Windows 10: SDD drive is not being detected by bios

Discus and support SDD drive is not being detected by bios in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My internal storage disk is no longer being detected by my BIOS. This happened after i experienced a blue screen of death and ever since my disk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Laein, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Laein Win User

SDD drive is not being detected by bios

My internal storage disk is no longer being detected by my BIOS. This happened after i experienced a blue screen of death and ever since my disk stopped being detected. What could be the problem? SDD drive is not being detected by bios d0abcb43-958b-46cf-9c63-c16709f32122?upload=true.jpg SDD drive is not being detected by bios a4611a35-e4f1-4ded-a896-73c3eb899f76?upload=true.png SDD drive is not being detected by bios 1c37368a-b53a-4832-97c3-d628c709b73b?upload=true.png

:)

Laein, Nov 11, 2020

2. drive in disk management, not detected in BIOS

Hi Danny,

The challenge that you are experiencing with your drive not being detected by the BIOS can occur due to several reasons, such as, damaged cables, malfunctioning card reader, incorrect cable connection, hardware failure, etc. To better assist you, kindly
    answer the following questions:

• How are you connecting your eMMC drive to your computer?
    • What is the make and model of your laptop?
    • What is the make and model of your eMMC drive?

We look forward to your response.

Joshua Her1, Nov 11, 2020
  3. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Nov 11, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Internal hard drive not getting detected after upgrading the computer to Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that after upgrading your computer to Windows 10, the 8TB internal hard drive is not getting detected. I’ll certainly help you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• How did you upgrade the computer to Windows 10?
    • Are you able to see the hard drive in BIOS?
    • Are you using a Desktop or a Laptop?
    • What is the make and model of the computer you are using?

I would suggest you to check if the hard drive is being detected in BIOS. If the hard drive is not being detected in BIOS, then it could be a connectivity issue between the hard drive and the motherboard.

However, if the hard drive is getting detected in BIOS, I would suggest you to try updating the storage drivers from the computer manufacturer’s website and see if that helps.

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

1. SDD drive is not being detected by bios - Similar Threads - SDD drive being

2. M2 SSD not being detected by bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    M2 SSD not being detected by bios: I changed motherboards and decrypted the my 2 M2 SSDs Samsung and Lexar . After porting everything over, I saw my Lexar SSD was still in decryption process. Afterwards, the message disappeared and I do not see the Lexar SSD in the diskmgmt and diskpart but can see that it is...
  3. M2 SSD not being detected by bios

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    M2 SSD not being detected by bios: I changed motherboards and decrypted the my 2 M2 SSDs Samsung and Lexar . After porting everything over, I saw my Lexar SSD was still in decryption process. Afterwards, the message disappeared and I do not see the Lexar SSD in the diskmgmt and diskpart but can see that it is...
  4. Windows install not being detected by bios

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows install not being detected by bios: Just ran a secure erase from bios on my old nvme ssd now that I have installed windows and transferred everything to my new ssd but now bios isn't detecting windows on the new ssd.I know that Windows 10 exists on the new ssd as before on boot it would ask me which volume to...
  5. Windows install not being detected by bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows install not being detected by bios: Just ran a secure erase from bios on my old nvme ssd now that I have installed windows and transferred everything to my new ssd but now bios isn't detecting windows on the new ssd.I know that Windows 10 exists on the new ssd as before on boot it would ask me which volume to...
  6. Windows install not being detected by bios

7. ssd bios not being detected.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ssd bios not being detected.: hi. I built my pc back in march and I got a new SSD to speed things up. it is detected here. but it isn't being detected in bios because I want to transfer windows to my SSD D: and boot it in bios....
  8. ssd bios not being detected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ssd bios not being detected.: hi. I built my pc back in march and I got a new SSD to speed things up. it is detected here. but it isn't being detected in bios because I want to transfer windows to my SSD D: and boot it in bios....
  9. ssd bios not being detected.

10. Pen Drive not being detected by BIOS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pen Drive not being detected by BIOS: I just wanted to TRYDon't kill me Microsoft, I am not leaving Windows Linux Mint on a real hardware, so I installed as per the given guides on the internet on a USB, but whenever I plug in the USB, Windows CAN detect the USB and lets me go in there, but my BIOS cannot. My...