Windows 10: SD card reader

Discus and support SD card reader in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i have a laptop running windows 10, but it won't recognize my SD card. It has found my external hard drive no problem. can someone help me get it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BobParker6, Sep 9, 2019.

1. SD card reader

i have a laptop running windows 10, but it won't recognize my SD card.

It has found my external hard drive no problem.

can someone help me get it sorted.

:)

BobParker6, Sep 9, 2019
  2. Eric Ber Win User

SD Card reader not working.

Hi,

There are several reasons why your SD card reader is not working. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What are the other troubleshooting steps have you done so for?
    • Have you tried to use another SD card reader and see if it is getting recognized or detected by your computer?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Sep 9, 2019
  3. Boot from SD card Reader?

It likely depends on what the BIOS thinks the device is? If it shows up like a USB thumb drive it should work. If it requires drivers to even be detected it won't.
    I know I wish I could boot from the built in SD Card reader in my laptop but the BIOS does not even see it. It's not listed as a boot option even with a bootable SD card in it.

alphanumeric, Sep 9, 2019
  4. SD card reader

Enabling SD card reader

Hi John,

To isolate your concern, we would like to know the following:

• Have you tried inserting your SD card reader on a different computer? If yes, how was it?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve this?

For possible resolution, insert the SD card and run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter. You may follow the steps below:

• Click Windows.
    • Type Troubleshooting in the search box, then press Enter.
    • Click Hardware and Sound, and run the Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the On screen instructions. Once this is done, restart the computer, and check the status.

Let us know how it goes.

Michael Gall, Sep 9, 2019
Thema:

SD card reader

1. SD card reader - Similar Threads - card reader

2. smart card reader is not working on lenovo t440

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    smart card reader is not working on lenovo t440: I use a gemalto smart card usb token, wich was used for secure signing of official documents on my laptop until the last major win10 update in august. (1903) After that the gemalto card stopped working... The problem is, that a win10 service for smartcard-s starts and...
  3. SD card reader

SD card reader: SD card will open to file explorer but will not auto play. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-reader/c3ffa0fc-f832-4bd9-8e47-21cd280b5920
  4. Card Reader

Card Reader: I've had windows 10 for at least a year, everything works fine. My card reader worked a few days ago, and now does not seem to recognize the card at all. No sounds come from my laptop when inserted....
  5. Built-in S/D reader is not reading memory card HP Envy

Built-in S/D reader is not reading memory card HP Envy: Hello, When I try to import photos, I continually get an error message saying that no photos were detected. Historically, I have been able to import photo and then my computer could no longer detect one of my two memory cards and now cannot detect either card. I took card...
  6. Windows 10 1903 upgrade - ASUS X205TA keyboard+touchpad+sound+sd card reader no longer work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 1903 upgrade - ASUS X205TA keyboard+touchpad+sound+sd card reader no longer work: After upgrading to version 1093 on my ASUS X205TA notebook computer (32-bit), the keyboard, touchpad, sound input, sound output, and sd card reader no longer worked. Tried Microsoft troubleshooting routines to no avail. Has anyone encountered and overcome these problems?...
  7. Panasonic Internal SD Card Reader not reading card AFTER Windows 10 upgrade

Panasonic Internal SD Card Reader not reading card AFTER Windows 10 upgrade: I have a Panasonic CF-52 toughbook that ha an internal SD card reader. The card reader was working fine with Windows 7 until I upgraded to Windows 10 last month. I have all of the current Windows updates and have read all of the similar posts but have not been able to get...
  8. Verbatim Card Reader All-in-1 / USB 3.0

Verbatim Card Reader All-in-1 / USB 3.0: Hi, I have just purchased the above-mentioned card reader and when I plug it into a port on my Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series laptop with my SanDisk Extreme Pro 170 MB 128 GB memory card for my Nikon D850 camera a small window pops up advising me F:/ The directory name is...
  9. sd card reader quit working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    sd card reader quit working: card reader suddenly no longer works https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-reader-quit-working/cd4b77d8-eaa2-4b05-92b3-a1b3de45b8f3"
  10. seeing hat is on scandisc card with card reader

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    seeing hat is on scandisc card with card reader: How do I find out what is on a micro sd card using a card reader? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/seeing-hat-is-on-scandisc-card-with-card-reader/935a2a5c-7cd6-4fb2-a60a-69c5acb4ef68"