Windows 10: SD cards not recognized

Discus and support SD cards not recognized in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have multiple computers that stopped showing SD cards. The file explorer doesn't see the cards and they will not auto open. Tried several cards,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by No-Op, Jan 25, 2019.

1. No-Op Win User

SD cards not recognized

I have multiple computers that stopped showing SD cards. The file explorer doesn't see the cards and they will not auto open. Tried several cards, one computer says to insert a card, but when I do it doesn't see it. Cards are various sized Scan Disks and until today worked fine. Computers are HP and Toshiba.

:)

No-Op, Jan 25, 2019
  2. David Haz Win User

Windows 10 recognizes my SD Card as a local drive

Jon,

You posted that you would try the suggested steps by Tryx3. May we have an update if the suggested steps have resolved the issue about your SD card being recognized as a fixed drive in Windows 10?

David Haz, Jan 25, 2019
  3. My Lumia 635 is not detecting SD card

Hi,

You may try the following steps:

• Try to remove the SD card and insert it again, make sure it's seated well without using too much force.
    • If it still does not recognize the SD card, you may try to connect your SD card to PC via a card reader and format.
    • Try using a different SD card and check if your Lumia 635 will recognize it.

Marcel Dio, Jan 25, 2019
  4. SD cards not recognized

Windows 10 does not recognize 128gb micro sd card

Hi Steve,

To better assist you, provide us with the following information:

• Do any other SD cards work on your Windows 10 laptop?
    • Have you tried checking if your Kingston SD10VG2 works on other computers? If not, we suggest you to do so.
    • Were there any changes made on your laptop prior to this concern?

For possible resolution, check if the SD card is listed in Disk Management by following the steps below:

1. Press Windows key + X.

2. Click on Disk Management.

3. Check if Kingston SD10VG2
    is listed.

If the SD card is not listed in Disk Management, we recommend you to check
    for an updated driver from the manufacturer and have the latest version installed. After ensuring that the correct driver is installed, check if the device is recognized in the Device Manager.

Let us know how it goes.

Lizette Ags, Jan 25, 2019
Thema:

SD cards not recognized

1. SD cards not recognized - Similar Threads - cards recognized

2. My display adapter is not recognizing the dedicated graphics card. the the graphics adapter...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My display adapter is not recognizing the dedicated graphics card. the the graphics adapter...: Certainly! Here's the revised version with the grammatical errors corrected: Hey there, I use an ASUS A15 laptop. The dedicated graphics card is an NVIDIA 3050 4GB. I've been playing a lot of Witcher 3 and realized that the game is acting super laggy. I went to update my...
  3. My display adapter is not recognizing the dedicated graphics card. the the graphics adapter...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My display adapter is not recognizing the dedicated graphics card. the the graphics adapter...: Certainly! Here's the revised version with the grammatical errors corrected: Hey there, I use an ASUS A15 laptop. The dedicated graphics card is an NVIDIA 3050 4GB. I've been playing a lot of Witcher 3 and realized that the game is acting super laggy. I went to update my...
  4. Clean Install of Win 11 v23H2 will not recognize my Wi-Fi card and internet on a new Acer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clean Install of Win 11 v23H2 will not recognize my Wi-Fi card and internet on a new Acer...: Just got a new Acer Swift X SFX14-51G-7003 and this laptop will not update to Win-11 23H2 in windows update it only works on Win-11 22H2. I tried to do a clean install of Win-11 23H2 but when the installation process gets to "Lets connect you to a network" it just stops and...
  5. Clean Install of Win 11 v23H2 will not recognize my Wi-Fi card and internet on a new Acer...

Clean Install of Win 11 v23H2 will not recognize my Wi-Fi card and internet on a new Acer...: Just got a new Acer Swift X SFX14-51G-7003 and this laptop will not update to Win-11 23H2 in windows update it only works on Win-11 22H2. I tried to do a clean install of Win-11 23H2 but when the installation process gets to "Lets connect you to a network" it just stops and...
  6. I have a V8 Sound Card for podcasting and the pc doesn't recognize the microphone input but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a V8 Sound Card for podcasting and the pc doesn't recognize the microphone input but...: I have a V8 Sound Card for podcasting and the pc doesn't recognize the microphone input but it does recognize the headphones output. I need help PLEASE!!!!...
  7. I have a V8 Sound Card for podcasting and the pc doesn't recognize the microphone input but...

I have a V8 Sound Card for podcasting and the pc doesn't recognize the microphone input but...: I have a V8 Sound Card for podcasting and the pc doesn't recognize the microphone input but it does recognize the headphones output. I need help PLEASE!!!!...
  8. I have a V8 Sound Card for podcasting and the pc doesn't recognize the microphone input but...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Windows 11 does not recognize CFExpress Type B/XQD card reader

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 does not recognize CFExpress Type B/XQD card reader: Hello Support Team,Windows 11 Home does not detect my CFExpress Type B/XQD card reader, it is brand now, so, I do not know if the reader was detected before any Windows update.I tested the reader in another computer with Windows 11 Pro and it works fine.Please help me solve...
  10. Windows 11 does not recognize CFExpress Type B/XQD card reader

Windows 11 does not recognize CFExpress Type B/XQD card reader: Hello Support Team,Windows 11 Home does not detect my CFExpress Type B/XQD card reader, it is brand now, so, I do not know if the reader was detected before any Windows update.I tested the reader in another computer with Windows 11 Pro and it works fine.Please help me solve...