Windows 10: SD cards will not show up on PC

Discus and support SD cards will not show up on PC in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I am a photographer. It is crucial to my job that I get these photos off of my memory cards and onto my PC to edit. I've never had an issue before.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by nashley89, Aug 15, 2020.

1. nashley89 Win User

SD cards will not show up on PC

So I am a photographer. It is crucial to my job that I get these photos off of my memory cards and onto my PC to edit.

I've never had an issue before.

Last Night I put in a memory card to transfer the photos for editing. My lightroom was not detecting the card. Weird. So I opened up 'my pc' to find that it wasn't showing up there either. I took the card out. wiped it down, and still nothing. So I'm thinking it might be my memory card. so I try a few other cards. NONE OF THEM ARE BEING DETECTED.

I'm unsure what happened, as the card reader worked just fine last week.

Please help me fix this STAT.

I've also looked under device management, and my cards are not shown there either.

IDK what to do, but this is a massive issue for me.

:)

nashley89, Aug 15, 2020

2. SD card not showing in store

The SD card is not showing in the store. The official tutorial on the Microsoft website (http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/How-to/wp8/apps/how-do-i-install-apps-from-an-sd-card)

states:

To install apps and games from your phone's SD card

• Insert an SD card that contains one or more .XAP files into your phone.

• On Start
      SD cards will not show up on PC hardware-icon-start-button.png
      , tap
      Store
      SD cards will not show up on PC start-icon-marketplace.png
      , and then tap
      SD card.

Note

If you've just inserted the SD card or added the .XAP files, you might need to wait a few minutes before you can access your SD card from the Store.

• Select the apps you want, and then tap Install.

However, the problem, and thus the source of this question resides in step number 2. "Tap SD card" is not possible, as the option to do so does not exist within the store. Perhaps this clarifies the question.

Soviet Messiah, Aug 15, 2020
  3. SD card failure

Hi Andrew,

I would need to ask few questions so I can isolate your concern properly. Kindly answer the following:

• Did you get a specific error message?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • What's the current build of your computer? Press Windows key + R and then type winver.
    • Did you try to run a full system scan using your anti-virus? Can you tell us the result?
    • Does your SD card has a write protection?

Meanwhile, you may try these troubleshooting steps:

Step 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. Open Settings> Update & Security> Troubleshoot> Hardware and Devices> Run the troubleshooter.

Step 2: Check SD Card in Disk Management.

1. Open Disk Management.
    2. Your SD card will appear as a removable disk.
    3. Check if it has a drive letter.
    4. If it does not show anything, right click the SD card and then select “Change Drive Letter and Paths”.
    5. Click “Add” and select a drive letter, then click “OK”.

Step 3: Update SD card driver.

1. Open Device manager.
    2. Find your SD card and right click it.
    3. Select Properties.
    4. Click the driver tab and then select Update Driver.

Note: You may need to use a keyboard and mouse to connect to your laptop to perform the said steps if it does not allow on tablet mode.

Raymond Ave, Aug 15, 2020
  4. Berton Win User

SD card/SD card reader no longer working

Bradleyb, in your Device Manager do you have anything listed in Storage Controllers? I get an entry for MMC/SD. I just checked a 1GB SD card and a 4GB SDHC card, both worked in File Explorer to show their contents.

SD cards will not show up on PC [​IMG]

Side note: A caveat for such cards is that if they are to be used in a camera they need to be formatted in the camera, not in Windows.

Berton, Aug 15, 2020
Thema:

1. SD cards will not show up on PC - Similar Threads - cards show

2. Network and Graphic cards not showing up after after reinstalling windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network and Graphic cards not showing up after after reinstalling windows: Hello, after reinstalling Windows, I suddenly had no WI-FI, I checked the device manager to see if there's any problem with drivers but I found out that network card just went missing. It's just didn't showed up, same as the graphics card, instead 6 unknown devices appeared....
  3. Network and Graphic cards not showing up after after reinstalling windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network and Graphic cards not showing up after after reinstalling windows: Hello, after reinstalling Windows, I suddenly had no WI-FI, I checked the device manager to see if there's any problem with drivers but I found out that network card just went missing. It's just didn't showed up, same as the graphics card, instead 6 unknown devices appeared....
  4. Network and Graphic cards not showing up after after reinstalling windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Why does my USB 3.0 HDMI CAPTURE CARD only show as a microphone in the Streamlabs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my USB 3.0 HDMI CAPTURE CARD only show as a microphone in the Streamlabs: This is the screen of stream labs everything works fine but my laptop hp envy recognizes this as a microphone so no audio in the audio mixer...
  6. Why does my USB 3.0 HDMI CAPTURE CARD only show as a microphone in the Streamlabs

Why does my USB 3.0 HDMI CAPTURE CARD only show as a microphone in the Streamlabs: This is the screen of stream labs everything works fine but my laptop hp envy recognizes this as a microphone so no audio in the audio mixer...
  7. For my phone that has 2 SIM cards, why does Phone Link show some of my message threads as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    For my phone that has 2 SIM cards, why does Phone Link show some of my message threads as...: My phone has 2 SIM cards/numbers...one for work and one for personal. Phone Link on both my work and personal computer recently started showing some of my message threads as group chats with the other number being my work phone number...even though my work number is the...
  8. For my phone that has 2 SIM cards, why does Phone Link show some of my message threads as...

For my phone that has 2 SIM cards, why does Phone Link show some of my message threads as...: My phone has 2 SIM cards/numbers...one for work and one for personal. Phone Link on both my work and personal computer recently started showing some of my message threads as group chats with the other number being my work phone number...even though my work number is the...
  9. Wifi card not showing up in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi card not showing up in device manager: I have a laptop that does not recognize the wifi card at all. Its not in device manager>network adapters, i cannot access wifi settings because it thinks there is only ethernet. Ive tried endless lists of solutions with drivers, changing settings, ive been jn the bios, done...
  10. Wifi card not showing up in device manager

Wifi card not showing up in device manager: I have a laptop that does not recognize the wifi card at all. Its not in device manager>network adapters, i cannot access wifi settings because it thinks there is only ethernet. Ive tried endless lists of solutions with drivers, changing settings, ive been jn the bios, done...