Windows 10: SD Storage Controller woes on builds 20xxx, and solution.

Discus and support SD Storage Controller woes on builds 20xxx, and solution. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So this was an issue that has frustrated me since the first 20xxx build. I have a TMAX TM101W638L which uses the SD Storage Controller drivers to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ShadowEO, Aug 14, 2020.

1. ShadowEO Win User

SD Storage Controller woes on builds 20xxx, and solution.

So this was an issue that has frustrated me since the first 20xxx build. I have a TMAX TM101W638L which uses the SD Storage Controller drivers to provide the internal storage eMMC. This did not, and still does not, function properly on Windows 10 2004 builds. I'd either have no internal storage, or internal storage with no partitions while running setup.

I finally found a solution, an unorthodox solution, but a solution nonetheless. Perhaps a Microsoft enginner can chime in to explain what had happened here.

I mounted all four images across boot.wim and install.wim, my chipset drivers are already supported by Windows out of the box, so it wasn't those causing the issue.

No, instead, it was the built-in inbox drivers for the Intel SD Host Controller or the SD Storage Controller as it worked after replacing the drivers in the installation and boot images with the ones from the stable build 19042. The files I replaced were:

- sdbus.sys

- sdstor.sys

- ehstorclass.sys

- disk.sys

- partmgr.sys

After replacing those files with the ones in 19042 in every image contained in the WIM files on installation media, magically setup can enumerate my internal storage properly and install. This seems to be a regression unique to the new builds.

:)

ShadowEO, Aug 14, 2020
  2. scutrona Win User

Issue with SD Storage Class Controller

Hi Joy,

thanks for the tips.

I followed your suggestions and despite none of the 2 actions found any corrupted files or settings, the SD card is now consistently detected by the system.

Only one concern. When checking the status of the Controllers via Device Manager, I now find 2 SD Storage Class Controllers, as it was happening at the beginning of the issue. At that time, however, the presence of 2 Controllers was temporary, now it's permanent.
    Is it something I should be worried about?

Thanks.

scutrona, Aug 14, 2020
  3. scutrona Win User
    Issue with SD Storage Class Controller

Hello,

I am having issues with my Asus T100TA running Win 10 Pro (version 1607, OS Build 14393.82).

The issue is related to the SD card reader. By default (ie, when switching on the machine), the computer does not see any SD card inserted (I tried different makes and sizes - same pattern). Sometimes (abt 10% of cases), the issue gets resolved by ejecting
    and re-inserting the card. In the remaining 90% of cases this action does not help.

It does, however, consistently solve the issue going to Device Manager and acting on the SD Storage Class Controller (generic manufacturer, Microsoft provider, driver version 10.0.14393.0). I first tried updating the driver, but the system reported that
    the most recent driver software was installed. I then tried uninstalling the device. This triggered a request of restarting the computer, after which there appeared 2 identical SD Storage Class Controller. At this point, the SD card is perfectly seen and the
    computer acts properly when ejecting and re-inserting the card. However, the problem presents itself again, when the machine is switched off or goes into standby.

It looks like the machine is having a driver issue, but I cannot fix it. Any help/ suggestions, please?

Thanks

scutrona, Aug 14, 2020
  4. SD Storage Controller woes on builds 20xxx, and solution.

SD storage class controller

Hi,

After latest Windows 10 update - March 22, 2018—KB4089848 (OS Build 16299.334) my Lenovo Yoga Book is not recognized SD card.

In Device manager a see SD storage class controller problem. I try to update driver by i have a message best driver on your device is already installed. I also try to uninstall driver, but problem persists.

What can a do ?

Alexander Lilov, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

SD Storage Controller woes on builds 20xxx, and solution.

1. SD Storage Controller woes on builds 20xxx, and solution. - Similar Threads - Storage Controller woes

2. Maximum storage capacity SD card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Maximum storage capacity SD card: What is the maximum storage capacity SD card that will work with Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/maximum-storage-capacity-sd-card/a9bae132-9705-4e56-a64e-93eed2a557ba
  3. Intel sd host controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel sd host controller: I am trying to downgrade my Toshiba satellite CL45-C4330 to windows seven, but the installer keeps saying i need a driver for the device Intel sd host controller and tells me to load a driver. Where do I find this driver or is there a work around?...
  4. Intel sd host controller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intel sd host controller: I am trying to downgrade my Toshiba satellite CL45-C4330 to windows seven, but the installer keeps saying i need a driver for the device Intel sd host controller and tells me to load a driver. Where do I find this driver or is there a work around?...
  5. Windows 10 Bluetooth Woes (build 19042)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Bluetooth Woes (build 19042): Hi all, I Recently busted out my Razer Raiju Ultimate controller to use with my PC. I turned it on and it didn't pair. Odd, I thought, so I put it in pairing mode but my PC won't even see it. I checked to see if audio devices were detected, and they are and are able to...
  6. SD card not recognised... Solution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SD card not recognised... Solution: Hi to everyone having problems with an sd card not being recognised in windows 10 on a surface device. I tried all the other suggestions and none worked, until I formatted the disc. Works a treat now. Long press windows button bottom left, computer management, Disc...
  7. sd storage class controller driver

sd storage class controller driver: want to see D: with plug into the belly of the beast terabyte https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-storage-class-controller-driver/87176e70-16b6-4f60-9433-aac5adce531d
  8. Using Micro sd card for storage

in Windows 10 Support
    Using Micro sd card for storage: Good day to all. I have this hp laptop with a ssd drive with the operating system, All my documents photos etc are on an external ssd in an enclosure connected with USB cable.I'm quite happy with the setup works okay I'd does what I want it to do. Friend of mine has a similar...
  9. Yoga book Win 10 64: Sd storage class controller

Yoga book Win 10 64: Sd storage class controller: Hi, I recently bought a Yoga Book 2 in 1 tablet and it came with Windows 10 pro 64bit. My windows is upto date, it took about 1 day for all the updates to roll. The tablet has a microSd/SIM slot. The slot does not recognize any microSd card i tried (will share what i...
  10. Post Build 10586 Update Woes

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Post Build 10586 Update Woes: Yesterday, Windows Update sent me an update to install Windows 10 Pro Build 10586. I didn't expect it but I've been trying to fix my Win 10 Pro installation since the two-hour update finished. I couldn't get the Start button to do anything until I restarted my system...