Windows 10: SD card slot on my laptop E6410 works but is crashing and freezing, contacts are clean and...

Discus and support SD card slot on my laptop E6410 works but is crashing and freezing, contacts are clean and... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; SD card slot on my laptop E6410 works but is crashing and freezing, contacts are clean and am using high quality card. I need to use this card to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WilliamKowalak, Nov 14, 2018.

1. SD card slot on my laptop E6410 works but is crashing and freezing, contacts are clean and...

SD card slot on my laptop E6410 works but is crashing and freezing, contacts are clean and am using high quality card.

I need to use this card to preserve read/write cycles on SSD.

:)

WilliamKowalak, Nov 14, 2018

2. Laptop SD Card Slot Not Working

Hello Microsoft Community,

I have been having troubles with my built in SD card reader on my laptop ever since the Fall Creators Update for Windows 10 (My laptop is a Dell Latitude E5530 if that helps). I have contacted Microsoft Support/Chat multiple times and they have not been
    able to help me find a solution to this problem...

When I insert an SD card into the SD card slot, my laptop recognizes it, but when I go to open the SD card I get the following message:

SD card slot on my laptop E6410 works but is crashing and freezing, contacts are clean and... d4dd7e54-86ad-403a-9020-79e8c9954412?upload=true.png

The inserted SD card works on all other devices, but when I insert it into this particular laptop, it is displayed as 0/0 bytes.

SD card slot on my laptop E6410 works but is crashing and freezing, contacts are clean and... 9f81aa5a-af48-44d1-a497-679910255cc3?upload=true.png

I was having this same issue a few months ago, and was able to fix it by restoring my laptop to a previous version (before the Fall Creators Update). Unfortunately, one day after logging on to my laptop, the Fall Creators Update automatically began to update
    and I have not been able to go back...

I have tried mostly everything that I can think of, and nothing has worked. I appreciate any help or suggestions...

Thanks,

-Robert

-Robert-K-, Nov 14, 2018
  3. Helmut Win User
    PC won't read certain SD cards (Problem is with PC, NOT card)

I had a similar problem with my Laptops SD Card Reader, it's only 3 years old, but no cover on the SD slot.
    The answer was to carefully clean the SD Card Reader contacts, and indeed the SD card contacts.
    They seem to be very sensitive to contamination.

Not had any problems since.

Helmut, Nov 14, 2018
  4. SD card slot on my laptop E6410 works but is crashing and freezing, contacts are clean and...

PC won't read certain SD cards (Problem is with PC, NOT card)

That was one of the first things that I tried.

PerfectBlue, Nov 14, 2018
Thema:

SD card slot on my laptop E6410 works but is crashing and freezing, contacts are clean and...

1. SD card slot on my laptop E6410 works but is crashing and freezing, contacts are clean and... - Similar Threads - card slot laptop

2. SD card slot Read-only

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SD card slot Read-only: Hi, my Windows 10 Acer Aspire 5336-2525 laptop only reads cards when I insert them into the MC slot. Is this laptops's hardware only supportive of reading from it, or can I get a driver to fix it? Note: the different SD cards that I tried were unlockedslider on the side, and...
  3. windows 10 touchscreen, audio, sd card slot not working

windows 10 touchscreen, audio, sd card slot not working: touchscreen, audio, sd card slot not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10/8bc52afc-2346-4968-afc2-b2c8c6cc7179
  4. SD card slot not working?

SD card slot not working?: I have a Dell e5430 laptop (refurbished) that is in very good condition with a 250 gig SSd, 8 gig of ram running Windows 10 pro. Everything from start up onward is lightening fast, the USB ports all work as does the DVD re-writer. But even though I am almost certain that the...
  5. SD cards are not being recognized when plugged in to the SD card slot

SD cards are not being recognized when plugged in to the SD card slot: Dell, Ultrabook, Latitude E7470, Window s 10 My SD card reader does not recognise any of my SD cards. They all work when plugged into my card reader, when using USB slots. Any experience of similar issue on Dell laptop? ***Original title: SD Card not recognised.***...
  6. SD card reader slot is unresponsive

SD card reader slot is unresponsive: SD card reader slot is unresponsive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-reader-slot-is-unresponsive/f0fe01ac-1d86-4942-806a-b53cae256478
  7. my windows 10 hp laptop sd card slot use

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my windows 10 hp laptop sd card slot use: hi, I have a windows 10 hp laptop and I was curious on what type of SD card I need for it? , meaning brand and size?... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-10-hp-laptop-sd-card-slot-use/f0e02ed7-f8fa-4076-a25f-9c81e6c951c8"
  8. Sd Card Slot

Sd Card Slot: Hi, I have an issue with my card reader it worked fine yesterday, but now when I insert my sd card into the reader on my laptop it does not make a sound or anything. I have a new Dell XPS 15 9570, any help would be much appreciated as I am at a loss. The card works fine if I...
  9. sd card slot

sd card slot: reinstalled 10 after your update wiped my whole system out. Now i have no sd slots cant find drives another dayswork lost https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-slot/9af25310-8acc-4762-ae10-457cc2f406e3
  10. SD CARD SLOT IS NOT WORKING

SD CARD SLOT IS NOT WORKING: Hello Microsoft, I have a Acer Aspire V3 731 laptop using Windows 10. My computer was moving slow, so I did a factory setting reset. Once completed, I realized that my SD card slot doesn't work like it once did prior to the reset. I'm thinking my driver is no...