Windows 10: SD card slot not working?

Discus and support SD card slot not working? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Dell e5430 laptop (refurbished) that is in very good condition with a 250 gig SSd, 8 gig of ram running Windows 10 pro. Everything from start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Willabong, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Willabong Win User

SD card slot not working?

I have a Dell e5430 laptop (refurbished) that is in very good condition with a 250 gig SSd, 8 gig of ram running Windows 10 pro. Everything from start up onward is lightening fast, the USB ports all work as does the DVD re-writer.
    But even though I am almost certain that the SD card slot has never been used as it still has the factory Dell blank inserted, I cannot get the laptop to recognise an SD card, and I have tried several that I know are working because they come from my other two laptops.
    I was wondering if there was something in the BIOS that I needed to activate to get the laptop to see the SD card? Or is there something else I have missed?
    Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

:)

Willabong, Dec 30, 2019
  2. Berton Win User

My Dells all came with that 'blank' as a protection against foreign objects getting into the slot. They pop out when pressed to release, just as the SD/SDHC card does.

One caveat with those memory cards, if also being used in a camera be sure to format them in the camera, may not work properly if formatted in a computer.

Also in formatting, Windows has a limit of 32GB with FAT32 formatting which also has a single-file size of 4GB, + or - about 1MB.

Berton, Jan 6, 2020
  3. sd card slot

Why doesn't my sd card slot recognize my cards? The slot has stopped working.

carey west, Jan 6, 2020
  4. SD card slot not working?

SD Card Slot

• Can said SD card be read on other systems?
    • Is the device driver for the SD reader connected/internal to your computer installed and working properly?
    • Can it read other SD cards?
    • What file format is the SD card in question formatted with?

Shenan Stanley, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

1. SD card slot not working? - Similar Threads - card slot working

2. SD Card slot not working: Lenovo V14-ARE 14" FHD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SD Card slot not working: Lenovo V14-ARE 14" FHD: I do not know if this is a hardware issue or software/driver problem.I recently inserted an SD card into the slot which I have been using for 6 months.The card showed up in My Computer.When clicked on it opened and then closed immediately.Now the card does not show up in my...
  3. SD Card slot not working: Lenovo V14-ARE 14" FHD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SD Card slot not working: Lenovo V14-ARE 14" FHD: I do not know if this is a hardware issue or software/driver problem.I recently inserted an SD card into the slot which I have been using for 6 months.The card showed up in My Computer.When clicked on it opened and then closed immediately.Now the card does not show up in my...
  4. SD card slot Read-only

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SD card slot Read-only: Hi, my Windows 10 Acer Aspire 5336-2525 laptop only reads cards when I insert them into the MC slot. Is this laptops's hardware only supportive of reading from it, or can I get a driver to fix it? Note: the different SD cards that I tried were unlockedslider on the side, and...
  5. windows 10 touchscreen, audio, sd card slot not working

windows 10 touchscreen, audio, sd card slot not working: touchscreen, audio, sd card slot not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10/8bc52afc-2346-4968-afc2-b2c8c6cc7179
  6. SD cards are not being recognized when plugged in to the SD card slot

SD cards are not being recognized when plugged in to the SD card slot: Dell, Ultrabook, Latitude E7470, Window s 10 My SD card reader does not recognise any of my SD cards. They all work when plugged into my card reader, when using USB slots. Any experience of similar issue on Dell laptop? ***Original title: SD Card not recognised.***...
  7. SD card reader slot is unresponsive

SD card reader slot is unresponsive: SD card reader slot is unresponsive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-reader-slot-is-unresponsive/f0fe01ac-1d86-4942-806a-b53cae256478
  8. Sd Card Slot

Sd Card Slot: Hi, I have an issue with my card reader it worked fine yesterday, but now when I insert my sd card into the reader on my laptop it does not make a sound or anything. I have a new Dell XPS 15 9570, any help would be much appreciated as I am at a loss. The card works fine if I...
  9. sd card slot

sd card slot: reinstalled 10 after your update wiped my whole system out. Now i have no sd slots cant find drives another dayswork lost https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-slot/9af25310-8acc-4762-ae10-457cc2f406e3
  10. SD CARD SLOT IS NOT WORKING

SD CARD SLOT IS NOT WORKING: Hello Microsoft, I have a Acer Aspire V3 731 laptop using Windows 10. My computer was moving slow, so I did a factory setting reset. Once completed, I realized that my SD card slot doesn't work like it once did prior to the reset. I'm thinking my driver is no...