Windows 10: SD cards keep corrupting since I got windows 10

Discus and support SD cards keep corrupting since I got windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Since installing windows 10, My computer will not read SD cards from my Nikon camera and has been either wiping or corrupting the cards. It has not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by shanebroderick1, Sep 18, 2020.

1. SD cards keep corrupting since I got windows 10

Since installing windows 10, My computer will not read SD cards from my Nikon camera and has been either wiping or corrupting the cards. It has not done this to to my fuji cards and reads them fine. It has happened with different card readers and different brand and age sd cards. The only variable is a new PC and a new operating system.

:)

shanebroderick1, Sep 18, 2020

2. windows 10 oes not acknowledge sd card

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

To get more clear picture of the issue, let us know:

• Are you using your SD card in a phone or computer?
    • If it is on phone, then which Build of Windows 10 Insider Preview are you using?
    I would suggest you to check the SD card with any other device to make sure there is not any corruption with the SD card.

Reply with the information and we'll be happy to assist you.

Navneet Anand, Sep 18, 2020
  3. micro SD card corrupted?

Does your SD card work if you connect it to your computer?

If so, then what I would suggest is to backup it's content on your PC and format the SD card.

Once it's backed up, format the SD card through the phone.

Go to App List > Storage Sense > SD Card > Format SD Card to do that.

Regards

Denis

DenisLepoivre, Sep 18, 2020
  4. Compumind Win User

SD cards keep corrupting since I got windows 10

Micro SD Card Not Recognised

Try this:

Corrupted Micro SD Card Repair Tool/Software | Free Download - EaseUS

If no go, I would suggest exchanging the Micro-SD adapter (if it came with it) and/or the card.

*Think

Compumind, Sep 18, 2020
Thema:

SD cards keep corrupting since I got windows 10

1. SD cards keep corrupting since I got windows 10 - Similar Threads - cards keep corrupting

2. Windows 10 seems to be corrupting my SD cards

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 seems to be corrupting my SD cards: Ive run into this twice now, perfectly good 16GB Sandisk SDHC cards now rendered unusable after trying to read and/or format in windows 10.I have several wildlife trail cameras and usually take the files off with either my windows 10 Pro desktop or laptop, more often the HP...
  3. Windows 10 seems to be corrupting my SD cards

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 seems to be corrupting my SD cards: Ive run into this twice now, perfectly good 16GB Sandisk SDHC cards now rendered unusable after trying to read and/or format in windows 10.I have several wildlife trail cameras and usually take the files off with either my windows 10 Pro desktop or laptop, more often the HP...
  4. Windows 10 seems to be corrupting my SD cards

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. my micro sd card corrupted in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my micro sd card corrupted in windows 10: Hi, I was formatting my micro SD card with quick format unchecked. While in progress by mistake I pressed escape key. Now it is corrupted. How to fix it?...
  6. Corrupted SD card

Corrupted SD card: I tried to fix my corrupted sd card using chkdsk command in windows 10. It says the following: The type of the file system is FAT32. Volume Serial Number is 3B83-1115 Windows is verifying files and folders... The 'file' entry contains a nonvalid link. The size of the...
  7. Why does my PC keep corrupting my SD Cards?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does my PC keep corrupting my SD Cards?: Every time I use SD cards on my pc they always end up corrupting after removing. It doesn’t matter what adapter i use or which type of as card is used. Once I reinsert to my camera it needs to be formatted. The same result occurs when I reinsert to PC. The PC shows it as...
  8. Files are corrupted on SD card

Files are corrupted on SD card: I use 512 SD card inserted in my Surface Go as an extra storage place. But I’ve recently found out that most of my files are corrupted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-are-corrupted-on-sd-card/3f6ddc9c-be6d-4568-941b-e45837817246
  9. Micro SD Card Corrupted

Micro SD Card Corrupted: Hi Before I forget my phones an android! The other day I moved some music over to my phone and it seemed to move OK so I went ahead and removed my phone from the laptop. Then when I got to the car I went to pull up my music player so I could play over my cars audio...
  10. SD card Windows 10 keeps vanishing

SD card Windows 10 keeps vanishing: Hi all, Has anybody noticed their SD card reader keeps disappearing with Windows 10. As of 14342 I noticed the SD card keeps disappearing on my Surface Pro 3. This is the same problem with version 1607 build 1438.0. but I have noticed something in Device Manager that I did...