Windows 10: SD Reader on Surface Pro 7 is slower than Moses!

Discus and support SD Reader on Surface Pro 7 is slower than Moses! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Just purchased a Surface Pro 7 and I have to report that the SD card reader is so slow, if it were going any slower, it'd be going backwards in time.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Badeggofpa, Dec 1, 2019.

1. SD Reader on Surface Pro 7 is slower than Moses!

Just purchased a Surface Pro 7 and I have to report that the SD card reader is so slow, if it were going any slower, it'd be going backwards in time.

Any idea how to fix this? I tried updating everything I could thing of.

Thanks

:)

Badeggofpa, Dec 1, 2019

2. Fingerprint reader missing from log-in screen on Surface Pro 4

Hi Van,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about fingerprint reader on the your device, do le us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Have you made any changes to the device(Hardware/ Software) prior to this issue?
    • Have you connected any other external devices to your Surface Pro 4?
    • Are you using PIN on the logon screen to log-in to your device?

I suggest you to refer to the below post and check if your issue matches with the same. If so, try the troubleshooting steps mentioned by
    RobertBrindle on November 10, 2015 and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Surface Pro 3 with Surface Pro 4 Keyboard with Fingerprint Reader

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 1, 2019
  3. Surface Pro 4 i5 256GB; Micro SD reader not seen

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the SD card on Surface Pro 4 after upgrading to Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated drivers after upgrading to Windows 10.

Step 1: If the device is not detected on your computer try to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.

Step 2: As updating the corrupted drivers couldn't resolve the issue, I suggest you to uninstall the existing drivers for USB port, try to install them and check if it helps.

Follow the steps:

• Press Windows and X together and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate the Universal Serial Bus Controller and expand the driver icon.

• Right Click on all the USB driver icon and select
      Uninstall

• Restart the computer.
    Refer to the link to install the drivers: Connect a USB mouse, printer,
    and more

For further reference: Browse topics for Surface Pro 4.

Hope it helps. Kindly get back with the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 1, 2019
  4. SD Reader on Surface Pro 7 is slower than Moses!

Internal SD reader not working after upgrade to Windows 10 Pro

Hello everyone, I have a problem after upgrading to Windows 10 Pro. My Sabrent internal SD card reader isn't working. I've tried most of the solutions I've seen elsewhere, and I thought someone here might have some ideas.

Current Setup

I have a Sabrent SD card reader plugged into the USB1 port on my motherboard. The reader has several SD slots and two USB slots.

Windows 10 Home Behavior

The SD card reader worked as expected.

Windows 10 Pro Behavior

When I insert an SD card into one of the SD slots, nothing happens. The card is not read and nothing appears under the drive on This PC. I have tried this using both SD and micro SD cards. However, there are three other things going on:

• The USB slots in the reader work fine.
    • The SD slot is recognized on startup before Windows loads. It appears as a boot option when I have a card inserted and manually enter the boot menu on the motherboard (F11).
    • Drive letters appear for each SD slot.
    Attempted Fixes

I have tried several steps to fix this issue. They include:

• Running hardware Troubleshooting under Control Panel
    • Updating drivers under Device Manager
    • Uninstalling the device under Device Manager, and picking up on reboot
    • Installed all Windows 10 Pro updates
    • Reinstalling Windows 10 Pro
    None of these actions has solved the problem. After each, I confirmed that the SD reader is recognized by the BIOS on startup before Windows loads.

Does anyone have any other ideas for what I can try? Should I purchase a new SD card reader and see if it exhibits the same behavior?

JeffreyKramer9, Dec 1, 2019
Thema:

SD Reader on Surface Pro 7 is slower than Moses!

1. SD Reader on Surface Pro 7 is slower than Moses! - Similar Threads - Reader Surface Pro

2. surface pro 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    surface pro 7: My Sp will not boot. it gets to throubshooting and or reset screens but freezes everytime . I can not get into it at all. How can I make me a recovery from my regualr PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-7/51472c20-b453-4ef4-a968-7d1f5113a1b5
  3. surface pro 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    surface pro 7: My Sp will not boot. it gets to throubshooting and or reset screens but freezes everytime . I can not get into it at all. How can I make me a recovery from my regualr PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-7/51472c20-b453-4ef4-a968-7d1f5113a1b5
  4. Surface pro 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface pro 7: Today my surface presented this see picture on the screen after having used it for at least 3 hours in a row. I don't know what caused it but maybe it was because it got hot. I am very disappointed in how easily it was damaged. has it happened to someone? has anyone solved...
  5. Surface pro 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface pro 7: Today my surface presented this see picture on the screen after having used it for at least 3 hours in a row. I don't know what caused it but maybe it was because it got hot. I am very disappointed in how easily it was damaged. has it happened to someone? has anyone solved...
  6. Windows 11 Back Up SD Drive on Surface Pro 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Back Up SD Drive on Surface Pro 7: Is there a way to back up the Surface Pro 7 running Windows 11 micro SD drive to an external drive? Under the Windows 7 Method, you were able to pick your files and drives to save, but now with the File History Method, all it backs up is oneDrive. Are you just supposed to...
  7. Microsoft Surface Pro 7 - SD Card Drops Out - No Connection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Surface Pro 7 - SD Card Drops Out - No Connection: I have a Microsoft Surface Pro 7 that I use a Micro-SD Card for additional storage. I use the SD Card as an extra drive.The problem is that the SD Card will simply disconnect and disappear. The only way to restore the connection is to either physically eject the card and...
  8. surface pro SD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    surface pro SD: surface pro 4 SD, SD ? SD, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro/78a8a346-40a7-4c8b-a5fc-8755b1594606
  9. Surface Pro 7 i5 wifi much slower than iPhone 11 Pro?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Surface Pro 7 i5 wifi much slower than iPhone 11 Pro?: Hi there. With both Surface and iPhone connected to same 5ghz wifi and iPhone speedtests at 200mbps with Surface at 30mbps? Any advice here? Assuming something obvious but used to Apple not Windows. Wifi router is Virgin Media Home Hub 3.0. Thanks...
  10. Programs load slower than windows 7

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Programs load slower than windows 7: So I upgraded finally after I felt that windows 10 was on the right track. I noticed my programs load 5 to 8 seconds slower than with windows 7. I have 2 ssd drives and sometimes when I am searching for a file it will tell me "WORKING ON IT". This never happened with windows...