Windows 10: sd card reader

Discus and support sd card reader in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have been running a lenovo Z70-80 with a partitioned hard drive with a windows 7 \ linux dual boot setup. It all worked fine until I upgraded to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by frank1006, May 9, 2020.

1. frank1006 Win User

sd card reader

Hi, I have been running a lenovo Z70-80 with a partitioned hard drive with a windows 7 \ linux dual boot setup. It all worked fine until I upgraded to windows 10. After I updated all the drivers everything worked well except the sd card reader. This will keep disconnecting or telling me it is an invalid drive location. The sd card works fine on linux, so it is a windows issue. I would guess a driver. Now lenovo have a driver for the sd on their website that i have downloaded and installed, but looking at the device manager, the sd card reader is driven by microsoft storage spaces controller. I can not figure out how to remove that driver and use the lenovo one. Is there anything I am missing or any recommendations you can give me. It is windows 64 bit as was windows 7 prior to upgrade

:)

frank1006, May 9, 2020
  2. bradleyb Win User

SD card/SD card reader no longer working

Hi. New to this so not sure of category.
    I have a Lenovo G70. Windows 10, 64bit
    My SD card reader has stopped working.
    In Device Manager, the SD card is not listed.
    I can't format the card as it is not listed.
    I cannot locate the card at all as it is not listed anywhere.
    I've tried chkdsk and get 'Cannot open volume for direct access'
    I don't even have the icon displaying when micro SD card is inserted.
    It did work previously but I had errors. Scanning and fixing did not help.
    I place the SD card in my Android phone and it works fine.
    Please help!
    Thank you for any assistance.

bradleyb, May 9, 2020
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    SD Card reader not working.

Hi,

There are several reasons why your SD card reader is not working. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What are the other troubleshooting steps have you done so for?
    • Have you tried to use another SD card reader and see if it is getting recognized or detected by your computer?

Regards.

Eric Ber, May 9, 2020
  4. Berton Win User

sd card reader

SD card/SD card reader no longer working

Bradleyb, in your Device Manager do you have anything listed in Storage Controllers? I get an entry for MMC/SD. I just checked a 1GB SD card and a 4GB SDHC card, both worked in File Explorer to show their contents.

sd card reader [​IMG]

Side note: A caveat for such cards is that if they are to be used in a camera they need to be formatted in the camera, not in Windows.

Berton, May 9, 2020
Thema:

sd card reader

1. sd card reader - Similar Threads - card reader

2. My new Acer laptop with Windows 11 everytime I try to use a card reader to download my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My new Acer laptop with Windows 11 everytime I try to use a card reader to download my...: When I put my card readers into the USB slots on the laptop it keeps putting a pop up saying You need to format the disk in drive :E before you can use it. giving you the option to format or cancel. Obviously I don't want to format the SD card as this would wipe the photos...
  3. My new Acer laptop with Windows 11 everytime I try to use a card reader to download my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My new Acer laptop with Windows 11 everytime I try to use a card reader to download my...: When I put my card readers into the USB slots on the laptop it keeps putting a pop up saying You need to format the disk in drive :E before you can use it. giving you the option to format or cancel. Obviously I don't want to format the SD card as this would wipe the photos...
  4. How do I reset how a card reader handles files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reset how a card reader handles files?: The first time I plugged in a card reader, I was asked how I wanted to handle the files from that point on. I stupidly clicked on import when I should have clicked on open and review. How do I reset so that is what will happen in the future? Thanks for any assistance - I'm...
  5. How do I reset how a card reader handles files?

How do I reset how a card reader handles files?: The first time I plugged in a card reader, I was asked how I wanted to handle the files from that point on. I stupidly clicked on import when I should have clicked on open and review. How do I reset so that is what will happen in the future? Thanks for any assistance - I'm...
  6. How do I reset how a card reader handles files?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows 11 does not recognize CFExpress Type B/XQD card reader

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 does not recognize CFExpress Type B/XQD card reader: Hello Support Team,Windows 11 Home does not detect my CFExpress Type B/XQD card reader, it is brand now, so, I do not know if the reader was detected before any Windows update.I tested the reader in another computer with Windows 11 Pro and it works fine.Please help me solve...
  8. Windows 11 does not recognize CFExpress Type B/XQD card reader

Windows 11 does not recognize CFExpress Type B/XQD card reader: Hello Support Team,Windows 11 Home does not detect my CFExpress Type B/XQD card reader, it is brand now, so, I do not know if the reader was detected before any Windows update.I tested the reader in another computer with Windows 11 Pro and it works fine.Please help me solve...
  9. CFexpress Type B Card Readers not recognized on Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CFexpress Type B Card Readers not recognized on Windows 10 PC: Sometime in the last month, my Windows 10 PC has changed. I didn't install any new programs. When I insert my Sony MRW-G1 CFexpress Type B Card Reader, the drive letter isn't displayed on Windows explorer, so I can no longer access the card. I also have a ProGrade Digital...
  10. CFexpress Type B Card Readers not recognized on Windows 10 PC

CFexpress Type B Card Readers not recognized on Windows 10 PC: Sometime in the last month, my Windows 10 PC has changed. I didn't install any new programs. When I insert my Sony MRW-G1 CFexpress Type B Card Reader, the drive letter isn't displayed on Windows explorer, so I can no longer access the card. I also have a ProGrade Digital...