Windows 10: SDHC Card / Asus N550

Discus and support SDHC Card / Asus N550 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have recently tried to use an internal card reader (Realtek 2.0) for the first time since upgrading to Windows 10. In simple terms, I can put it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by marcodewilco, May 31, 2019.

1. SDHC Card / Asus N550

I have recently tried to use an internal card reader (Realtek 2.0) for the first time since upgrading to Windows 10.

In simple terms, I can put it into another PC (not running windows 10) and it is recognised, access to files, no issues.

As soon as I put it in the Windows 10 internal card reader, I get:-

a) "The directory is name is invalid" (don't think this is the main issue and I caused it!

b) "You need to format the drive"

I have tried everything! I used an empty card, managed to reformat it on the other laptop, however windows 10 just doesn't want to format it. Strangely, as soon as I put it in, it is recognised in device manager. It cannot be a hardware issue (card), I have tried everything.

ANy help on this would be hugely appreciated as I have bought a new blueooth music player to use this 256gb card and at the moment it is useless.

Many thanks in advance

:)

marcodewilco, May 31, 2019

2. Windows 10 and SDHC card

Installed Windows 10, now will not recognize my SDHC card out of my camera.

What steps do I need to take to get Windows 10 to recognized my SDHC card (8GB)?

Thanks

Monica Lamothe, May 31, 2019
  3. Information about SDHC cards

This is not a problem, just something I found out recently! This might be
    valid for Mac users only
    . Currently I am using a MacBook with Snow Leopard 10.6 and
    Nokia Multimedia Transfer 1.4.2.

I got a new 32GB SDHC card for my Nokia 5800XM. After having copied the content from my old 8GB SDHC card to the new one, I realized some things:

• For some reason non of my applications, that I had installed on the SDHC card did work.
    • I was not able to copy new music to the larger SDHC card: NMT started synchronization but did stop at some point - without any error message.
    After having formated the SDHC card in my Nokia 5800XM and copied back the content, at least the Music transfer is working perfect again ... no sudden errors.

I still have to reinstall all my applications - but on the other hand this is the chance to clear up ;-)

Cheers

Jörn

PS: Larger SDHC cards definitively slow down the performance!

SkulDuggery, May 31, 2019
  4. SDHC Card / Asus N550

SDHC card

Did you check if the SDHC card is in lock mode?

Press Windows key + X

Click Device Manager

Expand Disk drives

Right click the SDHC card

Click uninstall

If you don't see it under Disk drives, look under Memory technologies.

Also check if the drive is assigned a drive letter.

Press Windows key + X

Click Disk Management

If you see your drive listed there, but no drive letter, right click it

Click Change Drive Letter and Paths

Click Add

Click Assign the following drive letter

Click in the Drive letter list box

Choose a drive letter - try choosing letters near the end of the alphabet

Click OK

Click OK again

Andre for Directly, May 31, 2019
Thema:

SDHC Card / Asus N550

1. SDHC Card / Asus N550 - Similar Threads - SDHC Card Asus

2. why is sdhc card not working on my ASUS S510UN

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    why is sdhc card not working on my ASUS S510UN: SDHC Card is not working on my laptop. But working in camera https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-sdhc-card-not-working-on-my-asus-s510un/896494b0-7ddd-44a2-a1fb-676785abe541
  3. SDHC card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SDHC card: Data on my SDHC card in my Windows 10 laptop I accidently deleted . Any chance I can recover it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sdhc-card/76bc6f6b-a15f-4466-8238-29b9e92e0b18
  4. Problems downloading from SDHC card

Problems downloading from SDHC card: I have windows 10 photos and I have been downloading my photos from my camera's SDHC card. This time it only downloaded part of my photos and then it stopped and said there was a problem. I could not find the trouble shooting for the photos. No, I do not have a plug in...
  5. SDHC card-can't open in win.10

SDHC card-can't open in win.10: So this great new win.10 sys. won't work with my digital equip. the latest disaster is I can't figure how to: make it open, or burn, or transfer anything from my SDHC card from video camera. Camera is very nice but I can't watch anything or BURN it on a CD/DVD I would...
  6. external storage chip (SDHC card in asus laptop)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    external storage chip (SDHC card in asus laptop): how do I activate it, I have it in and when I look at my storage I see it but I dont know how to use it and since my laptop doesn't have much storage on this thing and I got a chip for sims4...
  7. SDHC card

SDHC card: I took some new pictures from my camera SDHC card and transferred them to my laptop computer. Now I want to erase the SDHC card so it is blank and replace it in my camera. How do I do this? Currently all pictures I have ever taken still remain on my SDHC card....
  8. reformatting an sdhc card

reformatting an sdhc card: hi can anyone help, I'm using windows 10 and would like to format a 2gb sdhc card from fat32 to fat16 so I can use in my Nikon D50 camera as it only accepts sd not sdhc...
  9. SDHC Card reader

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SDHC Card reader: My Inspiron One will not read SDHC Cards since my upgrade https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_photo/sdhc-card-reader/baed2b27-52ac-46ec-8b34-043faa5a5d1d
  10. SDHC Card keeps opening Windows Explorer.

SDHC Card keeps opening Windows Explorer.: It didn't yesterday, but today it keeps opening a Windows Folder when I have it plugged into the SD Card Slot. I updated all drivers via DriverEasy yesterday but I do not see a driver that was updated for the SD Card. When I check Device Manager it shows the 2006 10.0.10586.0...