Windows 10: SD CARD SLOT IS NOT WORKING

Discus and support SD CARD SLOT IS NOT WORKING in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello Microsoft, I have a Acer Aspire V3 731 laptop using Windows 10. My computer was moving slow, so I did a factory setting reset. Once... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Subterranean Designed, Sep 24, 2018.

1. SD CARD SLOT IS NOT WORKING

Hello Microsoft,

I have a Acer Aspire V3 731 laptop using Windows 10. My computer was moving slow, so I did a factory setting reset. Once completed, I realized that my SD card slot doesn't work like it once did prior to the reset. I'm thinking my driver is no longer present. Can you all give me the best solution to my issue being that I use my SD card slot often after recording from my GoPro Camera?

Im thanking you all well in advance.

:)

Subterranean Designed, Sep 24, 2018

2. SD Card Slot

• Can said SD card be read on other systems?
    • Is the device driver for the SD reader connected/internal to your computer installed and working properly?
    • Can it read other SD cards?
    • What file format is the SD card in question formatted with?

Shenan Stanley, Sep 24, 2018
  3. Can't access photos from SD Card in SD card slot

Can't access photos from SD Card in SD card slot.

Since updating to latest W10 update, SD Card inserted into SD Card slot is not being recognised.

Please help

GrahamStaggs, Sep 24, 2018
  4. boomergfz Win User

SD CARD SLOT IS NOT WORKING

SD memory Card Reader/ Slot is not working on Windows 10

My Solution....

I had a recent update on Win10 around 24th of Sept. 2016...on my Dual OS ONDA brand Win10/Android Tablet.

Built in SD card slot would not read card.... read the boards here...pretty funny, yet SAD.... I am with you my fellow frustrated MS users, (do a youtube search for Happiness Is No Charge, and you can take down your frustration if you get the Kindle Book....

But I did THIS....

I had my SD card in the slot. And REBOOTED with my Multicard reader with a 8gb card in the Micro slot.... after getting to the desktop, checked This PC...and selected This PC on the left list of places, and BOTH were there!!!! The Multicard Micro SD, AND
    my D:/ Drive SD CARD.... Shutdown, and unplugged the Multicard reader, and rebooted.... the D:/ drive SD CARD is STILL THERE.... just did this... so it WORKS.... Hope this is helpful, and solves your issue....

Someone at Microsoft needs to be raked over the coals.... probably all of them.... SD CARD SLOT IS NOT WORKING :)

boomergfz, Sep 24, 2018
Thema:

SD CARD SLOT IS NOT WORKING

1. SD CARD SLOT IS NOT WORKING - Similar Threads - CARD SLOT WORKING

2. SD Card slot not working: Lenovo V14-ARE 14" FHD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SD Card slot not working: Lenovo V14-ARE 14" FHD: I do not know if this is a hardware issue or software/driver problem.I recently inserted an SD card into the slot which I have been using for 6 months.The card showed up in My Computer.When clicked on it opened and then closed immediately.Now the card does not show up in my...
  3. SD Card slot not working: Lenovo V14-ARE 14" FHD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SD Card slot not working: Lenovo V14-ARE 14" FHD: I do not know if this is a hardware issue or software/driver problem.I recently inserted an SD card into the slot which I have been using for 6 months.The card showed up in My Computer.When clicked on it opened and then closed immediately.Now the card does not show up in my...
  4. SD card slot Read-only

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SD card slot Read-only: Hi, my Windows 10 Acer Aspire 5336-2525 laptop only reads cards when I insert them into the MC slot. Is this laptops's hardware only supportive of reading from it, or can I get a driver to fix it? Note: the different SD cards that I tried were unlockedslider on the side, and...
  5. windows 10 touchscreen, audio, sd card slot not working

windows 10 touchscreen, audio, sd card slot not working: touchscreen, audio, sd card slot not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10/8bc52afc-2346-4968-afc2-b2c8c6cc7179
  6. SD card slot not working?

SD card slot not working?: I have a Dell e5430 laptop (refurbished) that is in very good condition with a 250 gig SSd, 8 gig of ram running Windows 10 pro. Everything from start up onward is lightening fast, the USB ports all work as does the DVD re-writer. But even though I am almost certain that the...
  7. SD cards are not being recognized when plugged in to the SD card slot

SD cards are not being recognized when plugged in to the SD card slot: Dell, Ultrabook, Latitude E7470, Window s 10 My SD card reader does not recognise any of my SD cards. They all work when plugged into my card reader, when using USB slots. Any experience of similar issue on Dell laptop? ***Original title: SD Card not recognised.***...
  8. SD card reader slot is unresponsive

SD card reader slot is unresponsive: SD card reader slot is unresponsive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-reader-slot-is-unresponsive/f0fe01ac-1d86-4942-806a-b53cae256478
  9. Sd Card Slot

Sd Card Slot: Hi, I have an issue with my card reader it worked fine yesterday, but now when I insert my sd card into the reader on my laptop it does not make a sound or anything. I have a new Dell XPS 15 9570, any help would be much appreciated as I am at a loss. The card works fine if I...
  10. sd card slot

sd card slot: reinstalled 10 after your update wiped my whole system out. Now i have no sd slots cant find drives another dayswork lost https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-slot/9af25310-8acc-4762-ae10-457cc2f406e3