Windows 10: SD card won't display video files

Discus and support SD card won't display video files in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 recognizes my camera's SD card, shows my jpeg and raw files, but video files don't appear. In the camera the video files show and play, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kenmaer, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Kenmaer Win User

SD card won't display video files

Windows 10 recognizes my camera's SD card, shows my jpeg and raw files, but video files don't appear. In the camera the video files show and play, but with the SD card in my desktop it shows no trace of those video files.

:)

Kenmaer, Mar 27, 2020
  2. JMartz65 Win User

sd card problem with videos

It says the best driver is already installed. I really think it's an issue related to the sd card hardware or driver. The problem doesn't happen if the videos are on the hard drive.

JMartz65, Mar 27, 2020
  3. clayto Win User
    Strange invisibility of camcorder jpeg files on SD memory card

Having just brought my camcorder back into use I find that while everything else still works fine, the still pictures saved / recorded to its SD Card are not (readily) displayed on my PC. They are not listed in File Explorer or alternatives to it and not found through Cortana and other search engines --- that is, with the exception of just one search engine. The only way I am able to tell they even exist on the card is with Wise Jet Search. which displays them quite normally.

Using Jet Search I have been able to Move them 'back' to the card, after which they do appear; a somewhat time consuming procedure. Strangely, or so it seems to me, while moving the files to the card one by one it does not generate a 'file already exists' notice, or start numbering them as copies / duplicates.

I have checked that 'hide files' is not ticked.

Any suggestions?

clayto, Mar 27, 2020
  4. bradleyb Win User

SD card/SD card reader no longer working

Hi. New to this so not sure of category.
    I have a Lenovo G70. Windows 10, 64bit
    My SD card reader has stopped working.
    In Device Manager, the SD card is not listed.
    I can't format the card as it is not listed.
    I cannot locate the card at all as it is not listed anywhere.
    I've tried chkdsk and get 'Cannot open volume for direct access'
    I don't even have the icon displaying when micro SD card is inserted.
    It did work previously but I had errors. Scanning and fixing did not help.
    I place the SD card in my Android phone and it works fine.
    Please help!
    Thank you for any assistance.

bradleyb, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

1. SD card won't display video files - Similar Threads - card won't display

2. Losing file on SD card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Losing file on SD card: Hello,I used my SD card on my PC, shut it down and place it on my camera.After finishing the recording, I place my SD card to my PC, boot it up and when I try to look at the files, it's gone.There is still the new folders for the photos and videos but there is nothing...
  3. Losing file on SD card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Losing file on SD card: Hello,I used my SD card on my PC, shut it down and place it on my camera.After finishing the recording, I place my SD card to my PC, boot it up and when I try to look at the files, it's gone.There is still the new folders for the photos and videos but there is nothing...
  4. Computer won't read SD cards

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer won't read SD cards: Hi. I have an HP Omni 220 PC which I recently reinstalled Windows 10 on. Before the reinstall, the SD card drive on it worked fine, but now it won't work at all! The SD card I have still works on other computers, and changing the drive letters did nothing. Does anyone know...
  5. Videos NOT showing on file explorer from SD card

Videos NOT showing on file explorer from SD card: So videos from my SD card will not show up on file explorer. This does not work for either of my SD cards, so it's not an issue on that end. I have "hidden items" checked as you can see in the screenshot below. Can anyone suggest any other options that may need to be toggled?...
  6. drone videos on micro SD card

drone videos on micro SD card: Hello, I need help my windows 10 can't play my drone videos on my micro SD card only showing the photos. I downloaded VLC and codec pack still cannot read it. Please help....
  7. SD Card won't load

SD Card won't load: My SD card will not load or show up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-wont-load/ccb3a972-49ed-41bd-8920-41a2bfb7b95c
  8. sd card files

sd card files: Hi I am trying to play files from my Dashcam SD Card I get message saying windows media cant play files as it doesn't know which codec was used to compress the files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-files/7234fbb0-99d2-46fc-8a7d-767106d4691d"
  9. Mini SD card display adapters

Mini SD card display adapters: How can I check and see if there is something wrong with the slot that holds the display adapter as my PC doesn't seem to recognize it as a drive when I insert an adapter with a mini SD card?...
  10. Micro SD Card won't format

Micro SD Card won't format: Hi Edited below as had the card in backwards but still not working Had an issue today where my Micro SD Card got corrupted somehow. See this thread for what I posted earlier in case need more details http://https://www.tenforums.com/dri...corrupted.html Anyways I...