Windows 10: SD card reader

Discus and support SD card reader in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; SD card reader not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-reader/52d45a4b-84c2-48db-8cc6-d1f2b045b95e Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BGilbertR1, Aug 10, 2019.

1. SD card reader

SD card reader not working

:)

BGilbertR1, Aug 10, 2019
  2. Eric Ber Win User

SD Card reader not working.

Hi,

There are several reasons why your SD card reader is not working. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What are the other troubleshooting steps have you done so for?
    • Have you tried to use another SD card reader and see if it is getting recognized or detected by your computer?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Aug 10, 2019
  3. Boot from SD card Reader?

It likely depends on what the BIOS thinks the device is? If it shows up like a USB thumb drive it should work. If it requires drivers to even be detected it won't.
    I know I wish I could boot from the built in SD Card reader in my laptop but the BIOS does not even see it. It's not listed as a boot option even with a bootable SD card in it.

alphanumeric, Aug 10, 2019
  4. sygnus21 Win User

SD card reader

Boot from SD card Reader?

Thanks guys. It looks like it basically comes down to what the BIOS thinks of the card reader, and if it even sees it.

That's basically one of the questions there... since the machine has a card reader built in, can they boot from an SD card?

As stated, it just comes down to what the BIOS thinks and does.

Thanks for all the replies. Will link this thread over there.

@ Indianatone, that's good info with the screen shots

Peace *Cool

sygnus21, Aug 10, 2019
Thema:

SD card reader

1. SD card reader - Similar Threads - card reader

2. I have a cac card reader, installed the certificates, but windows won't read my cac card....

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have a cac card reader, installed the certificates, but windows won't read my cac card....: I'm trying to use access cac card required sites on my home personal computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-cac-card-reader-installed-the/933a196c-5da6-4cb2-8401-b1401bfe5011
  3. sd card reader

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    sd card reader: All of a sudden my card reader doesn't show up. I made sure I have the most up to date windows 10, but still not signs of the card reader anymore. WTH? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-reader/e0a41f7d-928d-498e-a002-fc235d8f8c00"
  4. memery card reader

in Windows 10 Customization
    memery card reader: Help? I am running a home built machine, running Win 10, I do pluck around with settings on my machine! I am having a problem reading my memory cards they were working most of the time but now even in the Administrative Tools-Computer Tools-Disk Management does not see...
  5. Internal SD card reader not recognized

Internal SD card reader not recognized: Hello This is an old problem. I got an internal all in one reader. The USB port is working but the sd card is not recognized. When I put a SD card in it, the PC is do run and try to read it but no error message is shown. In the disk management, the E\ drive is set to SD...
  6. sd card reader not showing on explorer

sd card reader not showing on explorer: sd card reader not showing on explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-reader-not-showing-on-explorer/75cdc18e-6091-460f-9380-db31bce46b8f
  7. SD card reader gone again!!!!

SD card reader gone again!!!!: Beyond frustrated with these Windows updates. Anyone know how to reinstall the SD driver? It's like it doesn't exist, and it came with the laptop!!! Microsoft, please work this kink out. Thank you for any help....
  8. SD Card readers don't work with Windows 10 for last month or so

SD Card readers don't work with Windows 10 for last month or so: I have two computers, one running Windows 10 Home (An Asus motherboard, AMD processor) and the other a Windows 10 Pro running an Intel motherboard and i5 processor. My card readers (3) are Inland, Delkin and Vantec, all using USB 2.0. Testing with SD cards from 4 to 32 MB,...
  9. BSOD with auto reboot after removing sd chip from card reader after getting ok from...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD with auto reboot after removing sd chip from card reader after getting ok from...: I had an issue with windows not recognizing when I insert my sd card. After doing all the suggested things and having a updated version installed, it worked as it should. That is until I take the chip out. The moment it comes out the screen turns blue, has a QR box to scan...
  10. Sd Card reader

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sd Card reader: Can Someone help Me. Ive Tried Everything But My Sd card reader wont work. How do i get my laptop to recognize that there is even a Sd card in it . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-reader/bc9ec34c-018b-485b-abbb-c6f2ec864929"