Windows 10: SD card

Discus and support SD card in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since upgrading to Windows 10 my SD card is not being detected. I've spent days trying all the methods that I could find on the Internet, including... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dendwa, Jan 10, 2021.

1. dendwa Win User

SD card

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my SD card is not being detected. I've spent days trying all the methods that I could find on the Internet, including what I've found when I checked this community, with no help.

I upgraded two computers and ended up with the same problem on both. I tried the cards on a Mac without making any changes to the card, which was working with Windows 10, and the card worked. My only conclusion is that it is some problem caused by upgrading, which might only be solved by some update to Windows itself, unless I am advised here about something that actually works.

:)

dendwa, Jan 10, 2021
  2. dorsetknob, Jan 10, 2021
  3. SD card failure

Hi Andrew,

I would need to ask few questions so I can isolate your concern properly. Kindly answer the following:

• Did you get a specific error message?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • What's the current build of your computer? Press Windows key + R and then type winver.
    • Did you try to run a full system scan using your anti-virus? Can you tell us the result?
    • Does your SD card has a write protection?

Meanwhile, you may try these troubleshooting steps:

Step 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. Open Settings> Update & Security> Troubleshoot> Hardware and Devices> Run the troubleshooter.

Step 2: Check SD Card in Disk Management.

1. Open Disk Management.
    2. Your SD card will appear as a removable disk.
    3. Check if it has a drive letter.
    4. If it does not show anything, right click the SD card and then select “Change Drive Letter and Paths”.
    5. Click “Add” and select a drive letter, then click “OK”.

Step 3: Update SD card driver.

1. Open Device manager.
    2. Find your SD card and right click it.
    3. Select Properties.
    4. Click the driver tab and then select Update Driver.

Note: You may need to use a keyboard and mouse to connect to your laptop to perform the said steps if it does not allow on tablet mode.

Raymond Ave, Jan 10, 2021
  4. bradleyb Win User

SD card

SD card/SD card reader no longer working

Hi. New to this so not sure of category.
    I have a Lenovo G70. Windows 10, 64bit
    My SD card reader has stopped working.
    In Device Manager, the SD card is not listed.
    I can't format the card as it is not listed.
    I cannot locate the card at all as it is not listed anywhere.
    I've tried chkdsk and get 'Cannot open volume for direct access'
    I don't even have the icon displaying when micro SD card is inserted.
    It did work previously but I had errors. Scanning and fixing did not help.
    I place the SD card in my Android phone and it works fine.
    Please help!
    Thank you for any assistance.

bradleyb, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

SD card

1. SD card - Similar Threads - card

2. So I have windows on steam deck and trying to uninstall microsd card drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So I have windows on steam deck and trying to uninstall microsd card drivers: So I have a steam deck with windows on it and the microsd card drivers are broken so I'm trying to uninstall them and reinstall them so anyone know the name and can tell me where so I can delete them...
  3. So I have windows on steam deck and trying to uninstall microsd card drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    So I have windows on steam deck and trying to uninstall microsd card drivers: So I have a steam deck with windows on it and the microsd card drivers are broken so I'm trying to uninstall them and reinstall them so anyone know the name and can tell me where so I can delete them...
  4. MediaTek Wi-Fi 6 MT7921 Wireless LAN Card keeps disconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MediaTek Wi-Fi 6 MT7921 Wireless LAN Card keeps disconnecting: Hello !I have trouble with that card, it keeps getting disconnected. Sometimes it doesn't even start connected...- I tried uninstalling the card and the drivers, to reinstall the drivers from ASUS I have an ASUS TUF A15 itself, didn't work.- I tried a clean full install of...
  5. MediaTek Wi-Fi 6 MT7921 Wireless LAN Card keeps disconnecting

MediaTek Wi-Fi 6 MT7921 Wireless LAN Card keeps disconnecting: Hello !I have trouble with that card, it keeps getting disconnected. Sometimes it doesn't even start connected...- I tried uninstalling the card and the drivers, to reinstall the drivers from ASUS I have an ASUS TUF A15 itself, didn't work.- I tried a clean full install of...
  6. I Cut-Paste a folder containing images from my fone memory card to PC. The images from the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I Cut-Paste a folder containing images from my fone memory card to PC. The images from the...: Hello, I occasionally Cut-Paste folders from my Phone memory card to the PC inorder to free up space in memory card. Yesterday I did the same. I Cut-Paste the folder from my Phone memory card to my PC through USB connection. I didn't disconnect, there is no problem with my...
  7. I Cut-Paste a folder containing images from my fone memory card to PC. The images from the...

I Cut-Paste a folder containing images from my fone memory card to PC. The images from the...: Hello, I occasionally Cut-Paste folders from my Phone memory card to the PC inorder to free up space in memory card. Yesterday I did the same. I Cut-Paste the folder from my Phone memory card to my PC through USB connection. I didn't disconnect, there is no problem with my...
  8. how do i fix my sound and graphic card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i fix my sound and graphic card: when i was using my pc i crashed randomly and now both my sound and graphic card is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-my-sound-and-graphic-card/2499b85c-0949-4e6a-9b04-0d0c5dddb32e
  9. how do i fix my sound and graphic card

how do i fix my sound and graphic card: when i was using my pc i crashed randomly and now both my sound and graphic card is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-my-sound-and-graphic-card/2499b85c-0949-4e6a-9b04-0d0c5dddb32e
  10. sd card reader not working since win 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sd card reader not working since win 11 upgrade: Hi folks. I have a lenovo s340 with 16gb ram.Since I upgraded to win 11 recently, the unbuilt sd card reader is not working.I have applied windows updates, I have also used the Intel and lenovo tools to apply any available updates but to no avail.There are a bunch of items in...