Windows 10: SD Card readers don't work with Windows 10 for last month or so

Discus and support SD Card readers don't work with Windows 10 for last month or so in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have two computers, one running Windows 10 Home (An Asus motherboard, AMD processor) and the other a Windows 10 Pro running an Intel motherboard and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PeteSmith1, Jul 9, 2019.

1. SD Card readers don't work with Windows 10 for last month or so

I have two computers, one running Windows 10 Home (An Asus motherboard, AMD processor) and the other a Windows 10 Pro running an Intel motherboard and i5 processor. My card readers (3) are Inland, Delkin and Vantec, all using USB 2.0. Testing with SD cards from 4 to 32 MB, formatted either in FAT or FAT32.

About a month ago (May 2019), micro SD card reading began to get erratic on both machines, with all 3 card readers. It got progressively worse until now I have no SD card reader functionality. Occasionally one or the other reader can display the top-level directory of an SD card, but I cannot format or otherwise work with the cards.

Because of my hardware situation, described above, it appears that Windows 10 is the only common denominator, and considering that this problem only began recently, I have to suspect a Windows 10 update.

I have tried every suggestion I have seen on the Net, particularly involving reinstalling or re-enabling the card drivers, making me think that the solution lies with Microsoft. Has anyone else had a similar recent experience? Solved it?

Pete Smith

:)

PeteSmith1, Jul 9, 2019
  2. Jwebb Win User

SD card reader not working after 10586 1511 update

My HP laptop automatically got a new update today. Took almost 35 minutes to get it done. So far the only thing not working is my SD Card Reader. Anyone have any suggestions to get it working, I use it a lot! Hp was originally windows 7 and first windows 10 update was several months ago. The reader was working on that version of 10, not sure which one it was.
    Thanks

Jwebb, Jul 9, 2019
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    SD Card reader not working.

Hi,

There are several reasons why your SD card reader is not working. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What are the other troubleshooting steps have you done so for?
    • Have you tried to use another SD card reader and see if it is getting recognized or detected by your computer?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Jul 9, 2019
  4. SD Card readers don't work with Windows 10 for last month or so

SD card reader problem after updating to Windows 10

After installing windows 10 my card reader will not oper but it does make noise like it is going to open but it doesn`t open it

sweetpee56, Jul 9, 2019
Thema:

SD Card readers don't work with Windows 10 for last month or so

1. SD Card readers don't work with Windows 10 for last month or so - Similar Threads - Card readers don't

2. SD Card reader

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SD Card reader: I have an external sd card reader and it wont work on my pc. It works on my laptop and other stuff but it only doesnt work on this pc. It only recognizes the sd card reader as USB3.0 Card Reader but it wont read the sd card at all. I even tried buying and using another sd...
  3. sd card reader

sd card reader: Hi, I have been running a lenovo Z70-80 with a partitioned hard drive with a windows 7 \ linux dual boot setup. It all worked fine until I upgraded to windows 10. After I updated all the drivers everything worked well except the sd card reader. This will keep disconnecting or...
  4. SD card/SD card reader no longer working

SD card/SD card reader no longer working: Hi. New to this so not sure of category. I have a Lenovo G70. Windows 10, 64bit My SD card reader has stopped working. In Device Manager, the SD card is not listed. I can't format the card as it is not listed. I cannot locate the card at all as it is not listed anywhere. I've...
  5. Last Windows push disable SD card readers

Last Windows push disable SD card readers: After the last update I received my SD card could no longer be visible for the computers listed drives. I had to attached a card reader thru another USB and then it was read only. I have the devices showing up as unplugged on an analysis search. I still cannot get the drive...
  6. SD Card Reader

SD Card Reader: Hi Every SD card I plug in to my PC says it is Write Protected. I have tried everything I can find on internet to fix this but to no avail. Can anyone help please? 146468
  7. SD Card Reader

SD Card Reader: I have Windows 10 and my SD card reader is not recognized. I have tried everything on the earlier post and none have worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-reader/d927df68-eac3-4356-8c18-4cd339419e75
  8. sd card reader

sd card reader: My sd card reader isn't working .How can I get it back on ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-reader/a9ecbe8c-3206-454a-960a-8b6f6ce13e12
  9. SD Card Reader not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    SD Card Reader not working: My PC doesn't recognize my SD card https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-reader-not-working/6a47076e-3cbc-4d69-85bf-53aeedfc23bf
  10. SD-card reader not working

SD-card reader not working: Hi I am having trouble accessing my SD card it work fine with another similar laptop, mine just keeps telling em to format the drive, and when i try to format it says it is not able to format it. Alex...