Windows 10: SD/TF reader can only read normal SD cards and not micro ones.

Discus and support SD/TF reader can only read normal SD cards and not micro ones. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My PC has a built in card reader that can read both micro SD cards and normal SD cards. Normal SD cards work perfectly. When I insert a micro SD card,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FrazerCowan, Feb 10, 2021.

1. SD/TF reader can only read normal SD cards and not micro ones.

My PC has a built in card reader that can read both micro SD cards and normal SD cards. Normal SD cards work perfectly. When I insert a micro SD card, it makes the 'device connected' sound, but shows up in Windows explorer as a USB drive with no disk inserted. Whether I have a normal SD card or a micro SD card inserted, it shows up as a USB mass storage device in Device Manager, which the drivers are up to date for. I have also tried reinstalling it to no avail. The fault is definitely not with the micro SD card as I have tried multiple, which all work on other devices but not my PC. What can I do?

:)

FrazerCowan, Feb 10, 2021
  2. dorsetknob, Feb 10, 2021
  3. john_ Win User
    Micro sd to sd card adaptor...

Wow... That's expensive considering that the opposite adapter sells for about a dollar.

This looks much cheaper. I believe does the same job. And it should be much cheaper. If I am not mistaken these are passive adapters.

SD to Micro SD Card Extension Cable Adapter Flexible Extender Cable 24 inch Long | eBay $4.74

SD/TF reader can only read normal SD cards and not micro ones. adapter-png.png

john_, Feb 10, 2021
  4. bradleyb Win User

SD/TF reader can only read normal SD cards and not micro ones.

SD card/SD card reader no longer working

Hi. New to this so not sure of category.
    I have a Lenovo G70. Windows 10, 64bit
    My SD card reader has stopped working.
    In Device Manager, the SD card is not listed.
    I can't format the card as it is not listed.
    I cannot locate the card at all as it is not listed anywhere.
    I've tried chkdsk and get 'Cannot open volume for direct access'
    I don't even have the icon displaying when micro SD card is inserted.
    It did work previously but I had errors. Scanning and fixing did not help.
    I place the SD card in my Android phone and it works fine.
    Please help!
    Thank you for any assistance.

bradleyb, Feb 10, 2021
Thema:

SD/TF reader can only read normal SD cards and not micro ones.

1. SD/TF reader can only read normal SD cards and not micro ones. - Similar Threads - reader read normal

2. micro sd card reader

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    micro sd card reader: ok i have a hp stream 11-y0xx and it has a micro sd card port on the side of it. well i recently re-installed windows 10 and my micro sd card reader isnt reading anything. i have tried diskpart, device manager, and both micro sd cards read in my phone but not in labtop....
  3. micro sd card reader

in Windows 10 Gaming
    micro sd card reader: ok i have a hp stream 11-y0xx and it has a micro sd card port on the side of it. well i recently re-installed windows 10 and my micro sd card reader isnt reading anything. i have tried diskpart, device manager, and both micro sd cards read in my phone but not in labtop....
  4. micro sd card reader

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. pc not reading micro sd card

pc not reading micro sd card: pc not reading micro sd card or adapter ...is ok with full size sd card [ps. same with different pc] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-not-reading-micro-sd-card/b7b64ffa-942f-4e1b-956c-2a58307c9f62
  6. micro sd cards

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    micro sd cards: so ive recently discovered a problem on my windows 10 machine that it doesnt correctly read large micro sd cards, but does correctly pick up smaller size ones. i also have a laptop that ive check, which correctly disaplys the large mirco sd card tho. itll be nice to know why...
  7. Trouble reading micro sd card.

Trouble reading micro sd card.: Hello there. I've been having an issue with micro sd cards lately. I own a 1 and half year old Acer Switch hybrid notebook and have used a 64gb class 10 card with it from day 1. After about an year, windows explorer began to freeze when trying to read from the card, and would...
  8. micro sd card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    micro sd card: how can you play a video from the micro sd card? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_music/micro-sd-card/6b3649a7-4998-4708-889e-17393ae74f39
  9. Micro sd card in phone - can Macrium read it

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Micro sd card in phone - can Macrium read it: Hi there. I haven't tried it yet but with the 128 and 64 GB micros sd cards available I was wondering if say a Macrium image could be saved on to one of these cards - and could the stand alone boot recovery medium recognize the phone so the image could be restored. (I'm not...
  10. Micro SD card reader

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Micro SD card reader: I recently downloaded all my pictures from my laptop to a Micro SDXC 128gb . When I open it 50% of my pictures say can not open . it is a jpg file. Any solutions how to get them all? I had them downloaded on a usb flashy drive then delete the flash drive re formated it. 100487