have you tried to use another SD card reader and see if it is getting recognized or detected by your computer?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Jun 25, 2019
  3. Boot from SD card Reader?

It likely depends on what the BIOS thinks the device is? If it shows up like a USB thumb drive it should work. If it requires drivers to even be detected it won't.
    I know I wish I could boot from the built in SD Card reader in my laptop but the BIOS does not even see it. It's not listed as a boot option even with a bootable SD card in it.

alphanumeric, Jun 25, 2019
  4. sygnus21 Win User

Sd Card reader

Boot from SD card Reader?

Thanks guys. It looks like it basically comes down to what the BIOS thinks of the card reader, and if it even sees it.

That's basically one of the questions there... since the machine has a card reader built in, can they boot from an SD card?

As stated, it just comes down to what the BIOS thinks and does.

Thanks for all the replies. Will link this thread over there.

@ Indianatone, that's good info with the screen shots

Peace *Cool

sygnus21, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

Sd Card reader

1. Sd Card reader - Similar Threads - Card reader

2. SCR 3310 card reader not working properly on Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SCR 3310 card reader not working properly on Win 11: Please see attached pic. So I have installed everything needed to login to .mil sites certs, software, etc. and everything works up until it prompts me to enter my pin. The reader is brand new swapped it out thinking it was the issue. I just get the prompt you can see in the...
  3. SCR 3310 card reader not working properly on Win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SCR 3310 card reader not working properly on Win 11: Please see attached pic. So I have installed everything needed to login to .mil sites certs, software, etc. and everything works up until it prompts me to enter my pin. The reader is brand new swapped it out thinking it was the issue. I just get the prompt you can see in the...
  4. SD card Reader not functioning in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SD card Reader not functioning in Windows 11: Cannot detect my SD card reader in Windows 11-tried everything and even went to HP website to attempt to download the driver and the site says "no driver available for your OS" what can I do to get the SD reader to function?...
  5. SD card Reader not functioning in Windows 11

SD card Reader not functioning in Windows 11: Cannot detect my SD card reader in Windows 11-tried everything and even went to HP website to attempt to download the driver and the site says "no driver available for your OS" what can I do to get the SD reader to function?...
  6. Why does my smart card reader not work on my new laptop with Windows 11 Home?

Why does my smart card reader not work on my new laptop with Windows 11 Home?: I recently purchased a new PC laptop and am unable to use my smart card reader SCR3310 v2.0 to access my work accounts. My employer recently transitioned to a more secure virtual desktop for email and I need my smart card reader to access it. I have used the same smart card...
  7. Why does my smart card reader not work on my new laptop with Windows 11 Home?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my smart card reader not work on my new laptop with Windows 11 Home?: I recently purchased a new PC laptop and am unable to use my smart card reader SCR3310 v2.0 to access my work accounts. My employer recently transitioned to a more secure virtual desktop for email and I need my smart card reader to access it. I have used the same smart card...
  8. Smart Card Reader suddenly stopped working on Windows 11

Smart Card Reader suddenly stopped working on Windows 11: I was just using my Identiv SCR3500C Smart Card reader to access secure files for work. Out of nowhere, my CAC reader suddenly stopped working. The issue will state "No Client Certificate presented". Basically it doesn't seem like the smart card reader wants to engage when it...
  9. Smart Card Reader suddenly stopped working on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Smart Card Reader suddenly stopped working on Windows 11: I was just using my Identiv SCR3500C Smart Card reader to access secure files for work. Out of nowhere, my CAC reader suddenly stopped working. The issue will state "No Client Certificate presented". Basically it doesn't seem like the smart card reader wants to engage when it...
  10. I uninstalled the sd card reader on my pc and now have no idea how to reinstall it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I uninstalled the sd card reader on my pc and now have no idea how to reinstall it.: I originally had clicked the wrong item to import photos from the sd card. It no longer would give me the option on which file I wanted the photos to go. So I uninstalled it and have no idea how to reinstall the card reader. Any suggestions? I'm truly at my wits end....