Windows 10: SD Card Support !#$%#$

Discus and support SD Card Support !#$%#$ in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Bloody microsoft.. I've googled and googled and the only way I can get write access to MY SD card is through editing the registry... are you really... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AUWIN10, Oct 29, 2017.

1. AUWIN10 Win User

SD Card Support !#$%#$

Bloody microsoft.. I've googled and googled and the only way I can get write access to MY SD card is through editing the registry... are you really going to tell me that writing to my own SD card is some kind of security risk?

Also now I am not even able to READ the SD card "Access is Denied" I google again it tells me i can fix this by using a command prompt in administrator mode and type "takeown /f h:\ /R /D Y" well guess what.. NOOOOOOOOO ... i get
    "ERROR: File ownership cannot be applied on insecure file systems; there is no support for ACLs."

This is a FAT32 SD card which i'm using in my Wii.. Yes i know it's OLD but why can't I access it.. IT's mine and i want to access it.. give me back my access to my PC Microsoft...

While you are at it,, how about notifying people you are doing a massive upgrade of their PC BEFORE you download it over their metered internet connection......

GRUMBLE GRUMBLE SWEAR.... BLOODY FIX WINDOWS10.. I Regret ever upgrading

:)

AUWIN10, Oct 29, 2017

2. Win10: Not able to download Apps from Windows Store (error 0x8003f7000)

Hi Abdul,

I did perform those steps but still the SD Card does not work.

A lesser size SD Card works fine eg I have a 2GB SD card and it work fine but the 64 GB SD card does not get recognised. There is no issue in the SD card and the tablet does support upto 64 GB SD card.

This is definitely a driver issue. Can u help with the updated drivers for supporting 64 GB SD cards.

Regards,

Anand.

Anand Ramkumar, Oct 29, 2017
  3. nokia lumia 630 sd card not found

Just found this: Minimum speed levels required to support the app installation movement to SD card is above Class 6 SDHC card Class 10 SDHC. No support for Class 4 SDHC cards or below.
    Windows Phone will automatically detect the inserted SD card and if the SD card speed does not support the minimum requirements, the app movement form phone to SD card option gets deactivated.

Gunner Mat, Oct 29, 2017
  4. Plankton Win User

SD Card Support !#$%#$

First I would test the SD card on another computer not running windows 10 if possible to see if the SD card is viable.

Plankton, Oct 29, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    My SD card has a 'write-lock' slider on the side. It sometimes gets accidentally moved to the 'lock' position as I put it in my PC's reader slot.

6. AUWIN10 Win User
    thanks for your replies.. yes i've tried on a different PC also in the Wii works fine.... the slider is unlocked.

This is a Windows issue not a ID Ten T Error

AUWIN10, Oct 31, 2017
  7. I use SD and Micro SD cards on my Windows 10 PC's all the time. My camera has a full size card that I plug into my wife's laptop's built in card reader, to put pictures up on Face Book. No problems reading and writing to it. I also put the Micro SD cards I use in my Raspberry Pi in a USB card reader, no problem accessing the fat 32 partition from Windows 10. I drag and drop files to and from them all the time. The Linux partition can't be seen from Windows but that's normal. I have no idea why your having your issues, but its not a global thing as far as I know. It's not affecting everybody. How was that card formatted (setup for use) originally? You may want to plug it into something other than the Wii and reformat it.

alphanumeric, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

SD Card Support !#$%#$

1. SD Card Support !#$%#$ - Similar Threads - Card Support #$%#$

2. Sd card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sd card: When I download somthing on my sd card it downloads but when I try to extract it says please insert last disk Multi Voulme set and click ok to continue that keeps poping up when I press ok But I when I look into 7-zip App some files are missing even when I use any app I...
  3. Sd card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sd card: When I download somthing on my sd card it downloads but when I try to extract it says please insert last disk Multi Voulme set and click ok to continue that keeps poping up when I press ok But I when I look into 7-zip App some files are missing even when I use any app I...
  4. Sd card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sd card: my windows 10 is not reading my verbatim micro sd adapter https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card/2e69c34c-15aa-4e16-99e9-d13afc29ab45
  5. SD card

SD card: I have recently had my Acer laptop serviced and the tech talked me into installing windows 10 and I hate it . can someone pleas tell me how I can view the contents of an SD card ? On windows 7 I used to go to my drive menu and just select it from there. thx...
  6. sd card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    sd card: updated windows 10 on surface go yesterday. Does not recognize sd card anymore. unable to use. can't see card or files. all drivers up to date. any suggestions or similar experiences? Thanks....
  7. SD CARD

SD CARD: windows 10 (Fully up to date) not recognizing sd card https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card/a0dfae36-dc2a-463c-970a-272e12aded20
  8. SD card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SD card: How do I change the settings for what I do when I insert a SD card on my Windows 10 computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card/75d8c53e-488f-49e9-b1ac-cbf995b30e5e"
  9. SD card

SD card: Windows 10 does not detect my SD card https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/sd-card/cecf9cf6-ad80-43c5-8b57-3c0b84d4305f
  10. SD Card

SD Card: When I insert the SD card into my computer it is not bring recognized. What am I doing wrong? Can someone please help me ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/sd-card/d62d2332-a102-4790-a460-1c908f2c9286